Eragon Dushall

Character Name: Eragon Dushall
    Characters Age: 26
    Born: 23 BE
    Race: Human Corellian
    Faction: Jedi

Trained under: Darrus Jeht

Force Powers:
    Core: Force Speed, Force Cloak, Force Concealment, Force Seeing, Farseeing, Force Empathy, Telepathy, Force Jump/Leap, Force Pull/Push

Lightside: Force Blinding, Force Healing, Mind Trick, Levitation

Neutral: Breath Control, Comprehend Speech, Shatterpoint, Force listening, Force Wave

Dark side: Force Grip, Force Crush

Personal Ship: YZ-900 Freighter

Personal Equipment: One Purple Lightsabers and one blue Lightsaber along with Various tools

Personality: Eragon is a adventure seeker. He's alway willing to jump head first into any situation. That with a couple of good looking girls has gotten him in trouble more then anything while he was growing up. One of the good traits that he picked up from his father was his stubbornness and business attitude.

Bio: Eragon was born 26 years ago on the same day that the Galactic Empire was founded. His home was the planet of Corellia. His father was a business man who made a fortune in the weapons and starship industry and eventually rose to be the President of the Corellian Engineering Corporation. His mother was a homemaker and with the help of a full staff tended to his every need. Raised in the high echelons of Corellian society Eragon became somewhat of a spoiled brat at a young age. No one had the ability to say no to him. It was as if he had a way with people. His temper was well known at a very early age and it was believed that he tried to kill his servant after she took a toy away from him.

He was heading in a very different direction until one day his mother hired a new gardener when he was 8. This man perplexed him and during a confrontation where the 8 year old attempted to confront him and instill his authority. The old man stood his ground and would not bend to the boys will. This angered him and he went to his mommy for the first time. His mother almost fired the Gardner but the old man convinced her not to. Eragon saw this and approached the man about it. He refused to tell the boy about what happened and this irritates Eragon more.

Over the next year Eragon pulled many pratical pranks on the old man in a way to make his work more difficult. He noticed however that the old man was always keeping a eye on him. He would not know why until his 9th birthday when several strangers in robes arrived. They spoke to his mother and she eventually called him into the room. The were the Emperors Inquisitors and they were coming for him. They told him of the grand life he could have serving the Empire and how it was his duty. Being the selfish brat that he was he said no. The men grabbed him against his will and took him away.

They were about put him on a ship with a few other children when another stranger in a brown robe appeared and stopped them. Eragon watched the fight that followed and was stunned by what he saw. The single black robbed man was his gardener and also a Jedi. The gardener took Eragon by the hand and led him away from the ship and into the alleyways of Coronet. Arriving at a old building that was now a Hotel they entered and he soon found himself in a room. The gardner, Darrus Jeht, told Eragon that he could not return home because if he did then the Emperors men would return and kill his parents. He warned him a the danger that he was in and how important it was that he stay with him.

Darrus told him that he was watching the boy. That it was a promise he made to a friend, Eragon’s grand uncle, and that he wanted to teach the boy the ways of the force and how to be a Jedi. Agreeing with Darrus, Eragon stayed and began his training in the ways of the Jedi while his mother and father thought that he was either kidnapped or killed by a agent of the rebellion.

His training under Darrus was not easy. He had never been through such a rigorous training cycle as he was put through. His master was a great weapons expert in the Jedi during the clone wars and he held nothing back when it came to Eragon. Every minute of every day for the next 6 years was training.

Darrus found out fast that his padawan had a darkness deep inside him that showed itself quite often. Fearing that his own padawan would eventually fall to the darkside he decided to teach the 15 year old boy the style of meditation early in order for him to channel his darkness and ease his dark tendencies.

Eragon and Darrus went from planet to planet. Safe house to safe house. Whenever the Empire got close to finding them they moved again. He saw more of the galaxy in the past 6 years then he ever thought he would in his lifetime. During the traveling he would train as well as assist his Master in helping those that asked for it. Their “missions” were small and local and that helped them to stay under the radar. Every now and then he would catch news on the Holonet of the Rebel Alliance and one time even asked his master about them. Darrus brushed it off and told him that his time would come when his training is complete.

