Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Angel

Flux

Closed Roleplay [X-Men] Night Angel

Flux stalked the night streets in freshly-laundred gray-and-black clothes. He'd jokingly called them tactical as he'd taken them and stormed off, but he hoped they would afford him some stealth as he made his way to the apartment where his old flame Banner Laverick was making her home these days. Tron had been reluctant to help, but had caved with enough pestering. The computer-master mutant had been able to tell him not only the building, but the room number, and even what floor and side he could expect to find her bedroom window. And now he stood on the sidewalk outside it with a cell phone that Tron promised wouldn't link her to the Brotherhood. He sighed heavily and dialed her cell phone, hoping the number hadn't changed.
    Last edited by Flux; Jul 15th, 2012 at 10:11:20 PM.

Banner Laverick
    Banner had been living her new life for almost a year now. She'd moved from Cullens to Los Angeles, ending up in a small apartment in Korea Town. Life has been relatively normal - no crime fighting, no mutant schooling, nothing - with the exception of Felix, no Fluxs' trial and imprisonment...

A lot of time had passed since her visit with him, leaving her to stew in her own thoughts and feelings while keeping up appearances with everyone she knew here. Work helped. Anything that kept her busy was good.

Sleep was also a good way to not think about things, but that was being rudely interrupted by her cell phone vibrating loudly on her night stand. A hand reached up from under the covers, pulling the phone underneath them. An unlisted number. Great.

"Hello? Who is this?"

Flux
    Well, that's lucky. What to say now? He sighed heavily, stared up at the window, and settled on something half-heartedly silly and cheesy.

"The Master of Magnet," he said, his free hand coming up part way out of embarrassment before he let it slap back down against his hip. "I'm outside in your alleyway like a stalker. Can I come in?"

Banner Laverick
    "What?"

She sat up in bed, running a hand through the unruly red mop of hair that peeked up from under the sheets. She moved over to the window, squinting out at the street. A familiar figure in dark clothes gave a little wave up at her. She gave one back.

"Yeah. Did you want me to buzz you in or something? I didn't know you were coming, I would have cleaned up..." Banner paused and yawned into the phone. What she was saying made no sense - why would he care about the apartment being cleaned, he had just gotten out of jail. Anything was nicer than his plain plastic cell.

She wasn't exactly sure HOW he had gotten out, but the sleepiness in her mind kept that kind of thinking to a minimum. They would talk about it when they talked about everything else.

"I can come down, if you want. I don't know."

Flux
    "Nah, would rather come up." He hung up the phone and leapt to the window with the aid of his powers, clinging to the building's metal support structure through the walls. He smiled at her through the window glass and gave a tiny wave.

"Sorry, your door man was intimidating."

Banner Laverick
    She couldn't help but giggle as she pulled open the window for him, moving to sit on the edge of the bed so he'd have room to climb in. As much as she loved her apartment, it was pretty small. She didn't really know what to say to the young man climbing into her bedroom - what do you say to someone who you last saw in prison? She could make a joke, but it didn't seem right. Banner looked at her feet.

"I missed you."

Flux
    He pressed her to the bed, pulling her hair gently to tip her face up and met her lips with a deep, lustful kiss.

"Me, too," he whispered, nuzzling into her neck and holding her close. He squeezed her tightly and shut his eyes, breathing in the scent of her skin and hair. He wanted to just lie there and hold her, he wanted to talk to her, he wanted to sate his year of sexual need in her hips until they collapsed of exhaustion. He didn't know which he wanted more. "I have missed, missed, missed you, every day. I have thought of you, dreamed, fantasized...God, I need you right now."

Banner Laverick
    "Mmmmm Flux!"

She returned the kiss, gently running her fingers through his hair and down his back. Her hips pressed against his, her legs wrapping around his as he nuzzled into her neck, whispering into her ear. She kissed his face, his neck, burying her face into his shoulder. It felt so good to just be near him again, to touch, smell and taste him. Banner sighed into the skin on the nape of his neck.

"Please just be with me, I need you to just stay with me and not go away again..."

Flux
    "Hey hey hey hey, I'm not going anywhere," he reassured her, making himself sit up so he could look her in the eye. He looked everywhere else first. "Self control is hard," he blurted. He mashed his palms on his eyes. "Look, I just, I want to do this one thing, but we need to talk about us, and the talking should probably happen ahead of the doing. I busted out earlier today, and went back to...base, I guess is what we can call it, and I got held up super long there before I got to come out. I had to see you right away. Just hadda do it, y'know?" His hands fell to her thighs and rubbed them automatically as he tried to think past his frustrations. "So, uh, what do you think?"

Banner Laverick
    Banner sat up with him, pulling her arms away from him as he explained what had happened. They did need to talk, but there was so much to talk about - too much. Him being here was too much to process right now; she couldn't imagine them sitting down and having a discussion about their future when these feelings were hanging over them like a dark cloud. It was something they both needed, both wanted. Talking could wait.

She placed her hands on his, leaning forward to plant a soft kiss on his lips. "I think we need to take care of this first. We can talk about everything else in the morning. Okay?"

Flux
    That small invitation was all he needed. He shoved her back onto the bed. It was a rough move on any other girl, but he'd learned from experience that the only way to play aggressively with an invincible, immovable Banner was to over-do it and cue her in on what he wanted. Her scant pajamas were gone in an instant as youthful lust overrode caution and reason. He let her tear his clothes to pieces, and pressed himself to her, moaning with joy as he knew her intimately again. He braced himself on the bed and watched her, studied her, committed every passionate moment to his memory to have forever, and swore that he'd never be kept from her for so long ever, ever again.

