Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Dollar a Dance.

Jason Dreggs
    "Maybe."

There were always favors that could be made if it came to that. The vampire society’s sphere of influence was larger than he could ever explain to Charlene in one night. Jason didn't seem the least bit worried about the cops.

After a long awkward silence Jason slowed down as they came to a ritzy gentlemen’s club called Temptation. He looked over to Charlene as they pulled up the door where there was a man standing. The man was waiting for Charlene and Jason to get out so he could go park their car.

"It's probably not what you expected?"

Charlene Briggs
    I couldn't hide my incredulous expression towards Jason as a thumb the joint over my shoulder. "We're meeting people here?"

By those 'people' I mean the cold blooded kind. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

A strip joint? Jason wanted to take me to a strip joint that was ran by Vamps? THIS is how he wanted to make an impression with me for the first time. What was I supposed to do? Hit on the dancers or be the dancer for his buddies amusements?
    Last edited by Charlene Briggs; Jul 31st, 2009 at 11:49:34 AM.

Jason Dreggs
    "I wouldn't call them people."

Jason gave her smile telling her to lighten up a bit. It wasn't like he was asking her to get a job here or give him a lap dance. Although as he thought about it a lap dance wouldn't be such a bad thing. On top of that he wasn't the one that had set up the meeting.

"Look I didn't set up the meeting they did. I just figured you would like to get out of the house. So I brought you along."

Then again Charlene could never be a dancer here she was too damned mouthy. She would probably put a fist through the face any cliental that hit on her. That just wouldn't be good for business and Jason would have to pay for damages which wasn't good for him.

"So no I'm not fucking kidding you. Do you have a problem with it?"

Charlene Briggs
    Ah Jason. The people comment went WHOOSH over your head. Like I'm going to announce VAMPIRES out in the open. Dumbass.

Anyway ...

"No," I answer with a roll of my eyes and get outta the car. I'll just keep my eyes open and my mouth shut like a good little minion. Probably what these idiots want to see anyway. In fact, of course it is. Etiquette and all that, but my curiosity is piqued. Big time in fact. Wonder what the meeting is for.

I half frown away from Jason feeling a bit stupid. He trusted me enough to come to this meeting. At least, I would think? Either that or this isn't a bit thing.

Jason Dreggs
    He got out of the car leaving the car running as the man waiting gave him a slip of paper. Then the man got in the car and took off to go park it as Charlene and Jason made their way to the door. At the door stood a huge African man with a strange yellowish tint to his eyes. He was a ghoul something Jason hadn't exactly explained to Charlene yet.

Bouncer: "Good evening sir do you have a members card or guest pass?"

Jason reached into his back pocket and pulled out a card and showed to the man. The bouncer nodded and opened the door but for Jason entered he spoke to the bouncer.

"She is with me." Nodding to Charlene.

Bouncer: "Alright sir, can I get her name to put on the guest pass?"

"Her name is Charlene."

Bouncer: "Can I see her ID to make sure she is of age?"

Jason looked around to make sure no else was around. Seeing that the coast was clear he flashed his fangs at the bouncer.

"She is of age."

Bouncer: "Very well sir. Enjoy your evening and remember we have whatever you need on tap."

Jason was well aware that the man wasn't talking about alcohol. He was referring to any type of blood your tastes desired. It was just that kind of place as well as being a haven. Loud music hit their ears and sights of topless girls as they entered Temptation. Jason could hear the beating heart of the mortals all around him. He turned to Charlene quickly leaning towards her ear so he would be sure she could hear him.

"If you feel the hunger either go to the bar or get a patron to go to one of the back rooms with you. Do not shed blood out in the open we do not want to scare the mortals."

Charlene Briggs
    Ladies and gents, I'd like to make one thing perfectly clear. I've yet to actually feed on anyone besides Jason. He barely takes me out so my food has been strays when he was running late with the pints ... Animals are naturally afraid of us, unless you're part of a certain Clan, what the hell was it called again...? Can't remember, let alone think with the music blasting and half a dozens breasts flashing before my eyes.

What was my point again? Oh, animals. Some Vamps give off a aura or something that animals like, and let me tell you, I sure as hell don't have it. I get the hissing, barking love right before they either try to bite the shit outta me or run. Good thing I can chase those fuckers down tho without a problem.

Before you start waving the judgment stick at me, please keep in mind that they were strays and rodents. YUCK! Disgusting!!! You have any idea what badly nourished and diseased infested blood tastes like? It tastes like someone slapped a nine volt on my tongue and didn't let up. But it did help to quell the cravings until the good stuff was delivered by the Blood Boy over here.