5 years later they encountered their fist Inquisitor since Darrus saved Eragon on Corellia. The man they faced was a high ranked member and fought them with two sabers. He was able to hold off Darrus and Eragon with the dual blades and this irritated Eragon more then anything. His master eventually fell for a dirty trick by the Inquisitor and was knocked out. Eragon jumped to his masters rescue and fell into the moment. He allowed himself to use his anger and emotions. He let himself enjoy the situation, he felt the blood rush through his veins as the surge of adrenaline multiplied by the emotional enjoyment of the battle hightened his skill and senses. Eventually he gained the upper hand on the Inquisitor and defeated him eventually beheading him.

In 1BE Eragon found himself exceeding his masters expectations and he was sure that he was going to be a Jedi Knight but his Master Darrus Jeht thought otherwise. He decision angered Eragon and a rift formed between the two for awhile. A few months following their argument Eragon thought deeply about joining the Rebellion but after much meditation decided to stay with his master for the time being and continue his training.

A year later Eragon recieved a message through a anonymous source. His father was sick and was about to die. Darrus told him it was a trap and that he forbid him from going but Eragon couldn’t just stand there. Slipping out in the middle of the night he caught the first ship to Corellia. When he arrived he kept his head down and avoided public places. He used old contacts, as well as other resources, to locate that his father. He was at Corellia Central Hospital. Waiting until night fall he silently entered the hospital and worked his way to the room that his father was in.

When he arrived he found his father bound and gagged to the chair. Realizing it was a trap Eragon brought up his lightsaber just in time to block a decapitating strike to his neck from behind. A battle ensued and Eragon was about to gain the upper hand when another Inquisitor agent appeared near his father with his mother told him to stop or else they would die. Eragon lowered his lightsaber and surrendered to the two Inquisitors. They bound Eragon behind the back and killed his mother and then stabbed his father in the chest. In anger Eragon cried out and body tackled the head Inquisitor then rolled and jumped out of the window. His Master was there with a speeder car to save him from the massive fall and they took off with the two Inquisitors on their tale.

The chase went on for hours and eventually ended at his families estate. The four force users faced each other in the back garden of his families mannor. Eragon without a lightsaber avoided his opponets blade until a moment came where he was able to get his own back. When he did the fight started to go in his favor until he witnessed his master’s death at the hands of the head Inquisitor. His own assailant gained the upper hand and broke his lightsaber. He was able to avoid his own death and eventually kill his attacker with his own red bladed lightsaber and then turned to his masters killer. He grabbed his masters blade and brought the two weapons to bare on his opponet. Sinking in a combat stance he attacked. Once again he let all his anger and frustrations out on his enemy. Every swing of the blade brought a since of satisfaction as if he was feeding a very hungry beast. But no matter what he did the Inquisitor was able to block him and strike back. It was by blind luck that his enemy stumbled over his dead masters corpse and with a wild swing was able to remove his arm from his shoulder. The wounded Inquisitor rolled backward and raised his other hand in the air and unleashed a torrent of force lightning. Eragon was thrown back and found that he wasn't able to best the fighter even with one arm. Turning he ran from the battle and hid from his enemy.

When he felt like the Inquisitor was gone Eragon returned to his families estate. He went to his master and picked up his body and brought him into the house. He searched the body and took out anything that would have given his identity away. Loading the body on a speeder he took his master away to the Forrest of Corellia to burn in the proper Jedi fashion. When he returned to his fathers house a man in a black suit was waiting for him. He told him that because of his fathers death he inherited everything that his father had owned. Giving him a list of all his inheritance and a card to get in touch with him he told the young Jedi that his father was a supporter of the Rebellion after he disappeared. He had blamed the Empire for his disappearance and sought to help undermine it. He told him that his father had left him a vast fortune. Eragon thanked the man and told him that he would return if he needed anything and left the man to manage his estate and holdings.

He used his initial credits to purchase a brand new YZ-900 and left to return to their last safe house to gather his masters things. When he arrived at the safe house he loaded all of his masters belongings onto his ship and started search through them. He found a letter from his master to him. It was just written before he had left the planet and it told him that he wanted him to put together a lightsaber that was in pieces in the case it was on. Opening the case he spent the next 3 days putting the broken saber together as carefully as possible. When it was fixed he held it in his hand. The hilt was silver and gold, plated in the expensive electrum material. When he activated the lightsaber it was a puple color much like his masters lightsaber. He clipped the weapon to his belt and left the planet.

