Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
If you go back to my earlier post with the huge swathe of spoiler tags, this is actually only one gripe out of a whole bunch. Most of them are (as you put it) levelled at things that we did see. This just happens to be the only gripe that has been directly reacted to thus far.
Yes, I read it. My comment regarding "a lot of your criticism being levelled at what we don't see" was in reference to the discussion at hand, and even in stating that I was careful not to say "all of your criticism".

On the matters of Bane and Miranda, I am in agreement that neither character was executed as well as they perhaps could've been. However, from the beginning, I never percieved Bane as anything much more than a big thug carrying out a well-organised plan. He never came across as particularly sharp or intelligent, just driven. I know it looked like it was all his idea in the beginning, but when we find out the truth, I felt like it made more sense, considering the character as he was presented to me. And I felt that, while brief and almost tacked on, the backstory between him and Talia allowed them a moment of convincing tenderness. And considering neither character was particularly well fleshed out at all, to see that was of some small relief.

Speaking of things being tacked on, the romance between Miranda and Bruce, if it can be called that, felt like nothing short of lip-service. In fact, had it merely been an instance of lip-service, a flash of lust between these characters, then I could've bought that. But then it was played up a little too much, like had this deep connection, probably to imply that Wayne was getting over the loss of Rachael, but it wasn't necessary. His last scene saw to that. Saving the Talia revelation for so late in the game meant that we didn't get to see much of the real character at all, and what glimpses I saw I liked. Marion Cotillard does crazy very well. And I agree with Jace, it was a complete waste to stuff her in a truck thereafter.