Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe and Sound

Anna nodded. "Si, a name full of meaning. I hope it fits her. Eva..." she lightly rubbed her stomach, feeling the flutter of life inside her as Eva kicked against her hand.

The nurse came back into the room, undoing sensors and monitors, and carefully removing Anna's IV line. "It'll just be a moment dear, I'll be back in with those discharge papers if you'd like to get dressed."

Anna was glad when she was gone. "No puedo esperar a llegar a casa otra vez," she said. "I cannot wait to go home. But..." she struggled into a sitting position and started to swing her legs out from under the suddenly tangled sheet. She blushed, and pointed across the room to a table where her clothes were folded neatly. "Can you...?"

ice, ice, baby

Tycho Auriville
    At first, Tycho thought Anna was pointing to the painting on the wall, a mildly hideous pink-and-green print of... some kind of flower. At least, it looked like a flower. Sort of. Or maybe an explosion, although that was a weird choice for a hospital room.

"You want me to take it down... ?" Tycho's brows knit together as he twisted to look at Anna, following the line of her finger again, "oh! Oh, yeah, of course."

Scooping up her clothes, he grinned and passed them over. "Sure you don't want to wear the gown out? It's a good look. You might even start a trend."

A comfortably awkward silence passed and then Ty realized that he was still standing there, hands in the pockets of his dusty jeans, and that privacy had probably been spelled out somewhere in that pretty blush that blossomed across Anna's cheeks.

"Right, so, uh, I'll just," Ty cleared his throat and tipped his head toward the door before shuffling out into the hall. "Just give a shout when you're done or if you need any help."

Any help? With what, her pants? The shaggy-haired mutant cringed inwardly and gouged at his eyes with blunt-edged fingers.

She chuckled as Tycho ducked out of the room, and struggled into her pants that Tess had been thoughtful enough to send over with Jake when he'd followed the ambulance to the hospital. The elastic belly band was low enough it didn't bother her bandages, but she had to wiggle a bit to get the jeans on comfortably.

All she had left was her shirt. And removing the hospital gown. Anna struggled with the ties in the back, and then padded over to the door. She opened it, still slightly flushed, and got Tycho's immediate attention. "Ah, I cannot get the stupid knots." She gestured to the back of the gown, and walked backwards into the room. "Can you help?"
    Last edited by Anna Fernandez; May 7th, 2012 at 03:09:24 PM. Reason: ttt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12