Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A thread for all the Jedi

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Skip to something that is pushing the story along?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    It's Peter's fault! I was going to have Loki take a shuttle back to the Whaladon, and on the way they were going to notice something in the asteroid field, but no, Acacius decided to kidnapp Loki and Tionne and take them off to the bridge on his stupid tour!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland.
    You can haz post from me today?

Peter posted!

Acacius Blade
    It appears I read your minds. I've jumped forward to the discovery of the ship. While a shuttle is prepped to take us over to investigate, Acacius has contacted Loki and is gonna ask him to take a de-tour in the first shuttle to get some clearer scans since the debris and rock is causing interference. But he won't board - that's when everyone else will go in a larger shuttle and board it together.

Acacius Blade
    Is the thread dead or is somebody going to post. Feel free to fast-forward a bit.

I think we've been waiting on Loki, since you directly addressed him in your last post?

At least, that's what I've been waiting for...

To all the people who have pooh-poohed the idea of posting order as archaic - this thread is a prime example of why its a good idea to have one (even if you skip people every now and then).

No one knows who's supposed to post next, so no one does.

imo Loki or Inyos or Tionne should post next, but that's just my opinion. Someone needs to man up (woman up?) and post!

Why do you think Inyos should post next? Nothing has happened that he can react to, really, and writing an "Inyos stood there, and didn't say anything" type filler post makes me feel uncomfortable and icky.

On the other hand, Loki was directly addressed in the last post. I assumed we were all waiting on him.

And with all due, Holly: it's nothing to do with posting orders being archaic. It's more about them being inflexible, and often creating situations that are difficult to follow, because the scene jumps back and forth all over the place, or because someone needs to react to something from several posts ago, or from the last several posts...

You wind up with threads that are non-linear, and I personally find that distracting when I'm trying to read through.

It was sort of a joke simply related to this thread stagnating.

to continue the hijack - posting orders can be inflexible, but I prefer a flexible posting order. Where if the conversation needs to continue between two people it can, and when its over people know who is on the hook to post next, and then the lag between posts can be kept to a minimum.

If you can't figure out something for Inyos to do, then obviously don't post, just like you have been. So, Droo is up next. I'll just say it definitively instead of with a question mark. I hope that isn't offensive

Sorry about this, I'm not trying to get all worked up over it, but I thought this was going to be a cool thread and instead its not one at all. Yet.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

I'll get a reply done tonight after work but then I'm out of this thread. No, I'm not offended, it's for personal reasons.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Droo View Post
    I'll get a reply done <s>tomorrow after work</s> on Thursday...
    <s></s>
    Ho-hum!

Acacius Blade
    Okay.

I will edit my last post and fast-forward to the point where we arrive at the ship on a shuttle. I hope there is still interest in this thread.

The edit should be made sometime today/tonight.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Part of the reason why I think this thread got off to a slow start is because the story begins at a really obscure moment that doesn't really have anything to do with the plot. Skip straight to the meat of the plot and you've got yourself a thread.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Droo View Post
    Part of the reason why I think this thread got off to a slow start is because the story begins at a really obscure moment that doesn't really have anything to do with the plot. Skip straight to the meat of the plot and you've got yourself a thread.
    Yup, I think that has sadly been the problem.

Acacius Blade
    Okay I've edited it. We're aboard. And don't worry about descriptions - the rooms and corridors will be of many different designs/styles/sizes etc, to account for all the different cultures both aboard and what the Jedi who travelled on it would have visited and taken a liking to.

Good edit, can't wait for Garen to be able to get out of stasis.

Acacius Blade
    Anybody going to post?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234