Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hawaiian Friday

Tristan Heller
    Hi there. How are you? I'm fine, thanks. Hope you're enjoying your evening.

Words like that floated through Tristan's head as he worked. This was why he hated working nights: the volume was too loud, and the customers too disinterested to show any kind of curtosy to the staff. During the day, people were all too happy to exercise some manners and civility with the guy fixing their drinks. But as soon as the sun went down and the volume went up, the humble barman's role changed from service to servant, and no one ever bothered talking to the hired help.

At least no one had thrown up on his shoes yet, though. That was always a plus.

Tristan reappeared from mixing Riley's drink, and flicked off the pump pouring Antonio's with a flourish. The flow of beer slowed into nothingness, a perfectly full glass provided without Tristan even looking. Who the hell said that guys couldn't multitask, huh?

He rolled his eyes as his gaze settled on the duo, too busy engaging in what teens apparently thought that kissing was; but that looked to the outside observer like they were eagerly trying to eat each other's faces. Points for enthusiasm, sure; but not so much for style.

"If you guys are hungry," he grunted, speaking mostly to try and grab their attention as he set their drinks down in front of them, "We've got an ample selection of bar snacks."

His grizzled sarcasm didn't seem to register. That in itself deserved a sigh, which escaped him as he racked up the necessary cost fo the boy's bar tab. "Just keep it PG-13, and keep it off the pool table, alright?"

Riley Grace
    Ok then...so this outfit was a *good* idea...

The thought did a few lazy circles at the back of her brain, but fled along with all the other thoughts she entertained having when he kissed her. One hand rested along the back of his neck, the other lay flat on his chest, while Tonio's...well. They did their best to stay on her lower back, but they wandered.

Not that she minded.

Riley smiled, her laugh breathless and very short-lived as he kissed her again. She leaned into him and savored it, only barely hearing the bartender comment behind them. Eventually she pulled back, cheeks flushed with warmth. "Tonio, I don't think that actually counts as talking...not that I'm complaining, mind you."

It was like a switch had been flicked to 'ON', somewhere, as she stared up at him. It made her nagging doubts about complicating their friendship fade further into the back of her mind. Of course, it felt like he was having the same series of thoughts, to some degree, given that his hand had slid from her back to tuck itself into the pocket on the back of her denim miniskirt.

She picked up her mixed drink as Tristan set it down on the bar, and handed Antonio his beer. Riley smiled up at the bartender and had the grace to look a bit sheepish as she spoke. "Thank you. And don't worry...we'll behave ourselves."

Mostly...she thought, nudging Antonio away from the bar and over to one of the lounge areas, where there was a couple of club chairs and a small couch.

It really had not taken long for Tiana to go from accepting his rooming agreement to becoming a party animal right along with him. For some reason, Gunnar had elected not to let Collins know about the night’s upcoming adventure and really, it was for the best. As much as Josiah Collins was one of his best buds, the guy was also wild like untamed horses and horny as rabbits in season. The last thing he needed was for Collins to take a shine to his… er, Tiana. The fact that Gunny was already beginning to feel protective of the girl caused him a small amount of concern. Very small. Microscopic, even.

After Tiana twisted her friend’s ultimately rubber arm via phone, she wasted no time in twisting Gunny’s arm too, for the purposes of a shopping venture. His sprightly new roommate was extremely insistent that a new outfit was required for this. Her body, after all, in the varied different outfits she had tried on was a pleasure to watch. Aside from calling the other applicants back and politely informing them that he had accepted someone, watching her was all he did that afternoon and after seeing what she came up with and paid for, he had nary a complaint in his body to give. That night, it was all a matter of dressing for the occasion (of all things, he seemed to wear the Hawaiian surfer look fairly well, even if his opinions of the clothing style were mostly unfavourable) and calling up a taxi.

When the taxi pulled up, Gunnar was right in there, opening the door and ushering Tiana into the vehicle, his eyes following her every step of the way. It was hard not to look.

“After you…”

To which she gave him a smile that curled him just as much as the purr of her voice had done over the phone. Once she was in, he climbed in, shut the door and directed the driver to where they were off to.

------------

Shortly thereafter, at Bar None...

With the driver paid, Gunny helped Tiana out of the taxicab and arm-in-arm with her, proceeded through check and into the club where, once inside, he surveyed his surroundings with his eyes, checking out the people that were already there, pinning down the service areas for alcohol and the placement of seating.

Tiana, however, quickly zeroed in on something else, tugging on his arm and discreetly pointing at a couple of people: a tall, dark-haired guy who looked at least vaguely familiar to him (had he seen the guy on campus... in one of his courses, maybe?) who was locking lips with a pretty redhead.

