Thread: Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11

Movies Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

I think I get this movie and I think it is going to be awesome on a pop culture reference level like Buffy and Veronica Mars is awesome.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is an upcoming American film directed by Edgar Wright based on the comic book series Scott Pilgrim by Bryan Lee O'Malley. The film is about Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) meeting the girl of his dreams, Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). In order to win Ramona over, Scott learns that he must battle Ramona's seven evil exes, who are coming to kill him.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I have been looking forward to this movie for a long time now :3

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Oh my... this looks like fun

Serena
    Yeah, I can't wait to see this.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Haha! This looks brilliant!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Just got back from seeing this. Brilliant!

Sadly looks like it's going to flop:

"With the help of a stronger-than-expected Saturday, The Expendables held on to first place for the second weekend in a row, beating out five newcomers that were trying to dethrone the aging action stars. Earning another $16.5 million, the Sly Stallone project fell 53 percent from its opening weekend, pushing its total gross to close to $65 million. The film that got the closest to the top was Twentieth Century Fox’s Twilight spoof Vampires Suck, which grossed $12.2 million over the three-day frame. (It has grossed $18.5 million since its Wednesday opening.) The rest of the new releases struggled, most failing to crack $10 million for their opening weekend.

In its second weekend, Eat Pray Love held in pretty well in theaters. The Julia Roberts-starrer dropped 48 percent for an additional $12 million. The globe-trotting piece has now grossed $47 million after ten days in release. Lottery Ticket landed in the fourth spot for the weekend and seemed to generate good will with audiences. The Bow Wow-starrer earned $11.1 million plus an A- from exit pollster CinemaScore, which portends a strong hold for the movie going forward. The Other Guys rounded out the top five for the weekend with an additional $10.1 million in its coffers. The Mark Wahlberg, Will Ferrell action-comedy has now earned $88 million since its opening three weeks ago.

Spot six went to the much-hyped, rarely viewed R-rated B movie, Piranha 3-D. Bowing to $10 million, the over-the-top bloody mess didn’t score that well with audiences, earning only a C from CinemaScore. Nanny McPhee Returns opened to slot seven. The sequel grossed $8.3 million but since it’s already earned north of $63 million from its international run, the kids flick (which had a $35-million budget) will end up in the black. And families seemed to respond well to the Emma Thompson-starrer, giving it an A- on the exit polls.

Despite the star power of Jennifer Aniston, The Switch bowed in eighth place. This romantic comedy didn’t receive as wide of a release as her movies usually get and earned only $8.1 million. Audiences weren’t in love with the flick either, scoring it with a middling B, according to CinemaScore.

Rounding out the top ten were two very different holdovers. Inception, in its sixth weekend of release, earned $7.6 million for a total cume of $261 million, making it one of summer’s biggest successes. Meanwhile, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World grossed only $5 million its second weekend in release, marking one of summer’s biggest box-office disappointments. The well-reviewed flick starring Michael Cera just isn’t working with audiences and in its second weekend, it dropped 53 percent for a meager cume of $20.7 million. It’s a shame since the Edgar Wright-directed flick is one of the most original to hit theaters in a long time.
    "

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'm going to see this tomorrow. In anticipation, here is the BBCs guide to Scott Pilgram "from page to screen"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11065071

EDIT: I really enjoyed this movie. It was like visual candy. Great soundtrack too.
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Aug 29th, 2010 at 07:12:53 AM.