Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True Blood, Season 3 (June 13th)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

TV True Blood, Season 3 (June 13th)

I need to figure out a way to get HBO before this starts!!! Or I'll have to stay away from spoilers and just rent the season when it comes out.

Can't wait to see what happens!

Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3F2v3yrmi0

OP image made by Kamla of SA.com. It was too great, had to yoink it.

oh what a tangled web I weave

That is awesome. Although I disagree with the idea that Bill is the worst maker ever...yeah, Jessica IS a vamper tramp, but I love her. Even though she's doing very, very bad things. :evil

I've read almost all of the books in the series now, and I'm really loving how they've taken the books as a basis and spun new stories and ideas off from them. One of the best changes has been keeping Lafayette alive, since he was killed off at the beginning of the second book. And then really beefing up Godric's role in the series...his final scene in the series made me cry, especially based on Eric's reaction . I'm so happy to know he'll be back in at least one episode featuring Eric flashbacks this coming season.

Have you seen any of the minisodes? They've been airing after the last few season 2 reruns on HBO, but they're also available on HBO.com. The most recent one with Sam was great.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    "He speaks in all caps" rofl...

True Blood's been a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine - especially since they put the first two seasons back up on On-Demand so I could watch them on the actual TV instead of trying to find somewhere to stream them online.

Bill and Sookie are just... blahhhhh, though. Sookie improved a bit in season 2, but Bill? Meh.

The other characters of this show really pull it along though and in general their antics, problems, one-liners hold down the main reason I watch this show. VERY glad they decided to keep Lafayette alive as he's probably my favorite character in the entire show. Never read the books, but this alone makes me not want to read them. lol

Gotta agree on Godric too. His "I am older than your Jesus. I wish I could have met him." line had me amused for a good long while. His final scene was beautifully written, I think.

As for the trailer - Hmm... werewolves, huh? Guess it was only a matter of time before they appeared. Jason's... "Santa? o_o" ...rofl.

Looking forward to this starting up again. At least this will keep me entertained until Dexter's next season rolls around.

Oh yes, werewolves end up featuring heavily in the series...watch out for Alcide Herveaux. Yum yum . And it doesn't just stop with werewolves, trust me O_o.

The books are light, fun, easy reads. I consider them a good supplement to the series, which is kinda funny to say since the books came first.

I'm just waiting to see if the legendary scene from the fourth book involving Sookie, Eric, and a shower makes it into the show. *swoon*

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Bill is referred to as "the worst maker...EVER!" by Jessica.

I think I'll be waiting to netflix this season. Makes me sad.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

I enjoyed last night's episode.

Operation Werewolf, eh?

Loved it when Sookie walked in on Eric being 'busy'. "See something you like!?"

Ah, yes, I loved the fact that it didn't take long to see Eric's naked ass . Heavenly!

And how about Sam and Bill? Yeah, it was a dream, but it was pretty hot!

I'm really glad that they're using real wolves for the werewolves. Looked really good. I think CGI would've looked too silly.

CGI werewolves are tough to do. I remember the complaints with Prisoner Azkaban. I agree it is better to use wolves. I really enjoyed the episode, great start to the season.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Loved it! I was a bit O_O at the Bill/Sam bit, but I guess I should have remembered from last season when Eric's blood made Sookie dream about him.

And the guy they cast as Alcide is... is... *swoon*

Holy crap, what an episode tonight! As I heard someone else describe it, what a twisted ending!

Alcide is quite yummy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    I just started watching this show a few weeks ago and I'm almost done with season two now - can't wait to get caught up. It's so campy and addictive!

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Alcide is delicious. He can rescue me any day.

And YES, that ending was twisted. *shudder* They always end the episode right when you really want to see more.

And no new episode for 2 weeks, darn it!

Also is Franklin the Villain for this season? He does seem to have some hidden agenda.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I thought Bud's little fit after they found the body was hilarious!

But I don't blame him, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    Also is Franklin the Villain for this season? He does seem to have some hidden agenda.
    Not sure at this point, although it looks like he's going to be at least one of the villains. Franklin Mott was an extremely peripheral character in a couple of the books, so what they're doing on the show is much different. And I like it, he's pretty darn evil for sure :evil. I just have to adjust to seeing James Frain in this role after seeing him through 3 seasons of The Tudors as Thomas Cromwell. Franklin Mott is a huge change from Cromwell.

Oh God, Franklin Mott is one twisted, hilarious mofo.

And those Post-Mortem shorts are equally hilarious!

I'm curious to get the story behind the whole Tommy/Joe Lee relationship. A co-worker of mine is convinced that Joe Lee is molesting Tommy, and I'm starting to wonder if that's what's happening.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I love Franklin Mott.

In regards to Joe Lee and Tommy my speculation is that he is using Tommy in dogfights. "I own you from nose to tail!" + all those scars Tommy has.

Missed the Post-Mortem today, the DVR didn't record long enough to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    In regards to Joe Lee and Tommy my speculation is that he is using Tommy in dogfights. "I own you from nose to tail!" + all those scars Tommy has.
    I hadn't thought of that, and I think you're right. I think it's a much more likely explanation than molestation.

I love Eric's backstory and I guess we now see who the main villain is this season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast