Thread: NFL Pick 'em 2011: Week 20 - CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

Sports NFL Pick 'em 2011: Week 20 - CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

And then there were four.

Sunday, Jan 22

BAL @ NE

NY @ SF

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Sunday, Jan 22
    BAL @ NE (W)

NY @ SF (W)

I definitly want to see the Niners advance to the SB, but I'll be tickled pink if BAL manages to get in against them. <!-- / message -->

Kyran O'Hurn
    NE
    SF

Got to go with my Niners, and I'll be extremely happy if we end up with what I've seen termed as the SUPERBAUGH.

I prefer to see two teams who haven't met this year and would prefer it not to be a rematch of a past superbowl so
    NE
    SF
    I think both home teams will win and that should be a great matchup.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Sunday, Jan 22[/B]
    BAL @ NE (W)

NY @ SF (W)

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Bal @ Ne (w)

Ny @ Sf (w)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Niners

Ravens

The Harbaugh Bowl is coming!

Sunday, Jan 22
    BAL @ NE WIN

NY @ SF WIN

So, on Wednesday, Joe Biden made an appearance at a political fundraiser in San Francisco, where he enthusiastically told the crowd that the Giants are on their way to the Super Bowl.

Well, who am I to contradict Joe? Let's see a rematch of the most lopsided Super Bowl in the 2000s!

Sunday, Jan 22
    BAL WIN @ NE

NYG WIN @ SF

First has two road teams every won in the Championship games? I personally can't remember that ever happening. I think one home team will win for sure, but which one is the question mark. And oh the Giants probably wish Biden hasn't said that because he probably just cursed their chances

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

NE
    SF

This is only to meet the 10 character thing so the site doesn't think I'm a bot or spamming.

jjwr
    Going with the home teams again.

Pats vs 49ers in the Superbowl. Brady vs his boyhood team and Montana.

Don't underestimate the Pats pushing for history, there is a good chance that with the win here and in the SB Belechick/Brady will go down as the best Coach/QB combo other and both have a great argument for best ever at their position.

That being said neither of these games are gimme's and can easiliy see any of the 4 possible matchups happening which should make for a fun day of football.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    I think it'll be NE and NYG

Ich bin ein Baltimorer.

That may or may not mean "I am a crabcake." However, unlike some Steelers fans, I will root for the Ravens over the Patriots any day if a Ravens victory wouldn't directly hurt the Steelers. Let's go Flacco and Ray Lewis! Strike a blow for defense in the AFC!

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Pats win :P

And they did a fantastic job of watching Cundiff shank that kick! :P

Actually, that was a great game, and Vince Wilfork had a fantastic game to restore some of New England's defensive dignity. But what a heartbreaking way to lose, especially after Lee Evans had the game-winning TD in his hands two plays earlier only to have it knocked away.

I'll certainly be cheering for the NFC in the Super Bowl this year.

EDIT: Giants fans are well-represented in San Francisco today, judging from all the chants of "CRUUUUUUZ!"
    Last edited by Dragon; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 06:27:42 PM.

Well I am biased towards the Pats, but I could never root for the Giants. I just despise all NY teams and also would think it would be an embarrassment if a team with 7 loses win the SB.

Well..crap.

But here's my philosophical take on it all. We Niners fans went through some really shitty years after the glory days of Montana and Young, so despite this loss tonight (on a lousy muffed punt return ), I'm still really pleased with how this season went. Completely unexpected. And in all honesty, I was actually surprised that they beat the Saints last week, so getting to the championship game was icing on the cake. They will be a force to be reckoned with again next year. And Jim Harbaugh is definitely the coach of the year.

Although the Giants knocked the Niners out, I'll be rooting for them in the Super Bowl because I fart in the Patriots' general direction.

The Niners need some WR. Their current crop suck (and I am excluding Davis since he is great).

Vernon Davis is a beast, and he played out of his mind in these last two games. If Alex smith had anyone else who could pressure opposing defenses down the field, the 49ers offense would be properly intimidating. I don't know what the deal is with Michael Crabtree. He played like a man among boys in college, and I was sure he'd transition beautifully to the NFL, but he's been entirely ordinary, as if he hit his peak at Texas Tech and hasn't progressed since. I guess Wes Welker will have to continue carrying the Red Raider banner in the NFL.

(At least, until Baron Batch is healthy next year for the Steelers!)

Week 20 Tally

Aurelias Kazaar: 2-0
    Dragon: 1-1
    Jedi Master Carr: 1-1
    jjwr: 1-1
    Kyran O'Hurn: 1-1
    Miranda Tarkin: 1-1
    Morgan Evanar: 1-1
    Nathanial K'cansce: 1-1
    Park Kraken: 1-1
    Rutabaga: 1-1
    Lilaena De'Ville: 0-2

Total Tally

1. jjwr: 183-83

2. Kyran O'Hurn: 178-88
    3. Rutabaga: 174-92
    4. Yog: 172-94
    5. Dragon: 171-95
    5. Miranda Tarkin: 171-95
    7. Figrin D'an: 170-96
    7. Morgan Evanar: 170-96
    7. Jedi Master Carr: 170-96
    10. Park Kraken: 169-97
    11. Nathanial K'cansce: 166-100
    12. Ryan Pode: 165-101
    13. Aurelias Kazaar: 162-104

I'm going to wait before putting up the Super Bowl thread, since first we have to suffer two weeks of more Patriots and Giants coverage than anyone can endure, and that includes Patriots and Giants fans. Congratulations to both teams, though - that was a pair of excellent championship games. The Super Bowl is going to have to be a great one to measure up.