Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: True Blood, Season 3 (June 13th)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I love Betty White, too.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Now, for the viewing pleasure of people who haven't already seen this at my Facebook page:

Not working, but I suspect I know what that picture is:

Hubba hubba indeed

I think I hate this show even more now.

I don't know what was funnier last night...the "In Memoriam" short before the episode, or hearing Eric's ringtone.

We have to wait 2 weeks for the finale! ARGH!!!!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Purveyor of the Finest Faux Halos in the Verse!

AKA
    Demetra
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BloodyDecadence Steam ID: TheSpartanWitch
    I blame Holly for the fact that in the past week, I've watched all of season one, five episodes of season two, and all of the bits and blurbs that On Demand had as extras. I don't have a prayer of catching up with season three by the finale, but I'm officially addicted now.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Me??

Woohoo, another convert! Welcome to the family!

I personally pulled one co-worker into the True Blood world, and there's now another one who decided to give it a try after hearing us all talk about it. She's just finished season 1 and has season 2 on the way from Netflix...plus she's already bemoaning the fact that she'll have to wait until next year to see season 3 since she doesn't have HBO.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Purveyor of the Finest Faux Halos in the Verse!

AKA
    Demetra
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BloodyDecadence Steam ID: TheSpartanWitch
    Thank you!

Seasons One and Two are going on my Christmas list this year

I love my HBO

I really enjoyed 99% of last night's season finale. Krispy Kritter Russell just about stole the show for me. And the best single scene was the one where Eric finally blew Bill's cover and revealed that it was no accident and no coincidence that Bill walked into Merlotte's that night in the first episode.

What I didn't like all that much was the final scene. It was a really, really weak cliffhanger, IMO. No sense of OMG WTF?!?!? like I felt at the end of the first 2 seasons.

Oh well. And here we are, with season 4 not arriving until June. It's going to be a long 9 months.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Finally caught up to season finale!

I wonder if Russel ever gets out of that concrete pit somehow, and what kind of hell breaks loose if he does. What a creepy monster. It's also interesting how Godric advocates mercy towards him, maybe Russel had a greater role that we don't know about yet. It seemed to me like he was completely beyond redemption though.

I think Bill really overdoes the protection thing, instead of simply taking Sookie to some place where they can't be found and starting a new life from scratch. Instead, they are constantly found by supernatural beings who try to kill them or kidnap them. And when they finally escape, Bill takes on more than he can chew by trying to kill anyone who knows about Sookie. Eric and the Queen were just the latest examples.

And it looks like sookie was beamed into Fairy Land to learn more about fairies and their powers..

Overall though, it was another great season, and looking forward to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Oh well. And here we are, with season 4 not arriving until June. It's going to be a long 9 months.
    Not only that, but it seems that each season is only 12 episodes long.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I will be severely put out if the Queen dies in some form. She has a lot of potential to make a great antagonist next season. I sincerely doubt Bill can take her out, but who knows who else might show up to help. If there was more to the fight then Bill lunging, it would have been a better cliffhanger

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Finally got to see the episode - I really enjoyed it. Eric dipped in concrete telling Sookie about Bill's not-good-intentions was awesome.

It seemed like this season peaked a few episodes ago and they spent the finale setting us up for next season. Jason is king idiot of Hotshot, no doubt heading into his Big Change that book readers know is coming, Tara cuts her hair dramatically (it IS cute) and then leaves town? She'll be back. Tommy and Sam - there's no way Sam shot him, Tommy is back next season and hopefully they work out their issues because Sam being an asshole to poor illiterate TOmmy breaks my heart. Lafayette and Jesus are setting up the big antagonist/plot points for next season - witches. Same with Holly the new waitress and probably Arlene's serial killer demon baby.

I love Terry. He's the best character. Such a good guy! I just want to hug him.

Sookie is in Fae-land. Duh. Or she died. Nah, she's in Fae. Gran is still dead. just making sure you're paying attention! And Hoyt and Jessica are probably going to be attacked by creepy doll collector Summer and Hoyt's crazy momma in the first few episodes.

I know that next season Alcide is going to be a regular, so I hope that he and Sookie get together. I need more Brawny Man werewofl.

Still liked this season a lot. And I know that Russell next season will be back, just not sure how.

oh what a tangled web I weave

I have trouble whipping up any sympathy for Tommy because he's been such annoying brat, although I do have to admit that I had a moment of feeling a little sorry for him when he finally admitted that he can't read. I don't believe that Sam shot him, I don't know if Sam might have intentionally missed or if Tommy might have shifted in time or what might have happened. What I do know is that I want the old Sam back. I don't like this newfangled Sam.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123