"Did you purposefully forget dinner tonight?" my ears are now pounding from the symphony of heartbeats in the place. I can pick out every Mortal in this room. I'm no where near desperate but I'm definitely craving sustenance so I wouldn't feel like I was still waking up from my sleep ...
    Last edited by Charlene Briggs; Jul 31st, 2009 at 01:24:33 PM.

Jason Dreggs
    "Real life experience and a test of trust."

He wasn't going to lie to her about it he was testing her to see how well she would do in a more public setting. If he could trust her to restrain herself and follow the easy rules he could start to trust her in even a more mortal populated place. It wasn't that he didn't trust Charlene, he trusted Charlene but he didn't trust the curse he gave her.

He looked over to a big booth off in the far right corner. Three men in fancy suits surrounded by strippers sat there. Blue bloods all of them and they worked for man that controlled more of the city then the prince. Although the parts he controlled where far from legal. Jason then pointed them out for Charlene.

"Those are the people we are here to meet."

Charlene Briggs
    Honestly. Nothing much else is going through my head right now except a very important debate as he spoke.

"Real life experience and a test of trust."

Stripper ... Pint at the bar ... Stripper ... Pint at the bar ...

Perhaps you are surprised at this debate. Perhaps not? Not like you all got to know my personal preferences while I was mortal. Neither did Jason, the fool really has no idea that I am, reluctantly, a warm blooded male fantasy. Hah, perhaps even more so now that I'm one of the undead too. How many fucking Vampires movies are there about Bi-Sexual Vampires?

"Those are the people we are here to meet."

That got my attention and I focused more on Jason as my peripherals scanned the group. I've done the not looking at you, but I'm really looking at you routine enough as a bartender. I knew who they were exactly, even if I didn't know who they worked for. I mean, once you meet a few gangsters, you know their type pretty quick. Doesn't matter who they're affiliated with and what nationality.

"Jason... I have the feeling you're going to get us into trouble with those men."

Jason Dreggs
    "Really?"

Jason had a cheesy sarcastic grin on his face as his eyes slowly moved to the group of mean. Jason would never purposely cause trouble for them even though they where blue bloods. The only reason he wouldn't is because he knew who they worked for and frankly he was a scary dude with a huge reputation in Chicago.

"What kind of trouble could I possibly get in?"

With that Jason started to head over the table not waiting for Charlene's reply. Although she was possibly right but he would get his butt in more trouble if he kept them waiting. He turned back to Charlene for moment.

"Come on it's time to meet the locals."

Charlene Briggs
    A rather listless young girl was trying to get my attention with her eyes, but they were double bagged with severe circles under those lids. If I decided to go the old fashion way in getting something to eat, last thing I want to do is accidentally kill someone. I am still learning how to control my hunger after all.

Oh.... but there is this pretty brunette dancer that just walked in. I could tell she had a girl next door kinda look underneath all the glam, and if I'm not mistaken by how her body moves, she's actually real. You know, no plastic surgery. I was still debating with myself before I had to turn and give Jason the most incredulous of looks.

Trouble? Him? Nah... I mean if he didn't cause trouble where would I be? Oh, maybe alive.

Ugh, snarky. I am hungry. Sigh.

"Come on it's time to meet the locals."

"Jason, I am the locals!" I say loud enough over the music so he could hear, but then realize I probably could have just said it normally since, duh, Vampire. Human habits are so much fun to try and break.
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Aug 6th, 2009 at 02:14:32 PM.

Jason Dreggs
    Johny: "Hey look isa that fella you invite Mike."

Mike: "He's late; I don't like it when people are late." He looked around at the girls. "Ladies you are gonna havta to leave us, the boys and I have business."

The ladies pouted a bit but dispersed as Jason approached with Charlene in toe. Jason unlike them didn't know their names just that he was suppose to meet them here at this table.

Johny: "looks alike he brought a lady friend. Probably his back up or somethan."

The three men broke out in a bit of laughter just as Jason approached there table. Jason gave them a bit of a confused look even though he heard exactly what they said. It was better to play dumb in this situation and let them under estimate you.

Mike: "Is your bird looking for a job or somethan boy?"

Johny: "I hope so I betcha she has nice pair of titties on her."

"Now fella's that's no way to treat your guests."

Charlene Briggs
    I smile with just that slight tilt of my head to the left as if I was enjoying the vulgarity before me. Jason knew exactly what was coming next, and no, I'm not stupid enough to try and punch a bunch of gang members ... though in my brief state of red that I'm in, I couldn't help but wonder what was up with the Italian and old slang? I was half expecting for him to say something like , Get the Mooks Ralphie! .. or sumtin'.

"Not every Bird that comes strollin' through here needs to flash their titties to get noticed. But I can definitely see that that the IQ level in here is not attributed to the Blonde Bimbos on stage. You're certainly giving them a run for their money."

What can I say, I refuse to be spoken to like that - alive or dead ...

The Shaman
    Lil Jake the one who had remained silent for most of the interdiction. It was clear why he didn't say much it was hard to understand the words that came out of his mouth. Maybe it was because his jaw had been broken so many times in fights.

Lil Jake: "Yo wan me to punch tha bitch in mouf fo speaking outa line Mike?"

With that Lil Jake raised his fist and shook it then and gave Charlene a grin. The first five teeth on his upper pallet where missing as well as few random one's on the bottom. He resembled a hockey player more than a gangster.

Mike: "Shut ep Little Jake. You know you aren't to hit women no matter how big of a mouth they got."

Johny: "Yeh the last one kicked you square in the nuts. Ya pissed blood for two weeks rememba."

Johny chuckled to himself as he was slightly amused by his joke of pissing blood. Cause that was all a vampire could piss if he could piss at all. No one else seemed to laugh though so his enjoyment came to a quick end.

Mike: "As for you mister dreggs we treat are guest how we choose. So don't run yo mouth and keep the child in check."

Mike then turned his attention momentarily to Charlene.

Mike: "As for you common respect around here for a bird it is to show us her tits. Well if she is of the mortal variety anyway, we aren't interested in yo saggy dead ones. I would watch your tongue if I were you tho. I don't take offense to it though but my associates might and go crying to the boss. Are boss ran this city once and will run it again one day. Now you and Jason take a seat or go find yourself a meat bag to drink off, you look peekish. I suggest a fresher one, less amount of disease and narcotics in there stream."

Jason Dreggs
    Jason looked as if he was going to jump over the table and pop Lil Jake in the mouth. His fist was clinched so tight it looked paler then normal and he was gritting his teeth. Jason didn't like threats to women, vampire or not. He started to relax as Mike told him to shut up and Johny told his horrible joke that Jake seemed to think was funny.

"Yes well where I come from if you don't treat your guests with a little respect they leave. Now I'm guessing since you called me here you don't want me to leave until you have said your piece."

With that Jason cautiously sat down next to Johny across from Mike. He moved enough into the booth so Charlene could have a place next to him if she wished to sit. Although he could see the hunger in her eyes so he didn't force her to sit. He would let her make her own choice on what she wanted to do, so long as it wasn't killing anyone.

"So what meaningless task does your Boss offer me tonight?"

Charlene Briggs
    So I bit my tongue for Jason's sake really. I knew that continuing the fight was a bad call and at least my posturing got me noticed, and not in a horrible way. They would still continue to treat me like shit since I am a young Vampire, but at least they know there is some spark to this Bird. Hrmph.

Unfortunately, the lead Vamp was right. Peckish? No. Try more on the verge of starving. I could just get something at the bar but if I'm supposed to learn to blend it with the mortals, I might as well practice my endearing charms to the masses. I need to control my powers. What better place to begin then this place that has people in it that have an inkling of what's going on.

I lean in so that Jason can hear. He is rather distracted by the conversation. "Goin' to get something to eat."

If there is an issue, I'll feel Jason's panic. He's the guy that made me who I am now. Because of that, we have a unique bond and don't tell him this, but it comforts me in way - having your very own Dark Protector... Anyway...

My head lifts up and I glance around the bar, not eying the girls that work here. I want someone from the crowd itself. Most of the people here wouldn't be a challenge, they know what their getting into and realize that this is a place where Vampires come to hang. Still, something about feeding off of a stripper gives me the creeps. I dunno, maybe it's because they are too willing to do it in a place like this.

I walk purposefully through the bar, eying my surroundings and potentials that might make this experience palatable. I mean, as much as I drop the F bombs and act like an uncultured sloth, I do have my refined moments. This would be one of them. This is a person I'm stealing their blood from. I don't want it to be some half forgotten snack when I'm done, ya know?

I feel like I'm gliding across the floor, adjusting myself so fluidly that I don't even knock elbows with anyone or even brush up against a chair or table. My body just seems to know how to do it. Rather nice. I hate to spill a drink on me. Talk about fucking up the moment right?

