Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolfpack involvement with G. Dan Thrule investigation

A little more than a pin prick. After all this is the same test that Qui Gon gives Anakin in TPM. Its like testing your blood sugar, only... midichlorians.

The equipment is from before the Clone Wars, of course, at least Serena's was, but if the Alliance reverse engineered any from what she gave them then they could be slightly different or more modern.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Ok I know it's like months ago, but is there the possibility that the Wolfpack is still up for doing this? If not other plans need to be made

oh what a tangled web I weave

Kyran O'Hurn
    Uh.... Not sure... it was really just me and Hera, and both of us have obviously MIA to some extent.

I'm contemplating trying to get back into writing, but I haven't seen Hera around in months.

I have no problems re-working the story a bit to say that her character was temporarily assigned duty someplace else, and thus not with the team.

Let me re-read all those PMs and stuff and try and put my head back in this universe where I haven't been in almost a year...

Kyran O'Hurn
    Okay, I think I have my head back around what I proposed.

Anyway I'm up for it if you want to bounce some ideas around.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Well, whatever you had planned is probably fine! Doing it in public will probably be the best idea as he can't Sith-out and attack you for it. Paper cut, perhaps?

if you need another person on your team, just let me know. LD is outs she's got another part to play, and Jane Starborn would just tip him off right away if she showed up, due to her prior involvement.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sssmoke me a kjipperrr, jI'll be back forrr brrreakfassst!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    Here's something for y'all since my opinion was asked.

First: Keep in mind that while Dan is an unbelievably powerful Dark Lord, he's also bound by the rules of his situation, which basically don't let him use those powers in a public setting when he's disguised. He can't exactly throw you across the room, belt you with lightning, or cleave you with a saber. It would give him away. If you use this to determine how you approach him, it will make your job a lot easier.

Second: He's a public figure. He has business on the Fourth Fleet, but also frequently on Dac and Bothauwi and other locations. While he'll have guards, he'd never have the sort of grandiose paranoia squad the Emperor had because that would be absurd in the Alliance.

Basically, he's assuming that nobody's gonna get that suspicious in the first place. Of course by now he's starting to realize the balance may be shifting.

Kyran O'Hurn
    well the original idea I proposed wasn't going after Dan as much as it was going after one of his inner circle of commanders.

The idea was more to focus on the coup/revolt/turn against the alliance.

At least that's what I originally proposed, so really Ky's team wouldn't have any interaction with Dan directly, so it wouldn't really matter.

At least that's what the original idea was...

Hollie, not sure what you mean by paper-cut, may just be something going over my head.

In terms of other people, just need to figure out how Jane knows about the Wolfpack, and then would need someone to NPC a Captain or Admiral that Ky's team kidnaps from Dan's forces (however that's decided to be done). After that, if someone wants to come on board as a member of the Wolfpack they are more then welcome, otherwise I can just NPC them.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What I meant was that in order to prove that Dan is a Sith we need a blood sample straight from the source to test. I thought that was what you were going to do but maybe I'm wrong?

Kyran O'Hurn
    Oh right... apparently totally missed that part of the thread when I re-read it...

I think it should be one or the other. I guess the question is... What answers would Jane be asking for... would she want intel on his intentions, or would she rather want to try and figure out if Dan is a force user?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

We have to, first and foremost, determine if he's a Sith or not. The blood test is the simplest way to see if he's a Force user. Intentions are secondary, but finding out that would be nice

Kyran O'Hurn
    Okay. Give me some a day or two to come up with an idea. I kind of remember one idea that was tossed around (I think between Hera and I), but it was somewhat elaborate have to figure out if it would still work.

Kyran O'Hurn
    I haven't forgotten about this, but been tied up with my last few projects.

Here's what I have so far in my head in terms of an overarching story.

Dan is on planet X (could be Dac or Bothauwi), at some point there is an attack by what outwardly looks like a Imperial hit squad (or local group if it's a planet with turmoil). Attack could be a bombing of a building, an attack on Dan's motorcade, whatever.

But of course it's a cover to ensure that Dan is caught in it and needs medical treatment. Members of Wolfpack disguised as medics arrive at the scene to treat the wounded, including Dan, at which time they get a sample of his blood.

I know it's a little vague, but wanted to leave the fine details open for other opinions. Also, I was wondering about having 2 teams, maybe with Phoenix Cell acting as the attackers while Wolfpack handles the clean up, but wasn't sure from a logistical standpoint both IC and OOC if that worked.

Feel free to comment, make suggestions or point out flaws. I'm not 100% on where the Dan story is going so there might be something I missed or need to add that I didn't remember.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sssmoke me a kjipperrr, jI'll be back forrr brrreakfassst!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    This rules. I am down 100% because false flag shit is great.

Kyran O'Hurn
    Okay now that I'm home and sort of got my life organized I'd like to try and get moving on this.

I'm fairly oblivious to who's who in a lot of cases, so who would I talk to about PC involvement?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Charley plays Dan, Christin plays s'Ilancy, I'd talk to either or both.

Oh and I play Jane Starborn.

Kyran O'Hurn
    Who plays one of the characters in Pheonix Cell? Want to see if they want to be a part of it, or if it'll just be the Wolfpack as the only team involved.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Charley plays Eluna, one of the (the only one?) Phoenix Cell characters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12