TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Holly
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Sebastian Stan eh, Holly?

Why am I not surprised?
    I couldn't resist.

Edit: I sound like I should be a butler though. Jervis? Did my parents have big dreams for me to join the service industry? Should I go to school for buttle-ing?
    Last edited by Jervis Tetch; Dec 27th, 2012 at 03:26:05 PM.

Ted Kord
    There's an awful lot of vigilantes in costumes running around in this town. The D.E.O won't stand for this kind of behaviour... not on my watch.

Rick Grayson
    Per Hollie's appeal, count me in.

Rick Grayson is a special agent, former GCPD and Bludhaven cop, never a costumed crime fighter. Originally made him to be part of Checkmate, but if that's changed then DEO sounds good to me.

I wrote up Jason Todd to be the first Robin. He appeared to meet the same fate as he did in Death in the Family, except no body was ever found. File him under villain.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Riiiiiiick you're baaaack

I mean, oh, hi.

Oliver Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Grayson View Post
    Per Hollie's appeal, count me in.

Rick Grayson is a special agent, former GCPD and Bludhaven cop, never a costumed crime fighter. Originally made him to be part of Checkmate, but if that's changed then DEO sounds good to me.

I wrote up Jason Todd to be the first Robin. He appeared to meet the same fate as he did in Death in the Family, except no body was ever found. File him under villain.
    Checkmate hasn't changed to the DEO per se: they're separate agencies. The "Department of Extranormal Operations" is similar to the FBI: their job is to clamp down on vigilantes, unmask them, and so on. Sometimes they do that by recruiting lesser vigilantes to help them tackle the bigger ones. Ted Kord (Blue Beetle) is an example of that: it's kind of a homage to the current story arc that's going on in Batwoman.

Checkmate on the other hand is a clandestine organisation, more akin to the CIA. They have no interest in stopping petty vigilantism: rather, they're more interested in using the superhuman and the superpowered as tools for espionage and so forth. We're blurring it together with the Suicide Squad (traditionally made up of vigilantes and "redeemed" villains), which is why Werner Vertigo is going to be revealed as being involved with Checkmate at the end of "The Archer and the Acrobat". Also, Queen Industries is going to be a front company for Checkmate, with her current owner/president William Glenmorgan as one of it's senior members.

We didn't know that you were going to be back around, so we've been working on the assumption that Oliver Queen was the "original" Robin, with the moniker being a Robin Hood reference, rather than a bird reference. That's why Carrie Kelly is going by "Red Robin", to distinguish her from the earlier "Green" version. Would you be cool with Jason being the second Robin, as per the comics?

We're mostly sticking our fingers and humming loudly when it comes to timelines at the moment, so as long as we keep things vague and don't use too many specific numbers, we should be fine fudging whatever.

Rick Grayson
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Queen View Post
    Would you be cool with Jason being the second Robin, as per the comics?
    That works.

And Rick is still Checkmate. Cool.

Hi Babs. I'll be going over that old thread and maybe throw it in the Lazarus Pit. It's super slow at work tonight.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    I'd rather focus on just Robin and Ivy, though

Ivy, Ivy, Ivy!!!!

Rick Grayson
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Drin monopolised all the male Robin names

We are thinking of doing some Birds of Prey shenanigans, if you want to get Barbara in on that?
    I'd have given you bigger props if you were Stephanie Brown.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Made a topic tag because.... because I couldn't resist
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rick Grayson
    Cool. Now is it going to get installed under RP Tags?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Holly
    Depends on what the admin/s think about another tag

I also started a thread: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23070 for us Applied Science nerds. Paging... Someone? to the thread. It's open!

Also thinking where to go with another Babs/Rick RP. Maybe another 'Barbara at the library' thread?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789