I'm about five tables away from where Jason is when I notice a rather endearing profile of a young woman smiling. I think that's what caught my attention, a real smile, not some flirtatious fake teeth that just wanted to moan for the whole night. When she pushed back red head behind her ear exposing an ivory neck, my mouth began to water as the rhythmic pounding of the pulsating vein hypnotized me, freezing my feet to the ground. I was aroused and thirsty all at the same time.

When I was able to shift my eyes just barely, I noticed she was here having fun with her group of friends. If I had to guess, she wasn't completely aware of what this Club was for. She seemed too pure and innocent. Don't ask me why I think this, I just do. Her friends are giggling and slamming a few shots down. She's distracted by their mutual conversation but something compels her to look in my direction. Maybe she felt I was staring? Maybe I made her turn her head by my thoughts? I really don't give a fuck honestly now because not only is she looking this way, she is looking at me. Her thin face isn't caked with make-up. Just some mascara to heighten her gorgeous green eyes. Freckles peppered her cheeks lightly... Damn I got good vision. Wouldn't normally see that in this kind of lighting. I find my face dipping into a smirk as she smiles timidly, which forced her dimples to appear. She blushes and turns away as her friends lean in closer to gossip about me. All I can see now are three heads bobbing with laughter and curiosity.

I wonder....

I cock my head like a puppy and see if I can listen. I focus on the table and on their faces...

"... drink! Seriously!"

"Oh Diane, please. I'm no good at this." Ah, it is her voice. She's shy. I like that even more. It means more confirmation that she is real, but then I begin to wonder, should I really be doing this to some innocent girl? It would be kinda shitty of me right? But her soft voice is alluring. Shit. Failing now.

"I get the walking up to a complete stranger part is tough, but trust me, I think you'll enjoy this one."

"What makes you think that?"

"I just have a hunch, Clara."

And now I have a name. I like it. More then I should. I think her friends know what place this is.

"Go on. Just ..."

I stop myself from hearing the rest of the conversation and retreat to the bar itself. Not in a mad panic, I don't want to scare the group of women, but just to be somewhere else and not so close to Clara's presence. I wanted to have her but I was torn with the realization that she has been untouched. My sense of hunger and sense of humanity were waging war. It was best to just sit here and calm myself with a drink and sate my appetite, much to my dismay. Ugh. This fucking sucks!
    Last edited by Charlene Briggs; Sep 15th, 2009 at 12:25:22 PM.

Jason Dreggs
    Charlene spoke into Jason ear and he just gave her a nod of approval. He like her was hungry but he had learned how to deal with the pain. So he could endure it for a few more hours at least as he listen to the men across from him and whatever they had to say. Jason watched her walk a few steps away before he turned his attention back to the others.

"So what does Al want of me?"

As the men started to think on how to best word the proposition Jason started to feel an overwhelming emotion. It was like the emotion he got when he was mortal and saw a girl he really liked. That emotion where a lump would form in the throat as you scrambled for words to say. Then you got the words but the lump would prevent you from speaking as the girl just passed by you as if you were not there.

The men at the table started to speak but Jason wasn't listening he was in deep thought on this feeling. It wasn't that he didn't feel because he did but he hadn't felt exactly this way in a long time. That lump never came to him anymore as his vampire charm would bring anyone he wanted to him. As he was thinking the emotion changed to one of terror and fear.

Jason was feeling it eating at him but he didn't understand it enough to control it. What the heck was with all this emotion flooding him it was as if he were still very young and could barely differentiate from who he use to be and what he was now. Then finally there was a bit of a release and Jason shook away cobwebs as he looked to Mike.

"What were you saying?"

Charlene Briggs
    Since this place is rocking tonight, I wait on my stool, tapping a nervous finger against the bar counter. I'm glad that there were enough people around to block the reflective imagines inside the mirror on the wall across from me because I don't think I could take seeing her face again. Not now at least. I'm still wired from my compulsion but it's starting to subside. Albeit very slowly. Oh good! The thumping in my ears stopped. Not being privy to their conversation helped. Clara's voice was like velvet. So alluring. I ...

Fucking hell! Stop it Charlene. You came over here to get away from the senses that were making you an idiot. Not ...

"Here you go Miss."

The bartender placed a drink in front of me. A Bloody Mary of all things. Wait. No... I sniff the drink carefully and smell the metallic hint of blood. I wondered who ordered this. Jason? The goons at the meeting?

"Hel ... Ah hello?"

