Thread: Jedi fleeter looking for position

SW-Fans.Net Poster

As Auditor-General of the Corporate Sector Authority, I hereby order all food chains to make their bantha burgers with bacon... ... ...I can do that, right? I can't? You're fired.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Blog Entries

Jedi fleeter looking for position

So now that Cho's pretty much joined with the Wheel, I was thinking of things to do with him while he's there; sitting on his ass might be the mystical Jedi way, but it's boring to write.

So I figured that as I made him to for fleeting, why not put him on a ship here? So I looked in on the different ships in the wheel, and I saw that the Intrepid, the Nebulon B frigate in the convoy, is "without" a captain at the moment.

What are the chances that we could insert Cho in there as Captain?

Maybe we can even go about this Star Trek style - he's on the ship, but not acting in a command role until things go wrong and he shows his mettle, like an old, reptilian Kirk.

Anywho, if this is a no go, I'm perfectly fine with him finding something else to do, but it honestly fits, so I would like him to take that role if possible.

Mind if I get back to you in a couple of days, Vince? I have a thought or two, but want to check my facts first.

As a bonus thought: I'm initially hesitant. Looking at it from an Alliance perspective, Cho is Jedi aligned: putting him in command of an Alliance ship potentially makes him a Captain with split loyalties. How will that factor in with the Alliance imposing a lockdown on the Jedi? I have no problem with the principle, but it might not be the most story-plausible approach: there might be an alternative that is more logical.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I have no objection to this, and I quite like the idea of Cho proving his leadership mettle in an emergency, but in retrospect, would his actions be considered pure luck or does he have the fleeting/military/command credentials to back it up?

The only drawback I can think of is that this could potentially limit Cho's movement within the fleet, and particularly his interaction with other Jedi. Of course, that can always been worked around by handing it over to a second-in-command, though. And while, from an IC perspective, I do see Jace's point, it would be nice to have a player character commanding that frigate, that I had honestly forgot was even there, until now.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

As Auditor-General of the Corporate Sector Authority, I hereby order all food chains to make their bantha burgers with bacon... ... ...I can do that, right? I can't? You're fired.
    AKA
    Vince
    Blog Entries
    He used to be the Admiral/General in Command of the Corporate Sector's security fleets and military forces, so he's got credentials.

That said, it was mainly an administrative job rather than mainly military. Cho has some experience, but he's not been in a position where victory was ever actually in question; he's always had all the numbers and resources he could call on to get a job done.

Now, where Cho has experience, I've never actually fleeted, though it's always interested me. Part of the reason for putting Cho into a single ship instead of, say, somehow getting him a fleet (on top of being hard to justify IC) was so that I could also get some practice in writing one ship rather than controlling a number of them at once.