Eragon Dushall is now on a mission. To find the one armed Inquisitor that killed his Father, Mother, and Master and to find the Jedi Order and assist in the battle against hte Empire.
    Last edited by Eragon_Dushall; Jul 17th, 2010 at 08:56:17 PM. Reason: Adjusting Bio to fit suggestions

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    We appreciate all of the time and effort you have put into adapting your characters story to the SW-Fans.Net timeline I do have at least one concern, however Eragon, and that is that your character has bested Inquisitors. He seems... very powerful, even for a Jedi Knight, at such a young age.

I also wonder 'what's next?' for Eragon. You end the bio with him on the hunt for his master's killer. Where do you think that will take him? Given his interactions with the Empire previously, he must be a known and wanted fugitive.

Eragon_Dushall
    He is powerful... but so is every Jedi or Sith that let themselves dip fully into the force. The only way he was able to best the Inquisitors was to use the Vaapad form, which when used properly is unbeatable. But the downside is that if not used right he risk the darkness inside him taking over. That's not something that he wants to happen so he only uses it sparingly and only when he has no other option. Thats why he has only used it twice outside of training and both times was against the Empires Inquisitors.

Before they were able to keep under the radar because he was announced dead by the Empire but now since he is alive he is a fugitive and on the run. His Master is dead and his desire to find his killer drives him forward. He realizes that the only way to find his masters killer is to first find the rebellion and the Jedi. He knows his enemy is training for their next encounter and he too needs to further his skills and gain control over his own weakness.

So yes he can be powerful... but that is the temptation of the darkside.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    What then would you say are Eragon's weaknesses and faults? Do you think he is walking the line between the Light and Dark Side of the Force?

Eragon_Dushall
    Oh yeah he difinately is... One thing that i want to touch on in RP is that he was born different from other children. Not like Anakin what so ever but that he was born with a evilness. Note his attempted murder of his nusery maiden when he was but a toddler. If it wasn't for Jeht he would have been a Inquisitor and a agent for the Empire.

His weakness with the force would actually be his ability to use force powers. Although he does use the force on many occasions his true strength is with the lightsaber and various weapons. As far as his faults on a personal level he is very easy to anger although his Master was around to help him check this during his training and he has gained more control over it since Darrus took him under his arm. Also his eagerness to jump into a situation without thinking first has gotten him in plenty of situations where if Darrus wasn't there would have surely killed him.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Interesting character concept Eragon. The struggle with a child simply being born 'bad' but tutored to reinforce the light looks like a good place to begin some rich story telling.

I do have some questions though, regarding some of your characters trained abilities and the reasoning behind them.

I see your basis for wanting to use Vaapad as Eragons favored style. A way for him to channel his inner demons. It's also somewhat unlikely. In the EU every Vaapad user, except for Windu, fell to the darkside from it's use. It was also extremely hard to master, Mace Windu and possibly one other, being the only ones to master it. So while it is reasonable that the Jedi who taught your character might have known some of the moves from the form, it would be a hard sell to have us believe that he could teach the form in a sense where your character could resist it's dark side urges.

It would also be good to note that the form would be nearly extinct in our timeline. All of users having been killed off.

EU does dictate there was a holocron that held the forms secrets. I'll come back to this in a moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon_Dushall View Post
    He is powerful... but so is every Jedi or Sith that let themselves dip fully into the force. The only way he was able to best the Inquisitors was to use the Vaapad form, which when used properly is unbeatable.
    That is a dangerous line of reasoning. Nothing is unbeatable. If something becomes unbeatable it quickly goes against our primary rule on these boards, which is to use common sense.

Everyone here wishes to write their character as heroes, or if not heroes, someone with impact, someone special. But bearing that in mind, we also try to infuse as much realism and grit into our characters as possible. Your characters bio is certainly heroic and worthy of story but certain aspects can be turned down a notch, so as to not out weight the general rule of thumb, be sensible.

For example: Instead of using the form of Vaapad. Simply have your character enjoy being aggressive in a fight. It's not very Jedi like, and treads the line of the dark side but is more believable.

Was there a specific reason you wished to start out as a Knight vs a Padawan? What if the Inquisitors attacked before your character reached Knight hood. Then, in the ensuing battle the master was killed forcing your character to flee for his life. This would emphasis the inner turmoil your character struggles with, maybe feeling ashamed for having to run from a fight, or that he couldn't save his master.

Perhaps then, the Jedi of the wheel could stumble across your character and pick up where your old master left off. Tempering the anger. Maybe down the line your knighthood could revolve around recovering the holocron that explains the form of Vaapad. That is certainly more note worthy of knighthood then fighting off pirates on a freighter.

Don't be afraid to have your characters bio be somewhat simple to start. It's the growth into something more complex later on that makes it fun.

Eragon_Dushall
    I was wanting him to be a knight for personal reasons. I had never had any luck on any site I was with as far as having a master to rp with. I always ended up having to NPC my own master and training.

For his use of Vaapad I just figured that Darrus Jeht was a Jedi that trained under Mace Windu and went on the be a Jedi Weapons Master and Senior General in the clone wars. Although he may have not used it personally but his knowledge of the art could have been extensive. After all they do say, "those that can't do teach." lol

I do like your notes as a change to his bio. Like I said I just never had good luck with other sites when it came to masters and padawans.

So if y'all want me to change my bio I will. But I would prefer the Vaapad stay. Just because he used it twice successfully wouldn't mean that he has mastered the art. Every time he does use it there is a risk that he will be driven mad because of that.

I never meant to mean my character "is" unbeatable just that in general when a Jedi or sith truly let themselves go to the force they do become unbeatable. As far as the form of Vaapad, yes there were other Jedi that use it and yes they were driven to the point of insanity.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Give the Padawan thing a try here. I think the Jedi of the Wheel are leaning away from a strictly Master - Padawan relationship and more to an academy group setting. Where Padawans are taught by several Masters. So as long as you are active and writing there will always be a master to write with you.

I'll mention it once more before I drop the issue.

It is ultimately your choice on how you want to write/play your character as long as its in the yard of common sense but, again, I'll insist you avoid using Vaapad. Delve more into the reasons your character is naturally aggressive in combat. Build on the points that he has trouble containing his emotions and you'll likely find it a more rewarding writing experience. Rather then using a pre constructed term like 'vaapad' as a literary crutch. It's a master form. Have your character work toward Vaapad. Growing your own fruit is ultimately more rewarding then simply plucking it from a store shelf. Don't start off with it. I think if you do it'll cheapen the character.

Eragon_Dushall
    Thank you for the help tear and Belargic. I'll change up my bio and hopefully start to rp here in a little bit.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    On the matter of Form VII and those who use it on Fans, I will say that s'Il is the only one that does.

I've written her from the beginning of the reset that she was a student of Windu, and was rigorously trained in that particular style. BUT, she was also taught to suppress her urges to use it by Zem, who went on to teach her Soresu and the need for peace in battle, along with trusting in the force to provide her the openings she would need rather than simply brute-forcing her way to the endgame using Form VII.

I am in no way adverse to having s'Il teach Eragon Form VII. It would in fact be a learning experience for her as well. I'm willing to be the master to your padawan if you're up for dealing with a mother hen who gets space-sickness rather easily

Naomi Lang
    Quote Originally Posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy View Post
    I am in no way adverse to having s'Il teach Eragon Form VII. It would in fact be a learning experience for her as well. I'm willing to be the master to your padawan if you're up for dealing with a mother hen who gets space-sickness rather easily
    And...you know....a corrupt dark-sider freak of nature.

Love ya, S'il!

-skedaddles-

In all seriousness, I think S'il's suggestion would offer some great character development and storylines for the two of you.

Eragon_Dushall
    I am about to change the bio and the thing about Vaapad... in agreeance with Tear.

And i would appreciate that S'il and i look forward to it.

Eragon_Dushall
    Can I start my first post?

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Where were you planning on starting?

Only reason I say is because the Wheel isn't what we would say common knowledge, even to the Jedi who haven't made their way there yet.

Eragon_Dushall
    Well by now he has been on the run for mostly 2 years. So I was thinking that my opener would have him being chased by a bounty hunter and being captured for the most part. But I would need help on the other side of getting me to the wheel since he has been chasing down leads for the past two years and have come up empty.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    All you would have to do is contact the Alliance and they would be able to check that you are qho you say you are, and point you in the right direction.

Right Rebels/Jedi?

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Aye, that's about right