I'm frozen stiff. That voice. So timid and unsure, yet intoxicating just the same. It was her's. Combined with the aroma of blood, I'm on the verge of jumping off the cliff. I want to push her against the bar and ravage her neck so I may feed upon her and explore her body with wandering hands.

Shit.

Too much time has passed without a confirmation of her presence. I heard the inaudible sigh and the slight shifting of sandals that marked a departure. I needed to recover quickly. No! I should let her go. It would be safer for her.

"Hello to you too." I could hear the sultry smile in my voice as I turned to meet her. She eagerly locked eyes briefly to make sure I wasn't just being nice and saw genuine pleasure towards her.

"I don't ... normally do this."

Her sincerity made me smile even more. "Neither do I actually," I reply honestly.

"Really?" Relief washed over her face. "I'm glad. I wasn't sure since..."

"I walked away?" I reply, finishing her sentence with a slight shift of my eyes, knowing that I was right. She blushed in confirmation.

"Yeah. My friends thought you needed a little encouragement. So," she looked past my shoulder to my drink. My head turns to follow.

I chuckle, "How did you know my drink of choice?"

Her head lowers, shyness overtaking her. "My friends."

"Really?" I say with a purr to my voice as I lean in closer. She doesn't back way. God I'm being terrible. I can't help it. I want this to happen.

"They said you looked like a person that would enjoy the Bloody Mary House Special."

I laugh. "How observant of them. They've been here before?" I already had my suspicions from earlier. This was just her confirming them.

"Yeah. They've been wanting to take me here for a long time. I finally caved."

She tucked her hair behind her ear again and I stiffened visibly in the chair. It was Clara's unconsciousness doing that gesture physically while she was nervous. "I'm glad you did. I'm Charlene."

Blue eyes widened with renewed purpose. Being this close, I could see the scars of rejection reflected within them. "I'm Clara."

"It's a pleasure," I say and then there was silence between us. Not uncomfortable either. During the course of the conversation she had moved against the bar counter, her belly scant inches away from my knees. I had found a comfortable position with my left arm resting on top of the counter. We shared the silence gladly, for it was her time to examine my features closely, since she was not gifted with the impeccable sight my condition offered. I was content with lusting after her quietly, but then the silence was about to go into the awkward zone. I had noticed what she was drinking earlier and flagged down the bartender. She looked at me curiously.

"Another Long Island Ice Tea for the Lady."

Her body jerked in surprise. "Wait, my turn. How did you know?"

I coyly turn to face her, "I may have seemed nervous, but I was keenly observant as to what a certain beautiful lady was drinking with her friends."

Her face turned the color of her hair. I had stunned her speechless. The quiet was broken by the return of the bartender.

"Here ya go."

I pulled out more then enough bills to cover the drink and tip before grabbing both of the drinks. I was on the verge of standing but I had to make sure where this was going. "Want to find a quieter spot to talk more? It's rather loud here."

For me doubly so. The music and the cheering forced us to speak up so the other could hear. Course, I didn't really need Clara to, she just did it out of habit. I mean, who wouldn't need a louder voice to carry across over the noise?

She was too shy to say anything, merely gave me permission with a timid nod of her head.

I slid off the stool and led Clara to the backroom since there wasn't a booth to be had. Even with the small amount of time that had passed, the club had swelled with patrons. The only free spot we had was at the bar and that wasn't conducive to what I wanted to do. So it had to be the backroom, unfortunately.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Clara looking back to her friends for some encouragement. I wondered if she was going to back down and walk away. To be fair, the backroom did carry a certain connotation, but it could also be used for some open space away from the crowded main room. I was happy to see her still walking next to me, and not as slowly.

She was shorter then me by about a inch, so I had to lean forward only a tad to see her face as we approached the red curtains. She merely smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. But she then surprised me by grabbing my arm - carefully though to not spill the drinks. I felt her warm breath against my ear which shivered my already cold skin. My fangs slowly began to take shape. Shit, shit, shit!!!

"I trust you. I don't know why, but I do."

I wasn't purposefully using my abilities, so I can only allude that I was doing it subconsciously. My supernatural presence was merely enhancing my charm in order for her to come with me willingly. Part of me was curious if I was enhancing feelings already manifested with her as well. If that were true, I would feel better about this.

