Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: British TV Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    what, no reaction to the new Sherlock?

(I haven't seen it yet but I thought someone else might have!)
    Wonderful Tumblr pals pointed me in the direction of TunnelBear, and I watched The Empty Hearse on the BBC iPlayer a few hours after it aired in the UK.

It was well worth the 2 year wait.

I really don't want to say much more at this point, because all you would see would be paragraph after paragraph of gray spoilerized stuff.

The Sign of Three airs today, and early word on it is that it's really different from previous episodes and is chock full of memorable goodies.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    It doesn't air "over here" until the 19th. I'm protesting by not pirating it.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    The Sign of Three airs today, and early word on it is that it's really different from previous episodes and is chock full of memorable goodies.
    And, for me, possibly the second best episode of Sherlock. It was totally different. [I loved the way the wildly convoluted twists and turns divulged during the speech were all pulled tight by its climax.] This episode was bloody hilarious, and while some may bemoan the experimental new humanish Holmes, that's too bad because it's called character development. Despite the wedding, this was more about Sherlock and John, and I loved that - one last hurrah for the boys before one is swept up in marital bliss. Having said that, I love Mary, I think she adds wonderfully to the dynamic. The whodunnit was intriguing and satisfying without detracting from Mr. and Mrs. Watson's big day. The surprise at the end was a genuine surprise and I found myself really quite pleased with the revelation, and then damn, that ending. Who couldn't feel sorry for Sherlock as he left alone while everyone else was happily dancing away? The coat and the scarf even made a return, and I get the feeling that it means the third episode will bring us back to business as usual with a dark, high stakes finale.

Oh yes, The Sign of Three was just...OMG, I don't even have the right words to describe it. Absolute perfection. And laugh-out-loud hilarious at times.

It just makes me think that His Last Vow is going to be ripping our hearts out and stomping all over them even worse than The Reichenbach Fall did.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    For anyone who didn't catch it on Sunday... Charlie Brookers 2013 Wipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ers_2013_Wipe/
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Jan 8th, 2014 at 03:43:27 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

I stumbled upon that on iPlayer the other night and ended up having a crazy late one because of it. If you haven't seen his Video Games Changed the World show, I'd look it up. Unfortunately, it's no longer on 4oD, but I'm sure it's floating around in the internet ether. Also, watch out for Weekly Wipe, starting tomorrow night.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Some thoughts about the series finale:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Droo View Post
    Some thoughts about the series finale:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Anybody interesting in The Musketeers? It starts tonight at 9pm, BBC One. I know bugger all about the period, but this looks promising!

I'll be watching because... Capaldi

I will most definitely be checking this out

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Well, I thought it was bloody brilliant! Opinion appears to be divided on Twitter, some claiming it wasn't gritty enough, that it was too juvenile and silly to fill the gap that's left behind by Sherlock, and while I agree that it is definately has a softer touch than one would expect from a 9pm drama, I'd argue there's nothing wrong with that at all. This felt like a real swashbuckling adventure with fun characters in a great setting. I know bugger all about the original stories from Alexandre Dumas, so I have no stance on how the show is apparently a departure from them, but there are some people having a whinge about that. But, to be honest, if someone watched that and wasn't entertained, I'd have to wonder if they were watching the same show as me, because it had me hooked right from the start.

Finally watched "The Empty Hearse." I liked it a lot.

The end.

ice, ice, baby

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Fernandez View Post
    Finally watched "The Empty Hearse." I liked it a lot.

The end.
    I love how [they didn't explain how it happened, and instead just filmed various fan theories instead]

Also, Mary is fantastic. And Sarah broke my brain by pointing out that John and Mary are the name of the Winchester parents.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Rurrick Grov
    Someone may have pointed this out already... but you know how the Sherlock fandom keeps drawing Sherlock as an otter, and Watson as a hedgehog?

And you know how you're supposed to check inside your bonfires for hedgehogs before you light them?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Gaius Baltar was on the BBC Three Musketeers this weekend

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/peaky-bl...nders-series-2

Tom Hardy joins the Peaky Blinders cast for series 2.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112