Thread: Settling the Council issue

Drin Kizael

Settling the Council issue

To open, I probably need to apologize for what I am about to do, as it goes against the sensibilities of much of the forum. I am not a mod, but I feel like I'm essentially playing the role of one now because no one else seems to want to. Though technically I was given admin rights here, so maybe this isn't overstepping my bounds after all.

I completely understand that events happen concurrently in the course of roleplay threads. We play continuity very fast and loose by necessity, because of the erratic posting habits we all share by nature of the fact that we have lives outside of this forum.

The thread titled "Getting Things In Order" is a notable exception to that rule. It is precisely because of that thread that I went dormant for 7 months... waiting... after three months of watching it drag out without resolution before that even. There is no one single player who is responsible for that. We all played our part in letting it drag on into infinity.

Unlike other threads that I've had to roll with and move on without closure... I NEED to resolve that meeting of the Jedi so that I know the direction of my character and so that I know how to interact with other characters. That thread is a show-stopper for me. It's an event too critical to continuity for me to just work around and make assumptions about.

We've been debating IC and OOC about the leadership positions ad nauseum. In the meantime, the candidate list has actually changed due to considerations I won't bother to get into. I eventually learned that no one was really talking to each other about it, but (understandably to a point) no one wanted to step forward and be the presumptuous jerk who plays "Gamemaster" and tells everyone how it's gonna be. Well in this case, I am more than happy to be that presumptuous jerk.

So...

I have spoken by PM and IM with all of the parties involved. Everyone has agreed separately to what Drin Kizael is about to propose IC. This move will not go against what anyone wants, and it won't contradict anyone's aspirations for their characters or for the Wheel at large.

Tonight and tomorrow I am posting an ending to the "Getting Things In Order" thread, I will respond to Solomon's question in another thread that will serve as a great segue into the closed meeting of all the nominees that Drin will call in a brand new thread.

I'd love to do it now but I am off to meet up with a gaming group, where I ironically I am GM'ing.

Thank you for understanding.

OMG actually finishing a thread or making a decision?!

I like it.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force