Well I did make me feel better enough to have my fangs return to hiding as the Bouncer opened the curtains for the two of us. I waved Clara inside, allowing her to go first and I afforded one last look towards Jason. I couldn't see him at all anymore because of the crowd. Out of idiotic human habit, I let out a reflexive exhale and ducked into the backroom hoping that I am able to control the animal that is wanting to escape and devour this poor woman ...
    Last edited by Miranda Tarkin; Sep 12th, 2009 at 01:27:45 PM.

The Shaman
    Mike just gave Jason a scowl as he asked him to repeat what he had just said. Mike didn't like to have to repeat himself and it was disrespectful not to listen. Mike gave a wink to lil Jake who reached across the Table and slugged Jason in the jaw.

Mike: "Learn ta listen boh or I will have Jake pull out his pliers and work you over."

Johny: "Yeah listen, stop get distracted by the silicone."

Jake laughed at Johnies remark as he kissed his fist he had just hit Jason with. He wanted to hit the anarch again for good measure but only if mike would let him of course.

Mike: "enough for now Jake maybe he will listen now."

Jason Dreggs
    Jason was still feeling the after effects of the overwhelming emotion as he got slugged in the face by little Jake. He dang near fell out of the both from the powerful hook. Jason was slightly confused and dazed at first how such a big man could reach clear across the table and slug him without even shaking the table. It was remarkable Jason thought as he shook away the daze. He then sat back up the mark already having disappeared from his face.

Being a vampire had its benefits getting hit with a fist it didn't hurt as long and the marks never lasted. Jake could have punched Jason all day and the pain and marks would only last mere seconds. Yet still it had gotten his attention and shook away those emotions he was feeling. That and whatever the pliers where for Jason did not want to find out.

"My apologies, could you be so kind as to repeat what you where telling me?"

Jason started to feel those emotions plus some new ones creeping up in the back of his mind. Yet instead of thinking on them he thought about the pliers and what lil Jake might do with them. It was just enough to push those emotions to the back of his mind and keep him focused. He did take one look around the room though to see if he could spot Charlene but she was lost to the crowd.

Charlene Briggs
    Minus the stripper pole behind me, the place wasn't that bad. Ok, it's not the kind of ambiance that one would really like in getting to know someone, but these backrooms were created to be quickly used by any Vamps that wanted a snack. Least it was clean and the chairs comfortable. Clara was stiff on the couch in front of me, obviously nervous. I was too, and I think she picked up on it a little. The way my eyes kinda strayed away from her own - course could just say I was trying to hide my guilt.

She took a small, quick, sip of her drink and looked up at me with a timid smile. "Are you ok?"

Translation: Am I doing something wrong?

I chuckle and look up, "Yeah. Sorry I sometimes get lost in my own thoughts."

"I see..."

Ok, that was bad to say. "Been a rough couple of months. I've been recuperating from a car accident."

More like being beaten to death by an Immortal, but this was easier to swallow.

"All healed up, just the thoughts are still lingering." I frown, brooding. This was enough to take my mind of my hunger for the time being. "Let's just say someone died that night. Kinda hard to adjust."

"Oh," she held her hand over her mouth, truly sympathetic "I'm sorry. I know it doesn't mean much, but I am. It's not easy to loose someone you care about."

I stiffen and a smirk crosses my face. "How did you know I lost someone? I coulda been the idiot that caused the accident and killed someone."

Clara shook her head and was firm in her observation. "I just know."

She lifted her hand under my cheek and looked like a Doctor examining me. It shocked me back to my primal instincts, her touch. "Your eyes are guilty but not when you were talking about the accident."

My hand wraps around her wrist softly. She flinches but doesn't back away. "How astute of you."

Unconsciously, my hand starts to roam up the length of her arm. Clara stiffens momentarily, but she begins to relax, leaning closer to me so that my hand my rest in the crook of her arm.

My head is swimming. Ivory skin is begging for me to kiss it. I hear the thumping of Clara's heart, the thin layer of sweat wrapping around her fingers felt cool against my skin. I shiver. Then so did she. I think my own presence is delighting her in a fun nervous sort of way.

But then she removes her hand and eyes from upon me. "I'm not normally like this. I'm sorry ..."

And suddenly I was on the couch next to her, which startled her. I'm not really sure how I moved that fast. "Don't be sorry."

She was fixated on where I was sitting, but I let a hand bring her face back towards mine. "I'm not either. I think we're both bumbling through this together."

God I sound like a smooth talking sociopath. I'm disgusted with myself. What's worse is I'm now massaging her cheek and she doesn't pull away. I feel myself stirring higher in my chair and coming closer towards her. "You can stop me at any time ..."

Please, tell me to stop Clara. Please...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast