Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An X-Men based setting with no X-Men!?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I was thinking of Tradeskill as two people

A run in with the Brotherhood could be fun. Or a Danger Room run in with the Brotherhood, to play it safe :P

The Silver Fox! Anderson Cooper is so dreamy.

ice, ice, baby

Dahlia Ericsson
    Oh, the real Brotherhood would be soooo much more fun....

After talking with Dee, I would like to throw two characters into the ring. The first one (Tom Harriman) I still need to hash out some details on.

The other is Hurucan, who has superspeed and electrokinesis, is a homicidal psychopath, and is also a surprisingly articulate Brit. If you require a villain - particularly if it's a villain you want to be able to capture and lock away Magneto / Sylar style, he's utterly at your service.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Hurucan and Surge have very similar powers

Flux
    Okay! I have a delightful three-point list of responses.

1: Part of the reason I set up Tradeskill as two people was so I could play in the field, but also take up the Mission Control role if no one had interest in playing their character in such a manner. For instance, the sister goes out with the team as Tradeskill and the brother stays home with the headset and mainframe and directs traffic, so to speak. Therefore, I'm counting them as 1 person for the in-field team.

2: Regarding Tom and Hurucan, I personally would rather we had Tom over Hurucan as a team member. Yes, this team is shaping up to be "rough-edged", but having a psychopath on the team might push that a little further than what's needed. Of course, this could change later on.

3: As for fighting the Brotherhood, even if we ran a Danger Room scenario against a dummy Brotherhood, I see no reason that actual Brotherhood members couldn't post to the thread as our AI-controlled opponents.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    1. That should work pretty well!

2. I think Cap was pitching Hurucan as a potential villain for us to go up against, rather than a team member.

3. Very true.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix Fletcher View Post
    1: Part of the reason I set up Tradeskill as two people was so I could play in the field, but also take up the Mission Control role if no one had interest in playing their character in such a manner. For instance, the sister goes out with the team as Tradeskill and the brother stays home with the headset and mainframe and directs traffic, so to speak. Therefore, I'm counting them as 1 person for the in-field team.
    Okay, this might be coming out of nowhere but I wonder if I can suggest Jim to play a similar behind-the-scenes part in this? I'm planning a few leaps and bounds for this character and I think he'd be a great in a Hank McCoy kind of role. I understand that you guys don't want to start off with lots of people right away, and that's fine, because Jim can always be recruited later but at least the option is there for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Hurucan and Surge have very similar powers
    I've tweaked Hurucan's power set slightly, so it's "teleportation" rather than superspeed: it fits better with the revamped way I want to play him.

Also, he can't generate electricity: he has to drain it from other sources, and hold the charge in his body (he needs to charge up in order to teleport, too). Tried to tweak it so he has the potential to be an anti-Surge, as it were.

And yeah, I was pitching him as a villain. In fact: I don't know how it would fit in with the plans for the X-dudes, but I really like the idea of him having a few run-ins with the team, and then eventually becoming captured down the line, and put in some sort of "plastic prison" like Magneto was (to stop him gaining a charge). He's an incredibly smart and insightful person, but he's completely unhinged: he might be able to offer insights into certain mutants (if needed), though of course he'll try and screw with people's minds at the same time.

Kinda as if he were Athena in Battlestar during Season 2 - stuck in the cell, only (very rarely) spoken to when he's needed / when someone wants to know something, etc.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I like that... he's a threat, but we keep him locked up somewhere because he could be useful to us. I'm imagining a more dangerous version of Walter, from Fringe I could see there being a fun dynamic between him and Surge, actually.

In that case... get your backside on AIM for scheming, woman!

Flux
    Quote Originally Posted by Droo View Post
    Okay, this might be coming out of nowhere but I wonder if I can suggest Jim to play a similar behind-the-scenes part in this? I'm planning a few leaps and bounds for this character and I think he'd be a great in a Hank McCoy kind of role. I understand that you guys don't want to start off with lots of people right away, and that's fine, because Jim can always be recruited later but at least the option is there for you guys.
    The super-speed kid from the House, yes? AUGH I HAVE SO MUCH CATCHING UP TO DO

Quote Originally Posted by Hurucan View Post

And yeah, I was pitching him as a villain. In fact: I don't know how it would fit in with the plans for the X-dudes, but I really like the idea of him having a few run-ins with the team, and then eventually becoming captured down the line, and put in some sort of "plastic prison" like Magneto was (to stop him gaining a charge). He's an incredibly smart and insightful person, but he's completely unhinged: he might be able to offer insights into certain mutants (if needed), though of course he'll try and screw with people's minds at the same time.

Kinda as if he were Athena in Battlestar during Season 2 - stuck in the cell, only (very rarely) spoken to when he's needed / when someone wants to know something, etc.
    I AM THE SETTING'S PLASTIC PRISON OCCUPANT However, I see no reason why our X-Force (can't help thinking of them as such) couldn't hijack Jericho's design for Hurucan. Also, totally digging the bolded part.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Maybe another time, eh?

Tradeskill
    Back from the wiki! If Jim weren't so young, I'd say let's bring him in as our Hank now, but I can't think of how we'd involve him so soon. But yes, I think having a Hank McCoy is a brilliant idea.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I think it would make more sense for us to pick him up along the way, as it were.

Walter Harriman
    Quote Originally Posted by Droo View Post
    What do you mean by a Hank McCoy role? Are you meaning the biochemistry / genetics / scientist angle? The intelligent and articulate / Kelsey Grammar angle? Political activist angle?

I've been out of the loop a while, so the answer could be very obvious: I'm just not that familiar with characters anymore.

Tradeskill
    Ok, well, I was getting antsy and started this, just to set up some background on Tradeskill. The rest of you X-Peoples are welcome to use it for the same, though I'm thinking we probably ought not to meet 'til we're all "on the clock".

Flux
    Ok, so. We have Shimmer and Surge and Tradeskill on the team. Do we have Jacinda and Carlos? If Jacinda, is she our money backing or do we need Mirror? Or is Shimmer our money person? Or do we need a MYSTERY BOSS to fill the spot til we decide? Or do we "just have it"? I want to get these last few details ironed out so we can start X-Force for serious.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Tom Harriman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix Fletcher View Post
    Ok, so. We have Shimmer and Surge and Tradeskill on the team.
    And Orion, by the end of one of the threads I have in-progress.

Flux
    Did not know that. Which thread?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast