Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: The Vanguards

Vince has his Stormtrooper Commander as well (whose name escapes me) - is he coming on the mission, or are we saving him for later and just focusing on Falco / Trask as our boots on the ground Imperials?

To expand on the plan slightly -

• As soon as we arrive, the Imperial leaders and Glayde need to compare dicks, and ultimately decide that the guy with Storm Commando training is probably the best qualified to call the shots.
    • Sadie and Tink need to slice into a local computer terminal and call up the "You Are Here" map, so we can work out where we need to go; or at least, what we think looks maybe like where we need to go. It would probably be smart to use that as an opportunity to find the name Ssi-Ruuk somewhere, just so we don't have to write ourselves not knowing what to call the aliens.
    • After that we should probably split the party, so we aren't moving around in a giant amorphous blob like a bunch of tourists:
      • Group A (Glayde, Sadie, Falco) need to head towards the data node / computer core, to download anything useful, and to stumble into a google hangout with Harby the Dinosaur.
      • Group B (LDV + Team, Vek Vek) need to head towards something else important - maybe we detect a cluster of non-lizard biosigns, and they get sent to see what's going on (hence the doc being there?). They're the ones who witness the entechment taking place.
      • Group C (Tink, Ledo, Trask) need to go and find something to blow up; a generator, a drive system, an antimatter tank, etc. Our objective is to find out what's going on, get out, and then make go boom: having a single button that we can push and destroy the ship is probably more dramatic/quick/effective than shooting at the thing again with our space guns.

• After shit hits the fan and we're rumbled, that's when we start evacuating as quickly as possible. Because Tink was there with the demolitions team, the ship is only going to blow up when Cirr orders it... though I imagine Glayde will take the remote so that he's the one who pulls the trigger, to spare anyone else any guilt over it.
    Last edited by John Glayde; Feb 13th, 2014 at 11:47:25 PM.

didn't leave Vince out on purpose, by all means please put Imperial boots on the ground. I don't rightly know who plays who on the bad guy side of things

I like that team layout. Looking forward to having LD and Vek Vek banter

Maybe amend group B's tasks as being, among other things, rescuing Ben Merasska.

But yeah this is a really good outline for the flow of action, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by John Glayde View Post
    Stumble into a google hangout with Harby the Dinosaur.
    We look forward to this little chat. It is time you learned of your future ascendance. Your fear is weakness, we will purge it from you, give you higher purpose. It is inevitable.

Regan Altink
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shreeftut View Post
    We look forward to this little chat. It is time you learned of your future ascendance. Your fear is weakness, we will purge it from you, give you higher purpose. It is inevitable.
    We are nae scared a' ya, y' dumb-arsed dinosaur bastard.

Y' no' anythin' but glowy blue computer-generated --

HOLY SHIT HOW THE HELL IS THERE CONDENSATION ON THE FUCKING WINDOW??? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    I like that team layout. Looking forward to having LD and Vek Vek banter
    I think I've discovered why Vek Vek dies.

"someone win / someone lose / up's above and down's below
    and limbo's in between / up you win, down you lose / it's anybody's game

Quote Originally Posted by Regan Altink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shreeftut View Post
    We are nae scared a' ya, y' dumb-arsed dinosaur bastard.

Y' no' anythin' but glowy blue computer-generated --

HOLY SHIT HOW THE HELL IS THERE CONDENSATION ON THE FUCKING WINDOW??? D:
    Come back to bed, Regan. There's... things... I want to do.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Stormtrooper Commander's name is Valentin Adras, and Onashi's going to be with the big frickin' diversion right? I'm asking because he and MARCUS need to have a "human" moment.

They're actually going to be in the covert team with Glayde and Sadie, but yes they'll be together in the suicide mission.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Can we get the teams written out again, with Vince's characters this time, for the current mission to the derelict ship? All this "covert mission" "suicide mission" "mission mission" is making me really confused, sorry.

oh what a tangled web I weave

The only difference to the teams already listed is that Vince's Stormtrooper commander will be on one of them - probably the "blow shit up" team, because that's where the other Stormtrooper (Trask) is. The "Suicide Mission" is the very end of the story: people are just planning / discussing ahead.

Your part of the story hasn't changed at all, so nothing to get confused/worried about.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Just a heads up - I'm aware that I'm up next in this, and I'm working on it, but my illness is making things a little difficult to get anything done this week. Please bear with me, and cross your fingers that I manage to get something finished by the weekend.

Edit:

Reply is up! Over to you, Vince.
    Last edited by John Glayde; Feb 20th, 2014 at 06:44:47 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I need to catch up on this. O_O

TheHolo.Net Poster

The namana berries taste like namana berries!

AKA
    Holly
    Am I wrong in assuming the imps were going to post next?

and if you go, furious angels will bring you back to me

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A larrrge penjisss jisss alwajysss welcome!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    Bothawui, or one of her many villas in the Carshoulis Cluster
    They are. Waiting on Vince wherever he might be :-)

edit: oops he snuck a post in so I think I'm up! I'll post tonight!

Are you wanting to sneak in a Falco post before I reply as Glayde, Charley?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567