That, he guessed, must be...

"Oooh, Riley. Good choice." Tiana said, with a little more than a whisper, almost right into his ear. Then the couple separated and headed off toward a collection of chairs and a couch, at which point his newfound roommate dragged him by the hand through the as-yet moderate crowd.

Antonio heard the bartender's snarky comments, and didn't appreciate them. Riley looked a little embarrassed, and he let her lead him away from the bar and to someplace a little more secluded. Well, as secluded as it could be in a room full of strangers. It was a little quieter in the lounge, and certainly less prying, judgmental eyes to make her feel bad about herself.

They sat, her legs pressed against his as she sipped her drink through it's tiny straw. 'Tonio leaned back on the couch, his arms extended along it's back, studying her features in the dim club lighting. She caught him staring, and he grinned slowly. "Hey, I'm just over here behaving myself."

Riley Grace
    "So now you start listening to me?" Riley arched a brow with a grin, her cheeks flushed from...well, between 'Tonio and the alcohol, who knew which was to blame. Probably both.

It was definitely the alcohol at fault when her wings twitched with discomfort and she decided it would be far better to sit sideways with her legs draped across his lap. Much more comfortable for her wings that way.

And definitely worth it for the look he gave her.

His grin widened as she changed positions, her tiny skirt giving him way too many ideas as she put her legs into his lap. Antonio dropped a hand to her knee, tracing a circle with his thumb as he took another swallow of his beer. "I'm getting mixed signals here, Miss Grace," he teased, his hand sliding a little bit higher to just above her knee.

"To behave, or to misbehave... that is the question." He looked around suddenly, as if they were being spied on. "I wouldn't want to frighten away the locals."

Riley Grace
    Gray eyes watched his hand for several moments as she sipped her drink. Fingers tugged the straw away from her glossy lips as they formed a soft smile that was leaning towards being really quite wicked. The effect he had on her was something she'd have to contemplate when she wasn't busy enjoying said effect.

"If you don't misbehave, how am I supposed to decide if I want to take you home with me or not?" Riley said with as much wide-eyed country innocence as she could muster. The effect was spoiled when the corner of her mouth quirked up just a bit too far, and her free hand reached up to wipe a bit of her gloss from his lower lip.

Glancing around as he did, she laughed and completely ruined the rest of her hick act. "We are being watched, actually...Tiana and Gunnar just came in. We'll likely have company at some point."

"Ahh, Tianahh," 'Tonio followed her eyes to where the dark haired mutant was just visible on the other side of the dance floor. "I was wondering when someone else was going to show up and -" ruin the moment.

"And join the fun," he winked, scooting a little closer to her and patting the couch on the other side, by her feet. "There's room for three. Her boyfriend won't mind, will he?"
    Last edited by Antonio Fernandez; May 15th, 2012 at 08:14:06 PM.

Riley Grace
    Her free hand held the hem of her skirt in place as he shifted closer to her, to free up space on his other side. She shifted slightly and resettled her wings behind her, and noticed that she was now, more or less, sitting in his lap.

A fact she didn't really mind.

Riley glanced over towards where she'd last seen Tiana and saw only the top of Gunnar's blonde head. "Gunnar's her roommate. But I dunno...she only met him this morning. She's not even moved in yet. Would be epically record time for him to 'mind' don't you think?"

"Besides..." she continued, taking a long sip from her drink before tilting her head down to kiss the corner of his mouth. "...I never learned to share in kindergarten."
    Last edited by Riley Grace; May 15th, 2012 at 08:15:36 PM.

"Mmm," he mumbled, kissing her a little awkwardly as she caught him by surprise. "I learned how to share." He brushed her hair out of her eyes and tucked a bit of it behind her ear.

"Not that I like to, mind you, but sometimes a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do." 'Tonio kissed her again, a soft brush of the lips, and thought about just picking her up and absconding with her.

Riley Grace
    She smiled into the kiss, her free hand resting along the back of his neck, fingertips trailing absently along his warm skin. Most of her wanted to suggest leaving right then and there...but there was one lone brain cell left that still functioned. And it decided that leaving before having a chance to hang out with Tiana and Gunnar would simply be too rude.

Clearly, Riley mused, she wasn't tipsy enough yet, so she reluctantly pulled her lips away from 'Tonio's and took another sip of her drink.

Tilting her head, she leaned against him and gently kissed his earlobe. "Well, Tiana's not really my type...but if you're that interested..." she murmured, letting her words trail off as she pulled back and endeavored to look...well, innocent.

Which, considering she was perched in his lap in a miniskirt, was not working at all well.

His hand had worked it's way to her lower back and was dipping to rest on her butt as his other hand remained at her knee. Well, mostly near her knee. Antonio regarded Riley as she leaned back, and let his eyes trail a little lower than her face as his hands tightened on her. Was she suggesting a threesome? He'd been joking, but if she was game...

...of course she was just joking. Wasn't she? Was she? Time for the not-so-secret weapon. He smiled wolfishly. "Usted es una tomadura de pelo terrible." 'Tonio pulled her close for another kiss, her weight in his lap making it hard ...to think.

Riley Grace
    She had a reply, really she did. It was clever, too. Leaned towards cutesy, though, but it was still clever.

But god dammit, she couldn't think when he gave her that look, never mind when he kissed her. It just wasn't fair...oh, who in the HELL was she kidding?

She loved every second of it.

Riley somehow managed to set her drink aside on the table before she kissed him back, her reply fleeing her mind along with whatever other thoughts she'd been having. She pulled back after - how long, she had no idea - but only because she needed to breathe.

Biting her lower lip as she caught her breath, she shifted in Antonio's lap, bracing a hand just above each of his shoulders, on the back of the couch. Trying to not pay too much attention to how far up her skirt was going to end up, Riley straddled his lap. Her hands dropped to his shoulders as she settled herself against him, her wings shifting big enough to grant her at least enough peace of mind to know that she wasn't giving the entire lounge a show.

'Tonio was surprised when he found himself with a lap full of Riley, but he didn't mind. No, no, he didn't mind at all. His hands found her butt, giving it a squeeze as she kissed him. She tasted like cranberries.

After a moment or two he pulled away, brushing her hair out of her eyes with one hand while keeping the other comfortably where it was. "Hey. We should probably slow down a little."

Riley Grace
    Riley smiled and tilted her cheek into his touch as he brushed her hair aside. She lifted one hand from his shoulder and tapped a finger on the tip of his nose.

"Since when are you the voice of reason, hmm? That's usually my job."

"I know, I know," he put a kiss on the tip of her nose. "I don't like it either. It's los pantalones en la cabeza loca."

He looked past her and added, "Looks like Miss Tiana is headed this way finally."
    Last edited by Antonio Fernandez; Feb 28th, 2013 at 04:07:10 PM. Reason: ttt

Tiana Norwich
    Tiana arched a carefully sculpted brow as she gently tugged on Gunnar's arm watching the pair from afar. A tall, fruity drink with an absolutely adorable umbrella was clasped lightly in her free hand. Non-alcoholic, of course, but she was only eighteen after all.

She sipped as they walked, carefully picking their way across the dance floor. "I think Riley's had a couple..." she leaned up to whisper to her companion, pausing to check her reflection in a mirror as they passed through an archway and into the lounge.

The young woman cleared her throat delicately as they drew closer, but Antonio had seen them coming and had nudged Riley. The redhead gracefully got up and turned as she smoothed out her skirt, and Tiana gave her friend a hug. "Hiya hon! Told you we'd make it. Riley, this is Gunnar, my roommate. Gunnar, this is Riley, and that is Antonio."

Well, that did it. One look at Riley Grace and some back corner of his mind perked and started wondering, with the mildest curiosity, if all of his new roommate's friends were this pretty. There was the distinct possibility that such a thing was improbable, but never impossible, and almost just as likely that beauty was at every corner of every friendship Tiana held. A curiosity, nothing more, as he kept his eyes on faces and his smile modest. Additionally, on a last wondering note, he considered whether or not these further new acquaintances were of the same sometimes visible minority as he was, as he now knew Tiana was.

"Pleasure to meet you, Riley." Gunny said, offering a small grin and a quick tip of his head - an altered motion that, if one saw the brief lifting of his free hand, it would tell of what might have been the regular wearing and tipping of a hat. Turning to her companion, he held out his right hand for a shake. "Antonio."

A simple, short, strong handshake, then a parting release, just as fast. Gunnar took a moderate gulp of his beer and and swallowed.

"You look vaguely familiar - I think I've seen you around campus, maybe in a class?"

Antonio stood, shaking Gunnar's hand. "Yeah, I think we had some chem classes together last year. Professor Kim's class maybe?"

He turned to Tiana and swept her up into a friendly bear hug. "Where have you been the last few weeks? You missed a great rally downtown, it was quite an adventure." 'Tonio put her back down on her feet and retrieved his beer, looking at Riley. "Actually, it was pretty scary. Things are getting crazy around here."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12