TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Information Newbies Guide to General RP

What is General Roleplaying?

General Roleplaying encompasses any and all roleplay threads that take place outside of the Star Wars setting.

What are the current General Roleplaying settings?

• Mutants Unite - Inspired initially by Marvel Comics X-Men,, but with wholly original characters, the Mutants Unite scenario has expanded to include a whole host of mutant-based storylines and has proved to be the most popular setting in General Roleplaying.
    • World of Darkness - Based on the 2nd Edition of White Wolf's popular pen & paper roleplaying game of the same name, The World of Darkness (or WoD) gave players the opportunity to create characters of a different kind - Kindred (vampires), Garou (werewolves), Mages, Immortals and many more besides.
    • Myth - a sword and sorcery fantasy epic created solely by 'Fans roleplayers.
    • DC: Gotham - Players putting their own spin on the DC Comics universe, specifically Gotham City, the Bat Family and their allies/enemies.

Other settings have included roleplays taking place in ancient Rome, on a post-apocalyptic version of Earth, in the Wild West and in the universe of the Fallout video game series.

How do I know which setting a roleplay is in?

All of the General Roleplaying settings have their own set of 'topic tags' - images which you will see to the left of the thread title. If you only want to see threads which take place in a certain setting, click on the topic tag. You can then click 'Unfilter' (which you should see directly above the topic tag column) to return to the main thread listing, which will show threads for all settings.

How do I join a General Roleplaying setting?

Start off by introducing yourself in this forum Tell us about the character that you'd like to play, the story that you want to tell and the setting you'd like to join.

I want to RP something that isn't listed above. Can I?

Go for it! You can just right into the General RP forum at any time with any new idea. If you'd like others to join you in the creation of your new setting, you can start a thread in this forum to pitch your idea to them.
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Jan 6th, 2013 at 05:02:25 AM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 03:48:33 PM.

oh what a tangled web I weave