Banner Laverick
    Banner grinned as he pushed her to the bed, her fingers wrapping themselves around the collar of his shirt. The seams popped, the tattered remains of his clothing ending up god knows where on the floor. With him there was no need for restraint - he knew her, knew what she was capable of doing with her mutant abilities. Any thoughts of being gentle were the furthest thing from both their minds. Her body pressed hotly against his, her lips whispering how much she wanted him, needed him until all she could do was gasp and moan into his ear. Her fingertips left small bruises across his back as she held him to her, not wanting to let him go now that she had him.

The morning came quickly, the sun streaming in through the window and across the exhausted pair laying breathless in bed. Banner let out a tiny sigh as she stirred, vainly attempting to detangle herself from the mess of bed clothes they were both wrapped in. Before they finally fell asleep, Flux had pulled the covers up around them; now they were mostly on his side along with the only pillow. His arms were wrapped tightly around it, his face smushed into the dark coloured fabric. She slipped her hand underneath his arm, tickling his side softly, her voice a tired little whimper.

"Stop cuddling the pillow and cuddle me, you goober."

Flux
    "You took mine away," he mumbled, breathing deep and stretching. He repositioned their bodies to give her the pillow and lay his head on her chest. The mutant man sighed deeply, basking in the moment--when his mind snapped to the last thing they really discussed. Which was that they would soon have to discuss their situation.

Instantly he was alert and his good mood was mostly soured. He heaved another sigh and kissed the smooth skin of her breast, holding her a little closer. "So, slept well?" His voice was a dead giveaway of what his scumbag brain had done; deadpan, kinda flat, the voice he used to ask obvious rhetorical questions.

Banner Laverick
    "As well as could be expected."

She put her arms lightly around his shoulders, brushing a few stray strands of hair away from his face. Banner frowned at the tone of his voice. It seemed like discussing their relationship was the last thing Flux wanted to do.

"We can't just not talk about things. I mean, it would be great if we just , I don't know, stay how we were. But we can't. Things are too different."

She didn't know how to start, or what she would say. It was like her feelings were tightly bottled up - no matter how hard she shook the bottle, the right words wouldn't come out.

"You're different. Maybe you won't want to be with me, or want to be part of the life I want. I don't even know what you want to do, besides make mutants the master race..." Her voice trailed off and she went back to stroking his hair. "You know how I feel about you, and about that kind of thing. This is really up to you, Flux."
    Last edited by Banner Laverick; Jul 19th, 2012 at 06:01:46 PM.

Flux
    "Well, I dunno about master race, so much," he grumbled, sitting up onto his knees and looking at her. "They didn't like what I did at the bridge. They--Geryon, most specifically--said I didn't 'get' what the goal was, or what were supposed to do, or something. So what I thought I was doing right, I did wrong, and I don't get where I went wrong, and it pisses me off pretty bad." He rubbed his eyes and shifted to sit on his butt, legs folded, bunching her blanket up around his cold feet. "So now I'm gonna try and figure out what to do right, 'cause I still believe the Brotherhood is the way to go. I just need to figure out how to do it right."

Banner Laverick
    Banner looked up at him from her place on the pillow. She didn't really get WHY the Brotherhood would say what he did was wrong - wasn't the whole point of their movement to make "mundanes" see that mutants were superior? Wouldn't violence be a great way to do that?

"Okay. I kinda have to agree with them; I mean, look what happened. You ended up in prison, and..." She paused, a sad look coming over her features. She inhaled sharply, pulling the blankets closer to her face. It seemed like he had made up his mind, but she still didn't factor into any of it.

"If you think this Brotherhood is the way you want to go, I can't really stop you. But I don't see where "we" fit into that. Are you going to go out and do brotherhood stuff, then come home and play house with me? I don't want that kind of life - I want to just be who we are, and not have to have these double lives of heroes or mutants or whatever."

Flux
    "Y'know, that's kinda funny because our whole relationship started over living double lives as mutant heroes." He shook his head and drummed his knee with his fingers, trying to think.

"Look, I want us to be able to have a relationship that doesn't get steamrolled by the laws they're using to make us all criminals. I mean, my own actual criminal record aside, I don't think having powers oughtta put us in the random drawing for prison cells. That's what I wanna try and stop with the Brotherhood. I don't want you arrested because you have the most badass power set of any mutant I know." He sighed and rubbed his hands through his hair. "I understand that you want us to live a 'normal' life, but I don't see how it can happen. Why the sudden change of heart? You used to love your powers."

Banner Laverick
    "Yeah, and look where it got us."

She sat up, pulling her knees up towards her chin to rest her head on them. She kept her eyes on her feet as she spoke.

"It got me sent away to Cullens, so we never saw each other...Then you got arrested, sent away. I can't love something that takes away things that are important to me. I just want to be with my boyfriend, but I can't because of a stupid gene. We can't be ourselves if everyone is out there hating us, and we can't have a life like everyone else because of it. So why would I love my powers, when all it does is make things worse."
    Last edited by Banner Laverick; Jul 22nd, 2012 at 07:22:55 AM.

Flux
    "YOUR powers did not make anything worse," Flux told her with a look of genuine worry. "I did those things. Not you. You can't hold any blame for this." He scooted over next to her and hugged her shoulders. "The Brotherhood and I can make it so we can have a life without the hate of mundanes getting in the way. Please, just trust me that we're doing a good thing. You can do it, too."

Banner Laverick
    "Okay."

Banner leaned into him, keeping her arms around her knees. She turned her face towards him, forcing a smile. She wasn't overly sure about this, but she would try her best to make it work.

"So, did you want to do something today? I actually have time off of work, so we could do something in the city or just stay home. We could stay in bed all day, if you wanted to."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast