Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic

(As pointed out by Crusdader, our original SWTOR thread had gotten kind of big... so here's episode II!)

We're now less than a month away from the release of SWTOR.

For posters who managed to access the beta this past weekend, have you decided which character class you'll be rolling as your first character?

A Chiss Imperial Agent, followed swiftly by a Human Republic Trooper. I really can't pick between the two in terms of which I enjoyed more.

I've worked out all of the alts I'm going to have though, so I may roll them all straight away just to make sure no one else steals the names I want...

(And yes, I have been toying with the idea of doing a thread with all the characters I tested in Beta. So what? Don't judge me. Shut up. )
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    It was kind of inevitable that we'd end up doing some RPing as our SWTOR characters, I think

I will start off with two characters, Bounty Hunter and Jedi Knight. I want to experience both light and dark side storylines.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    I will start off with two characters, Bounty Hunter and Jedi Knight. I want to experience both light and dark side storylines.
    Each class has vastly different stories for the first ten levels. Not so sure about after that. I'm going to play ever class to 10 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Evanar View Post
    Each class has vastly different stories for the first ten levels. Not so sure about after that. I'm going to play ever class to 10 for sure.
    Same here. Was really impressed by just how different the starting stories were, even when they took place on the same planet.

Question for the group:

Did you pick the class(es) you want to play long term during beta, and were they what you expected? Is there anything you did / any choices you made that you think you'd do differently when the game goes live, or are you likely to play the live game in the same way you played beta?

For me, having spent time getting familiar with the voice actors is definately going to have an impact on the conversation choices I make - the Imperial Agent is very posh and British, for example. I'll also be rolling him as either a Chiss or a Rattataki: despite being on Hutta (where both of the Chiss classes start out) I didn't encounter a single one all weekend.

I'm just not sure if the blue skin will clash with the green armour I want to reaquire or not.
    Last edited by Captain Untouchable; Nov 29th, 2011 at 02:30:16 PM.

Katrin Laran
    Definitely going to be rolling a Human Sith Inquisitor (Karl Valten ) and then probably a Mirialan or Cyborg Republic Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post

Question for the group:

Did you pick the class(es) you want to play long term during beta, and were they what you expected? Is there anything you did / any choices you made that you think you'd do differently when the game goes live, or are you likely to play the live game in the same way you played beta?
    Yes I did, but it played completely different than expected. I was caught off guard by the variety of battlefield roles available....including tanking, DPS, and healing.

Probably going to think out my spec trees a lot more as I really had no idea which route I was going to go. Tanking as an assassin just seems so amusing now.

For me, having spent time getting familiar with the voice actors is definately going to have an impact on the conversation choices I make - the Imperial Agent is very posh and British, for example. I'll also be rolling him as either a Chiss or a Rattataki: despite being on Hutta (where both of the Chiss classes start out) I didn't encounter a single one all weekend.
    I wasn't really a fan of the male Sith Inquisitor voice-acting. He sounded much more blunt and arrogant than coniving and secretive.

And the female Republic Trooper totally gives me the femeshep vibes which I am digging a ton.

And I was totally right! Jennifer Hale is the voice for both the female Republic Trooper and Satele Shan!!

Also, the male Jedi Knight is voiced by David Hayter - aka Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Class stories have three chapters and a prologue (which doesn't end until you leave your first planet, if I remember correctly) and are entirely independent of each other, for example, I got to level 22 and was still only on chapter one of my Bounty Hunter's story. While world story arcs and minor story arcs intertwine, your class story is your story throughout the entire levelling process, and it should get you to level 50 in the end.

As for me, I'm going to be all over the Powertech Bounty Hunter, but of what I played of the Sith Warrior story I really enjoyed.

Just found out that Claudia Black is the voice of the female Sith Warrior!

I'm seriously considering giving some of my characters a sex change.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    ^^So you want to play male characters as well? :P

You wouldn't be the first G.I.R.L. (guy in real life) on SW:TOR

I am still undecided on whether I should go with the Sith Agent, the Bounty Hunter or the Sith Inquisitor. Although I did not want to play a Force User this kind of character becomes more and more intresting to me from a story telling point of view.

I have no problem playing female characters in general - my Smuggler is/was/will be a badass Mirialan chick.

Unfortunately, the Republic Trooper and the Sith Warrior are the two that I'd consider switching for the voice... and they're the two that I have the most fully-formed character ideas for.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I have no problem playing female characters in general - my Smuggler is/was/will be a badass Mirialan chick.

Unfortunately, the Republic Trooper and the Sith Warrior are the two that I'd consider switching for the voice... and they're the two that I have the most fully-formed character ideas for.
    You get way too attached to stuff, man. It's just a video game, you can always do something different with a new character later.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'm sticking with my initial choice of Sith Inquisitor for my main. I'll probably role a Republic character too, but I'm not decided on the class yet. The only class I'm not interested in at this time is the Trooper, which is a shame when Jennifer Hale is voicing the female Troopers Then again, maybe I can recreate FemShep in SWTOR...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

Also, the male Jedi Knight is voiced by David Hayter - aka Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series.
    Thats one gender/class combo I won't be playing. I don't hate David Hayter. Quite the opposite. I love his voice acting as Snake, which is why I won't play a male Jedi Knight. For me, that voice belongs to one character and one character only.

I'm the same as Droo, I'll be playing a Powertech Bounty Hunter. I like the idea of screwing over as many associates as possible. In the Beta there was a point where I had to make a decision that affected the relationship between my character and his companion, Mako. I opted to play it safe and go for the choice that gave me brownie points with her, but in retrospect I think I'll go the opposite way when the game is released - it meant more credits and if I'm going to play my vision of a Bounty Hunter I need to be ruthless and not worry about who I upset.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    If you follow the SWTOR official Facebook page, you might have noticed that they are currently sharing music tracks from the game. The first one just went up today and is called The Mandalorian Blockade:

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Our next music track, some spooky/atmospheric music from Korriban

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Todays track, Yesterday's Jawa! This is a totally different style of music to the previous two. Did anyone hear this one in game?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Two more tunes!

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Hey guys guess who is registered and ready to go?

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast