Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Master Rank Discussion

I posted in the thread, with something open-ended to try and shuffle things a long a little. I hope that's okay.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Serena - to quote myself, earlier in this thread

I don't see a need to change how the Master rank has been handled previously at Fans... in that someone becomes a Master after a significant amount of time / character development as a Jedi Knight. Right now, the majority of characters have spent the last however many years doing a lot of running, hiding and generally not training. I would imagine it would be a little while, at least, before any of the present Knights show the necessary development (...with the exception of Serena, perhaps?)
    Promotions are something I see as being a logical part of a characters progression, and not necessarily reliant on trials. If a master wanted to put their student through a trial, fair enough, but I would leave that down to the individual RPer to decide how they do it. I trust everyone enough here to know that they wouldn't go about creating Knights and Masters willy-nilly.

Well, I said "trial" but I didn't really mean an IC trial, more like a specific thread designed to test a RPer's competence and prove that they're worthy. Like Navaria's 'test' with her mom and Vega, etc.

I don't think we should drop that part of the rite of passage. Like when LD became a master, pre-reset, I had to fight Soth. I felt very accomplished when that was over.

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Baby.. I may be blind but what I lack in sight I make up for in sensuality ;)

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny
    Right. I imagine that there would be a logical point in the characters story when it makes sense for them to officially become a Jedi Master

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456