Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shadows of the Republic: The Initiate

Drin Kizael
    As the group made its way through the ship, the giving of a simple statement felt more like an interrogation. At one point, Kizael found it difficult to hide his reaction as he mouthed the words "Abuse of powers?" slowly to himself. It was rare to hear a Jedi's judgment being challenged so openly, much less in a tone that he couldn't help but sense as a veiled threat.

He walked away from the experience glad that he wasn't a Denon peacekeeper, if that kind of scrutiny was the norm in every criminal matter on this world.

You spoke with Judicial Atrapes?” asked a handmaiden as they entered the palace. “How was it? He doesn't talk much to anyone, so a lot of people say a lot of things about him.”

"He's very, ah," Kizael mused. "Thorough."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

As Auditor-General of the Corporate Sector Authority, I hereby order all food chains to make their bantha burgers with bacon... ... ...I can do that, right? I can't? You're fired.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Blog Entries
    That's a nice way of putting it,” the handmaiden laughed, entering a turbolift. The wall facing out towards the city-world was made of transparisteel, making the skylined horizon as a natural mural. The handmaiden gave a familiar if still appreciative glance at the sight as she continued: “He doesn't like Jedi for some reason; when we heard that you had become involved, he immediately left the throne room with a strange look.”

Oh?” Tell asked, sharing a short look with Kizael.

The handmaiden grinned and shook her head in a mutedly incredulous manner.

Yes,” she said. “It's not common knowledge that he doesn't like Jedi, but it's not uncommon either. There's lots of rumours about why. Some are just far too crazy to believe. One story has it that he is planning something against the Jedi, and that he's teaching his children magic that would kill them!”

The Jedi shared another look. This time it was Kizael who asked the question.

He has children?”

The handmaiden laughed again; even the other quiet handmaiden who accompanied her giggled behind her hand.

Yes, two of them. There's a sizeable bet as to who can find out who their mother is.”

Drin Kizael
    Kizael nodded to the handmaidens after taking a brief scan of the room. "Thank you, that will be all." He walked toward the window, facing the view outside in quiet contemplation.

The Jedi bit out a sigh as the door closed. "Magic," he said at length. "I'm not sure what to make of the fact that these people consider it to be a laughing matter, either; teaching children to kill Jedi. Hard to say which is more troubling, having a 'magic' practitioner in charge of palace security, suspecting him of brainwashing children, or that such an accusation would be reduced to idle gossip."

He didn't want to say the word out loud, but he knew that both of them were thinking it. There was only one likely source of "magic" that common sentients did not associate with the Jedi.

Sith sorcery.

The big Trianii took a moment to run through what he'd heard since landing on Denon, absorbing the gravity of what he'd heard. He glanced at a chronometer, then regarded Tell with a furrowed brow. "Let's explore the grounds a little before dinner, shall we?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

As Auditor-General of the Corporate Sector Authority, I hereby order all food chains to make their bantha burgers with bacon... ... ...I can do that, right? I can't? You're fired.
    AKA
    Vince
    Blog Entries
    Tell followed Kizael out into the hallway outside their door. In the distance, activity could be heard, voices and laughter; no activity was close to them however. The Gossam sped up his stride to walk alongside the Trianii.

They could be just merely stories,” the Gossam offered quietly. “I didn't sense anything out of place with the Judicial, except what I now know to be dislike.”

The hallway was leading them in a large semi-circle, and to the side was an open doorway leading out into what seemed to be a large garden. The two Jedi quieted as a small group of people passed them going in the opposite direction. The padawan gestured with a nod to the garden.

If he deals with everyone as he dealt with us, dislike or not, I find it no surprise that he is subject to rumours,” he said as they entered the garden and passed out of earshot of those in the hallway. “Though talk of magic is odd. Do you think he could hide such abilities?”

Drin Kizael
    "I suppose he could be the subject of excessive rumor mongering gone awry, in which case I pity him. But we cannot overlook even idle claims this potentially dangerous."

Kizael focused his attention outside the garden, through a window on the opposite wall of the palace halls to the grounds beyond. He began walking that direction as he continued. "Sith practitioners do not wear glowing red signs screaming 'I'm evil' to the world. Contrary to popular myth, their auras do not ooze dark side, at least not while they are not actively channeling."

The trianii sniffed the air as the two Jedi stepped outside the palace. He turned, following the scent to indicate Judicial Atrapes walking across the courtyard into the city, a short distance away. "We should see where he's off to in such a hurry."
    Last edited by Drin Kizael; Dec 12th, 2010 at 10:35:04 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Blog Entries
    Tell Cho was surprised, to say the least, about the fact that it was impossible to really sense the dark inside a person unless they were actively channelling. He had always been among the more gifted students in passive use of the Force; something which had given him a sense of accomplishment and what he was considering now to be pride, something which he had always tried to avoid. The thought that he was not as good as he thought was now pushing its consideration on the past few days, beginning with his conduct on the yacht.

“Yes,” he responded, eager to get his mind off the subject of his overestimation of himself.

Atrapes was alone, and though Kizael and Cho were not quite suited for following the man covertly on this planet (which was populated mainly by Humans and some other races and species), they were not discovered. His route was a direct one, through a market and to a residential area known for its panoramic views of the city, and for being a ‘guarded community’. The mansions that could be seen within the gates were large and elaborate.

Cho frowned slightly, staring at the gate with consternation.

“Oh, sir Jedi,” a young human woman exclaimed. Tell Cho turned and regarded the young handmaid from before, with a large bag of what seemed to be foodstuffs held in her arms, piled so that almost obscured her chin, with a short black haired young girl of about twelve standing beside her also holding a much smaller bag of food. She glanced quickly at the gates in the distance, and back to the Knight and Padawan. “What are you doing out here?”

“Sight-seeing,” Cho replied. “I have not been to Denon before, though I have heard of it. The descriptions and holograms do not do it justice.”

The handmaid smiled apologetically, looking from the Gossam to Kizael. “Oh, well, sorry to bother you. I hope you are enjoying it. Zoe and I were just getting some food for supper and I was curious when I saw you standing here.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234