Thread: How are things?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo

How are things?

To be brief, I haven't roleplayed since September and back then I remember a lot was up in the air, particularly with regards to the Serena rescue. What I'm curious about is, first and foremost, the fallout from that story - if indeed there has been any, and also, the general state of things with the Wheel itself and its inhabitants.

Maybe it is something for us all to consider. Surely, the Serena rescue would've had hefty implications for the Jedi, and the Rebellion's mission to protect them, but have any such aftershocks as of yet been felt? Or is everything pretty much as it was? I just wanted to double check on this before I write something that makes no sense.

Also, from a spectator's perspective, it seems things have been quiet around here lately, or at least quieter. Perhaps a soft recap on what folks have been up to could be in order? Then again, that could just be the lazy me speaking.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I'm not entirely certain on the aftershocks of the Serena rescue, but I do know that the entire month of December was something of a slug month, since most of us were busy with holiday stuff Things are starting to slowly pick back up now that we're getting back into the swing of regular life

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

I too am in need of a Serena rescue update.

I can update you on the Toxic Six storyline as that is beginning to move forward again. We know what the circle of infiltrator's main target is now - which is to upset the talks between the Mrlssi and Alliance and also to assassinate Mon Razien as a means to that upset. We do not know the identities of the toxic bunch yet, but it has become clear that some are placed very high in the Rebellion leadership. We are doing a small 'review thread' in main roleplaying called "Toxitcity - Reporting In" but haven't gotten very far in that yet.

As for the Wheel, I think that is trucking along as was, nothing much doing there really. No big events taking place...is there?

Edit: An Update on my Alliance Characters for you:

**Harlequin and Barton Henning are travelling from the Wheel to Haruun Kal to deliver innoculations against an outbreak of fever that threatens the population there. Their mission is a dual purpose of the saving the inhabitants from decimation from the sickness as well as to circumvent a civil war between the two factions there, who suspect the fever is a deliberately contrived outbreak from one side against another.

**Henry McDonnaught is wrangling to get himself involved in more exciting duty than Wheel watching with Jedi Master s'Ilancy. He is also hoping for her to fall head over heels for him, despite being married to that old General dude.
    Last edited by Estelle Russard; Jan 15th, 2011 at 05:29:22 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I don't think we have really begun to see the after-effects of the Serena rescue, which is a shape because something like that could have been a game-changer in terms of the Empire/Rebel conflict.

From a personal perspective, I haven't seem much change on the Wheel, but like s'Il says that could be because the last month or so has been slow due to RL. Now would be as good a time as any to hash out some changes, if we wanted some, though

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

Where and what is Serena doing now?

Drin Kizael
    In September we were in the middle of 3 Rescue from Coruscant threads, two of which centered on the Jedi and looked like they might be going somewhere. But both of them stopped dead. I forget what was happening in thread II. In thread III the Jedi were at the gates of the prison. I wrote Drin running interference against Imp reinforcements to buy the Jedi time.

Then ... crickets.

A couple months later Serena appeared on the Wheel.

This thread is the first anyone's talked about what exactly that means.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Where is the thread of Serena's arrival at the Wheel? (please forgive my ignorance)
    That might be a good place to start speculating from..?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I believe it's called Wheels within Wheels.

I had Serena appear on the Wheel and be rescued because everyone walked away from her rescue thread/s and she was stuck in limbo. Again.

Right now she's with Morgan in New Shoes (RPing forum) buying a new ship.

edit: Also Charley was going to do a thread where everyone meets up directly after the Rescue, where Plot Things were going to happen, but he never did that either.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Wait a minute, when did this turn into the blame game? Pointing fingers isn't productive. All I asked for was a quick recap and perhaps a chance to discuss the potential tone and direction of things within the Wheel in the wake of the albeit-unfinished Serena rescue threads.

Sorry wasn't trying to turn things ugly, I just meant that Charley had been planning an 'aftermath' sort of thread, and I'm not sure of the details of what he had planned.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

Acacius Blade
    It's all your fault, the lot of you!

In all seriousness, I can't point any fingers. My presence here is very inconsistent. When things lose momentum, I lose interest. I admit that. But I love to write, and I adore Acacius, in some ways more than Garrett since he's a more accessible loon. I really want to be a more active roleplayer and member of 'Fans.

It's usually Droo who draws me back - and naturally so since we speak in-person. He's been talking about the mutant scene which makes me want to roleplay as Uncanny again. I know that I've got a long-overdue post as Batman for Holly in the DC scene, which I'll get onto ASAP (sorry for the delay Holly). I can't even say my engagement and the party plans have affected me since I was inactive before then. But I'd like that to change very quickly.

I'll take all the blame, but my blue smurfy awesomeness is here now so it will all be okay and when we end up smurfing in the cargo bay, don't wonder why... you'll know.