TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Had an idea! Looky looky!

Hey Master Callidus, I was thinking... we should try to get someone on the inside with the Jedi.

Now you know that LD is itching to gather her 'forces' and gallivant against the Empire. Its all well and good to have a cannon in your arsenal, but you don't necessarily want a loose cannon, nu? So how can we give LD a task that is hitting hard against the Empire while also serving your own dark and ulterior purposes? If she joined the Rebellion she could do it! And she's already worked with the Rebels on at least one occasion - when she helped Byl blow up an Imperial rally on Coruscant a year or so ago.

So. She's got ties to the former Jedi order, and she's been working as a terrorist against the Empire for years. So LD should join the Rebellion!

What do you think?

oh what a tangled web I weave

Personally, I really like the idea. With Chir'daki involved with Black Sun and the Bounty Hunters, Salem already has a man on the inside with the criminal underworld aspect of the galaxy. Trying to get someone involved with the terrorists and outlaws as well would give Salem a bead on yet another significant aspect of galactic politics, and allows him to increase the scope of his subtle manipulations.

Now all we need is a "man on the inside" with the Empire, and Salem has the full set.

Only "issue" would be how this works out with Dan, s'Il and Vega, who are already out there. Does LD become an envoy between Darth C and Darth D - heading towards an alliance, perhaps? - or does it spark up a rivalry between the two over who is the "true" Dark Lord of the Sith?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

LD is no envoy. :mneh

I imagine she'd not get on Dan's radar for quite a while. That also depends on how the whole "Jane Starborn and Eluna Thals looking for Byl Laprovik" thing works out. I mean, LD is darkside, but she's like darkside lite compared to Dan. So if Dan and s'Il get outed as Sith...

Well, we'll have to see what the Rebellion chooses to do. And I think RPing it will be fun. Once they realize LD isn't a light side Force User, will they still use her against the Empire?

*waggles eyebrows* Can't hurt to send her out there to find out.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I like the idea.

Barton would be psyched to see another youngin from his temple days

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    I like the idea.

Barton would be psyched to see another youngin from his temple days
    Speaking of, would either of you guys mind if I gatecrash your little youngling party with one o' my own? Been geeking over my character timelines, and it turns out one of my peeps was a Youngling back then, so...

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    All the Shadows stuff is open afaik.

Btw with regard to Dan... Salem would not reveal his existence to Dan under any circumstances that I can think of. His success depends on limiting awareness of his true self to those either under his thrall or of too little power/importance to exploit that awareness.

In that case, who does LD say trained her? Does she just refer to "my Master", and keep it a secret? Does she try and lie to Dan; somehow keep her ties to Onderon, Dxun, etc secret?

With the secret option, LD might have to keep being Mandalore of Dxun secret too, just so that Dan doesn't get curious enough to send s'Il on an errand out there, thus stumbling on Darth C... and yeah.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

LD's master was A'na Eldhil of the Jedi Order.

I imagine she'll keep all the Onderon stuff under wraps.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    If she's masquerading as a Jedi, I'd imagined Callidus is the last person she wants to mention

Holly, you want to do a thread having LD and Salem discuss this?

Well yeah... I know she's not gonna advertise it to everyone. :mneh

Holly and I were just chatting about the implications of anyone noticing that she's a wee bit darkside; if s'Il, Dan, etc decided to approach her; etc. I figure that trying to deceive a Sith Lord isn't quite so easy as deceiving a bunch of half-trained and disenfranchised Jedi?

Yes, I was challenged to slip the word "disenfranchised" into a conversation today. In your face, Jamie!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Half-trained?! Speak for yourself! :mneh

If she doesn't walk around using the Dark Side all the time, there's no reason anyone should notice. It's not like s'Il and Dan haven't got other things to keep them busy anyway, they don't scrutinise everyone who comes aboard the convoy.

This is very true; s'Il and Dan aren't even there, to my knowledge. Was just chatting with Holly on AIM is all, and the "what if Dan finds out?" question sprung to mind.

Personally, I'm all for Dan finding out, and coming to rumble. Chir'daki says "Bring it".

Oh, and my mistake. The Jedi aren't all half-trained. Some of them are fully trained, but blind. :mneh

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Anyone who outs themselves to Dan (and Salem finds out about it) is getting skull-fucked with the business end of a lightsaber. That is the Prime Ministers official stance on public relations

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I am not in favor of being skull-fucked with a lightsaber!

If Dan finds out we'll deal with it, but LD isn't an innocent lamb, she's got tricks up her sleeve. *fumbles in sleeve* ...they're here somewhere...

And yes, lets do a thread! Want me to start it?

...weird timing. Just as I read about skull-fucking, Gibbs just shouted "I need a face, Abby!" from my TV.

O_O

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Sure we are watching some Rome but I'll be about in an hour or so to reply

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Andrew and I also have an idea what we want to do with Akasha - she'll be going with LD and LD will drop her off with the Rebellion as a Force adept who wants to be trained as a Jedi. Akasha will be sent to the Wheel (which we don't know about, but will after she gets sent there) and generally be trained while maintaining her cover. LD will be busy with the political/military aspect of the Rebellion, so sending Akasha to the Jedi is a MASTERSTROKE!!!!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Yeah, he mentioned it to me too - sounds like an eeeexcellent plan

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If you don't mind, can LD suggest it to Callidus? After he tells her he wants her to infiltrate the Rebellion.

I like that we don't have to worry about actual INFILTRATION rule breaking because we're members of... all the factions involved, lol. Infiltration is so old school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast