Thread: Rogueish, Rebelly type stuff

Rogueish, Rebelly type stuff

We've got quite a lot of this type of thing happening now, what with the Rogues, and other pilots, and several ship in charge type people. And there are threads like Imperial Entanglements that effect everyone.

Charley used the "Surprise" tag for IE. Would it be worth having a "Fleet" tag or something if it's a big attack / movement / activity / thing that effects everyone? Maybe a "Rogues" or "Rebels" tag for missions like A Reputation to Maintain, which are all-Rebel and not Jedi-related?

Or would you rather the Rogues & co did their missions and stuff in General Roleplay, so the stuff in the Enclave is entirely Jedi-related?

This is probably the most active of the faction boards, and I'm very easily confused.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    The less topic tags we have, the better.

TheHolo.Net Poster

We'll settle this the old navy way; The first guy to die, LOSES!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jace
    ...actually, better not say anything.
    Last edited by Vansen Tyree; Aug 14th, 2010 at 11:16:54 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    The less topic tags we have, the better.
    And that's why we have "Vortex," "Naboo," "Narf," "Training," "Query," and "Answer"?

Vortex and Naboo are now more or less obsolete now that we've got the Wheel up and running. Training threads really aren't that popular, and anyway they often show up as "Open" threads based around dueling or TK muscle-flexing, or "Closed" threads between Master and Padawan. "Narf" is understandably a throwaway tag for joke threads, and that's fine. "Query" has a legitimate use, but surely the "Answer" would be in response to the original post?

The Rebel fleeters are very much part of the Wheel, especially the pilots. I think adding some tags for them makes all kinds of sense, especially as not too long ago we were asking for suggestions for new tags. We could always remove some of the ones I mentioned to avoid unsightly tag bloat.

*I* made the original tags years ago. I can make a Fleet tag and Jenny can remove the vortex/naboo tags (although the vortex tags are still tagging threads that happened on Vortex, so there is that. The Naboo place never went beyond one or two posts right after the reset so we can probably get rid of that one.)

I don't think anyone is criticising you for having made the graphics, Holly - just pointing out (with hindsight) the ones that we don't seem to be using anymore, since Jenny thinks we have too many.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    Holly suggested replacing the "Training" tag with a "Mission" tag, which I think is a capital idea! It would also reflect our shift toward developing Jedi skills through plot-oriented threads instead of the repetitive training threads of old which tend to get boring fast.

I was thinking the Fleet/Rogues even could get by with just two additional tags. They could be based loosely on the existing tags for the Jedi Enclave so it fits the aesthetic, and they could be recolored in red and white for the Rebel Alliance. We could have FLEET for closed threads and OPEN for open threads.

Usually Rogue/fleet missions happen in Star Wars Roleplaying or one of the Alliance subforums, so we probably don't need an additional MISSION tag for the Rogues in the Enclave forum. And since we have dedicated OOC forums already, I don't think we need an additional OOC tag.

Thoughts?

misc tags created for use or disuse.

My suggestion is to nix the place tags (vortex and Naboo) and the Answer tag. Of course my opinion is that there is no such thing as too many topic tags
    Attached Images Attached Images

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Andrew
    I like 'em!

That second tag was almost MISSON

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Love the colours and design of those new tags, Holly. Nice one!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    They look great holly. I'll upload em now.

Oooh. Awesomesauce. I like!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I've also amended the post icon permissions, so that characters who are a part of the Rebel Alliance user group should be able to access the Jedi post icons without joining the Jedi user group.

We could make it so the icons are just attached to the Jedi forums for anyone to use, instead of separating it by user group.

I'm glad people like them.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Everyone is a registered user of the forums should now be able to use the Jedi post icons in the Jedi forums.

TheHolo.Net Poster

This is not the Empress you're looking for

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Dani
    Very pretty