Thread: The Ko Report - Edition #6 - Rhianna

Information The Ko Report - Edition #6 - Rhianna

Q & A with - RHIANNA, Jedi Padawan

When one thinks of the Jedi - a calm and noble spirit is often imagined. One pictures a person of grace and patience with a strength that can be recognized even behind a soft and kindly demeanor. This is how I have always perceived Rhianna. As you will see for yourself by her thoughtful responses to questions that even I admit, are not easy to answer; Questions about the role of the Jedi and the foundations of some of the Jedi dogma can be difficult and politically inflamatory given our Empire-dominated galaxy, yet Rhianna supplies us with a point of view that is optimistic and reasonable.

Rhianna is a character that has been around for many years but still maintains a certain elusiveness, as do many of the Jedi. No doubt that is simply because the Jedi in general are forced to move in such a way as to effect others for good while exposing oneself or their loved ones as little as possible to the ever-present danger of capture by the Empire. It is a difficult balance and one Rhianna, the Gypsy Jedi, has been learning to master over time.

Where is your home planet?

In my native tongue we called it, Dhomanda A'lainn -The Beautiful World. It will be more commonly recognized now, particularly to the Imperials who have claimed it, as RX-271, in the Outer Rim.

Have you made a new home elsewhere for yourself, or do you still feel a little transplanted?

Home is where your heart is! Isn't that what the wise ones say? We have not been able to settle in one place for very long for safety reasons. Cavernous lands with wind swept razor-grass, and city-ships floating in the skies of landless planets have been two of our dwelling places. Not exactly what I would define as home, but we were together and there was the hope of someday finding a more permanent residence. It is a hope I still cling to.

Do you see the Jedi as a great hope for the galaxy or a great divider?

I think that the Jedi, like any other facet of nature must learn to grow and bend with time. With tolerance for new beliefs and opinions of other potential followers, the old wisdom can combine with the new and together they will be able to do much for the galaxy.

Can the Jedi come back in any number and resume a place of influence and leadership in the galaxy again, do you think?

Yes. I believe that whispers of their return to the galaxy, and the noble example set up by those who have been taken, will be enough to stir the minds of others, possibly those still in hiding and those who have not yet begun their training, to step forward and band together.

The Jedi Code called for a selfless life, no attachments of the romantic kind. Do you think this is a fair restriction? And if so, to what gain?

I understand that this was a common part of their lives, before. For myself, I cannot agree with this, no matter how badly I would like to try, or what promises I may have made. Many of the people of my home world were sensitive to the Force, we called this the Abhairt Saoil, the Life Giver. A divine presence who held all of nature in balance. Bountiful summer and barren winter. Prey and hunter. Each of us is but half of a whole. There was no shame, and there were no restrictions on following the Wheel of Life and finding someone to love. It was encouraged to share your life with the one who was your mate.

- Denying this in favor of following strict rules to the contrary, has often been the source of confusion for me. Trying to become what I am not has interfered with my visions and training upon occasion.

What one quality does it take to be a successful Jedi?

Goodness. Even the very small, and the physically weak can influence peace and harmony. Strength, wisdom and power can all be used for light or dark, but goodness permeates the soul.

What one quality will disqualify a person as a Jedi?

Hate. Even though I was wronged by the Imperials who stole my family from me, I cannot hate them. I can only pity their small understanding of life. It seems they see their gain, material possession and conquest as primary importance and that they have no concept that one day it will all be ashes and dust. What will remain is the devastation and pain they create, and they will have to face judgment for that on their own. Hate corrupts, twisting a person into an instrument of the will of the darkness with or without the Force.

What is your greatest fear?

Losing those I love, attachment being forbidden or not.

Which is better - A good book or a night out dancing?

Dancing of course, I am a gypsy! Though I suppose it depends on who you are dancing with!

What is your most prized possession?

I do not have any possessions really. I would have to answer my memories of my home. I often miss the land and my family, my older brother in particular so much that I feel as though he is still alive somewhere, waiting for me.

What is your greatest indulgence?

Aside from stealing the occasional gummi ewok from Wyl? Probably my feelings for Morgan. Even if I am not free to act on them, they are there nonetheless.

Do you have a Jedi teacher/Master?

Serena Laran, a Jedi Knight from before the Purge who was living in exile on my home planet. She was there when my family was slaughtered by the Empire and saved me when I had been shot. In my time since then she has begun to teach me what I had forgotten.

Do you believe in fate?

Absolutely without question. You can either fight your destiny, or embrace it.

What is your greatest regret?

Not continuing the training I started as a child, with my grandmother. Perhaps if I had, my family would now be alive?

Who is your greatest enemy or nemesis?

I do not have an enemy with a face to name. I will say that it is my great hope that the Rebellion will continue to oppose the domination that is the Empire and that war will one day be replaced with peace.

What is your best feature?

Morgan would say my legs. I'm going to go with my smile. I've been told I have one of those winning smiles that set people at ease instantly.

Who is your closest friend?

Morgan Evanar - followed not so many paces behind by Wyl Staedler, fellow treasure seeker, cave explorer, and future pilot.

What is the funniest word to you in your native language?

Cumann. Believe it or not this is our word for love, or romance. I think something is lost in the translation though..

What phrase do you overuse?

I often tell a certain party that his driving is craiceáilte. Crazy.

Who is the one person you would most like to meet?

I had not given this question any prior thought! Hmm, I would like to better know Adia Issoris.

Of what accomplishment are you the most proud?

I am proud of myself for keeping true to the teachings of my people, The Tincéir. Blending their wisdom with the lessons of the Jedi, who I was and who I am becoming resonates well with the Force, and feels most natural to me.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

I hope to be a more advanced Jedi, training others who have a kinship with the Force and creating new guardians of peace for this galaxy.

What is your favorite quote?

Let there be beauty and strength,
    power and compassion,
    honor and humility,
    mirth and reverence within you.

A Tincéir saying..

Recent threads:

Run
    Panic Now, Avoid the Rush
    Cave Raiders: The Epic Adventures of Wyl and Rhianna

**Rhianna has no Wiki page at present.

Fashionably yours, Dakoto Gue - SWF Correspondent
    Last edited by Dakota Gue; May 6th, 2009 at 07:45:36 PM.