OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

TV V - (ABC, mid-season 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjPQjQGdbU

Somehow this slipped right on under the radar to me until now. A re-imagined V is slated for (I think) four seasons, starting mid 09-10 along with LOST. It looks really good.

I liked the original, and this looks similar enough without being a cookie-cutter remake with the same characters. I'm excited!

oh what a tangled web I weave

"Slim" Joel Ranes
    I haven't seen the original, but the new trailer looks... interesting.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Go watch the original.

Terrific 80s miniseries sci-fi. The ending is a little meh, but its a Great show. I watched it about a year and a half ago when I was pregnant and sick. Course that made the LIZARD BABY extra horrific, even if it did look like a rubber doll. Actually, that might have made it worse.

That gave me goosebumples, a little. Pity I don't watch much TV.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Original scared the crap out of me as a kid. Made me laugh a few years ago when I saw it on cable. =) Reboot looks interesting.

Vipul Chandrashekar
    Fuck Yes Fuck Yes Fuck Yes Fuck Yes

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!

I remember watching that show with my mom when I was younger. Guess I'll end up watching this one too...

Cam Montegue
    Ooooh. Ooooh.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

I remember finding it on some old tapes when I was a kid and enjoying it. Hopefully I'll enjoy this.

Vipul Chandrashekar

Interview with a Visitor

Anna addresses Earth

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A hundred years, just hanging out, feeling guilty. Really honed my brooding skills.
    AKA
    JC
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darth Lykaios PSN ID: Lykaios
    Sweeeeeeetness!

I followed the original religiously every week. Hopefully this will not disappoint.

It looks great maybe it will work out like Battlestar Galtica did and give us a great re-imagining. The original miniseries was great but it started going down hill in V-the Final Battle, although you had to love Michael Ironside in it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

I was a huge fan of this show when I was a kid, I even watched and rewatched the infamous weekly TV episodes (which were terrible btw, just stick to the miniseries and TFB). This new show looks great, award winning writer, the cast picks are excellent, and the reviews of the pilot are very good.

Personally, this is by far the most exciting TV series announcement for years. I waited for this to happen for 2 decades. The original miniseries had a great concept and characters with compelling story elements, but it really aged. When they dropped K. Johnson for TFB, the quality started to drop, and when it turned into weekly episodes, it really jumped the shark. Which was a shame, because there was so much potential in there.

I think a revitalised modern version of the V - TV series will be good, not only for a new generation of viewers, but for the fans as well. The new producers have respect for Johnson's ideas, yet they are cutting all the 80s cheese and making it more realistic. I feel this could be the next successful scifi remake after BSG.

This is a site I follow for news and updates on the show:
    http://www.visitorsite.net/

stevenvdb
    This ought to be interesting. From what I have seen of the original, I don't think anyone is going to go too bananas over any liberties with the story or plot contrivances - it's not an auteur piece.

There's a lot of potential shtick material here to play with. heh.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

What on EARTH are you people on??? The Original V was pure unadulterated crap, why the love for it???? Okay so the original BSG was also complete garbage too so a reimagining has a good chance of working.

Randall Rudd
    The original miniseries and to some extent TFB were actually pretty good stories conceptually. There's some period hokiness from being dead in the 80's, but it's a pretty chilling Nazi allegory. The weekly series was hilariously campy, but give credit where credit is due.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Rudd View Post
    The original miniseries and to some extent TFB were actually pretty good stories conceptually. There's some period hokiness from being dead in the 80's, but it's a pretty chilling Nazi allegory. The weekly series was hilariously campy, but give credit where credit is due.
    The thing is that no credit is due. It was not chilling in the slightest - it was just plain bad, even for the 80's, with was one amazingly awful period of TV history. And people wonder why I chose around about that time to not watch TV on principle anymore?

V is just another wrongly "fondly" remembered nostalga trip - which was naueous at best when new.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Well I know nothing about the original V series in any of its incarnations but this looks fantastic. There's nothing more satisfying to me as a viewer than sci-fi when its done well and this is very promising. And Anna! Who wouldn't trust that face!?

Randall Rudd
    Dru I know for certain this is right up your alley. You'll love the hell out of it.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast