TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Season Finale:

[I can't believe that opening 20 minutes. Just incredible. What a move by Cersei - she finally grabs the power she's been trying to get her whole life, but AT WHAT COST. This is definitely her downfall. Poor Tommen.

Confirmation of Jon's parentage (at least half of it, thanks to playing coy with the whispering) at last! Dany sets sail, looking for a husband! Benjen confirms the Wall keeps out the White Walkers with magic! Dorne and the Queen of Thorns - worth it just for her sniping at all the dumb Sand Snakes!

That look that Jamie gives newly crowned Cersei at the end...after she did what he killed the Mad King for attempting. I need next season now. NOW.

AND THE KING IN THE NORTH AAAA Lyanna Mormont is my favorite. That look Littlefinger had - when Sansa wasn't in charge like he'd planned...and he finally laid out his great ambition to her, which we all knew but he never said out loud... Somehow I still want Littlefinger to come out on top. Not to sit on the throne, but to survive the show.

Also I predict next season ends with the Wall falling.]

oh what a tangled web I weave

I spent the week getting caught up on Game of Thrones, so I'm finally in sync with the rest of the world again.

[Kinda interesting the way they gave us our epic battle climax last week, and our epic story climax for the finale. We're kinda at this point where everything is finally coming together. I love the way that Jon's story, Sansa's story, Bran's story, and Stannis' story have all culminated as Jon Starkgaryen, King in the North; and the way that Dorne and the Tyrells and the Ironborn have all converged into Team Danerys. There's a lot of symmetry between Aunt Danerys and her nephew Jon too - freeing the slaves and fighting the oppressive Masters, versus bringing equality for the Free Folk and fighting the oppressive Boltons.

And Cersei? I love the way that the story Tyrion told Danerys about the Mad King and his wildfire paid off with Cersei basically becoming a Disney villainess. The Mad Queen, I guess? With the Starks on Team Jon, and with Dorne and the Tyrells on Team Danerys, pretty much everyone is galvanised by some sort of personal hate towards Cersei for the evil that she's responsible for. It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Jamie next season... because (like Holly said) Cersei just did the thing that Jamie became the Kingslayer to prevent, and as a result of that their last remaining child is dead. Is it too late for him to be anything other than the Vader to Cersei's Palpatine, or will Tyrion or Brienne manage to appeal to his better nature and draw him over to one of the other sides?

Also, all this talk of Danerys needing to keep herself available for some sort of political marriage... interesting that was in there. Just a reason to make Daario stay in Essos, or is there going to be a political marriage on the cards? If so... who is left to marry? Jamie, if he leaves the Kings Guard? Jon, to bring an alliance between North and East, without realising who he is yet? Bran, so that he can mind control some dragons? Maybe Littlefinger, as a kind of "Sansa broke my heart" power grab betrayal?]

Oh, and also? [Lyanna Mormont. Seven blessings you, you adorable little badass.]
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    For the past few season's I've been thinking, "Oh Come ON! Get on with it already!"

Kinda glad now for the wait. Very nice story telling, very nice indeed.

Quick question for those who have read all the books. Are we past them all now? Or are there still things in the books that may/most likely will show up in the show?

I read several then stopped as I realized they were going different paths and didn't want to preload myself with any ideas.

[ testing this because I just noticed something ]
    Last edited by Mu Satach; Jun 27th, 2016 at 06:17:21 PM.

"I think of my body as a side effect of my mind." - Carrie Fisher

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Definitely love how this season finale went. Glad certain people were taken care of and by the ones that did it. lol

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Alright, I think I got it.

[ While rewatching the fleet taking off from slavers bay towards westeros I've been admiring the sails.
    Black, Green, Gold.
    Targaryen, Tyrell, Martell.

Then as I watched the dragons fly by
    Black, Green, Gold.

From the GOT wikia:
    Drogon, black with red markings.
    Rhaegal, green with bronze markings.
    Viserion, creamy white, with gold markings.

I've already thought about the Greyjoy's. I don't believe the Iron Islands have ever been a part of the 7 kingdoms. But I could be wrong. Or since there color is black it fits anyway.]

Anyway, something to think about. \
    Plus one of the most bad ass ways to end a seaon. Not since Gus visited the old man in the nursing home in Breaking Bad have I been this excited to see what's coming next.
    Last edited by Mu Satach; Jun 27th, 2016 at 07:00:47 PM. Reason: Can't stop gushing and don't feel like posting tons of posts

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    The Iron Islands were not one of the original Seven Kingdoms.

The North
    The Stormlands
    Dorne (last to be conquered and most independent)
    The Reach
    The Isles and Rivers (ruled from Harrenhall, was split into the Iron Islands [Greyjoys] and the Riverlands [Tullys])
    The Vale
    The Rock (Casterly Rock)

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    One thing that really made me happy is that we got our [ Frey Pies confirmed. Not served by Manderlay to Lord Bolton but by Arya makes me equally happy]

Several book things that I am still waiting for to happen are super natural stuff and crazy fan theories becoming true. WARNING HARDCORE SPOILERS!

[-Lady Stoneheart is still a no show
    -The two horns have not appeared yet: The horn of winter and the dragon horn
    -Euron has not revealed himself as a guy who knows the dark arts
    -Damphair has not abandoned Euron's camp yet
    -Samwell is finally at the Citadel or as I call it Westerosi Hogwarts since a lot of hints GRRM has put into the book version of this is that he stumbles into a huge Maester conspiracy as Harry Potter, Jaquen Hagar is his Ron and the final missing Sandsnake is his Hermione
    ]

:: bump ::

So yeah, the series is now over. Thoughts?

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415