Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random TV Gossip

I'm going to watch The Event, because I want to see what all the hype is about.

Lone Star is the first show in several years to hook me. Too bad nobody watched it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Lone Star seems to be one of those critically acclaimed shows no one heard about.

Ahh... Bill Maher's Real Time back on TV, finally. I loved this season of True Blood. Season 5 premiere of Dexter this upcoming Sunday.

Edit - btw CMJ, one critical acclaimed show I am watching now that you might enjoy is Boardwalk Empire. It is a show on HBO, directed by Scorsese and is about the Prohibition era.
    Last edited by Yog; Sep 21st, 2010 at 02:51:16 PM.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for the DVD I guess.

The Event hooked me, I will definitely be back next week to keep watching.

I also watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire...although I'm not a big fan of organized crime/mafia stuff, I DO like Steve Buscemi. I liked the first episode and will be continuing to watch that as well.

I'm going to watch Raising Hope tonight and Undercovers tomorrow, and I'll give No Ordinary Family a chance when it first airs. Plus Fringe returns Thursday, yay!

After many years of not watching much network TV, I actually have some interest in the fall schedule right now.

And Yog, I'm also happy that Bill Maher is back. He can be a narcisstic jerk sometimes, but I appreciate the intelligent conversation that happens on his show.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Castle is back

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Boardwalk Empire is awesome, I'm definitely in for the ride on that one.

The Event
    ... was WAY too confusing. Five hundred time leaps backwards in an hour, they told us NOTHING, not even enough to care about what we didn't know - because we know nothing other than the big thing at the end - plane gets portaled somewhere omgz. I'm giving it some more time but they better start explaining/showing things linearly or I'm out. I mean - five minutes of exposition in an hour of show? Ugh.

I caught five minutes of Lone Star, had a great line in it too. "Its a house of cards - you don't get to live in it!" That line alone kinda made me want to watch it. But, I didn't.

Wanted to see Raising Hope, but my DVR froze up so I'm hoping it'll show up On Demand.

Raising Hope was SO WRONG, but SO FUNNY! Really tickled my subversive funny bone. Can't wait to see more.

I have to believe that The Event won't do quite so much time-jumping as it goes on...they will very quickly lose viewers if they keep doing it, because so many people have a short attention span. Like my sister, she hates things that jump around too much. She could never get into Lost because of it. It was an interesting way to start presenting things in the pilot, but I agree that they can't sustain it as being the standard way of telling their story.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ase-watch.html

I'm gonna be beyond sad if it's cancelled after 2 freaking weeks.

I saw the Event it has potential but I will jump off if it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I am not shocked Lonestar was canceled, it had potential but it was risky. I had no interest but that was just me.

It hasn't been canceled yet.

Sorry it's not up your alley Carr - it's really the best pilot I've seen in years.

Undercovers was light frothy fun

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Undercovers didn't have great ratings. We haven't watched it yet, its still on the DVR.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

I liked Lonestar. I didn't bother watching The Event, Lost burnt me out on that type of show.

I enjoy puzzles, conundrums, logic pretzels, and time shifts, so I'm intrigued with The Event so far. However, I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out like Flashforward. That show had a really strong pilot and then turned to silly shit pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    I enjoy puzzles, conundrums, logic pretzels, and time shifts, so I'm intrigued with The Event so far. However, I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out like Flashforward. That show had a really strong pilot and then turned to silly shit pretty fast.
    Flashfoward actually recovered in its last 6 episodes, unfortunately they lost a lot of people during the middle of that season.

I am quickly becoming bored with The Event. I'll probably try to watch the entire season, but it's already lost a lot of my attention.

Stargate Universe just made me cry. *sniff*

If you made it through Season 1 and thought "meh, this isn't for me", give the first couple of episodes of Season 2 a try. Total change of pace, and it looks like everything is on the brink of falling apart.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    I am quickly becoming bored with The Event. I'll probably try to watch the entire season, but it's already lost a lot of my attention.
    I just saw a cryptic looking ad on TV for this, guess it's starting to show in the UK soon... I'm guessing it's not worth giving this a try, then.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I like The Event. So, might as well give it a try. The pilot was almost insufferable, but it gets a lot better, imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast