Thread: The latest entry in "Saddest News of the Day"

Link The latest entry in "Saddest News of the Day"

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/02/13...on_plays_v.php
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2238252.ece
    INNOCENT-eyed Alfie Patten spent his first night acting as a 13-year-old dad and declared: “It was easier than I thought.”

The four-footer — who looks no more than eight — said: “I know I’m young, but I plan to be a good dad.”
    As he went on the PlayStation with 15-year-old girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, he added: “I think we’ll be good parents. I’ll have to work extra hard at school.”
    I think I died a little bit inside when I read this. A 12 year old knocking up a 15 year old?! WHERE ARE THE PARENTS! THEIR parents?!

There is a curse.
    They say: May you live in interesting times.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    It's the pictures that really drive it home. The look in his eyes

Xavier Synik
    What... The... Fuck....

Other then that I'm pretty much speechless at that.

He's just a baby himself.

That child should be up for adoption, or adopted by the girl's mother... No one in their right might should let a 13 yr old boy play at being a father.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MiriyaCailis Steam ID: Gyndar
    WTF.

That's pretty much all my brain can come up with.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Video games made them do it.

Feral
    I thought it was the internet.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    wth.. babies having babies indeed..

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ever seen a Phoenix that rose from the ashes of a cigar?

You have now!
    AKA
    Kraken
    The girl was 14 when the baby was concieved. A case of early hormones kicking in a bit early, it seems. Parents could have done more to prevent this, now it's up to them to ensure that the two teens and their baby are raised and provided for as needed and beyond.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    I don't want to start a big discussion here but you know that in some cultures it is completly normal to have children at this age and as long as those kids get enough support from their parents and the society their child could grow up without prejudice.

Not to long ago it was completly normal that sometimes the child and his aunt were of the same age.
    Giving the child away for adoption is certainly not a bad idea but the question is if the girl would not feel guilty for the rest of her life because she "abonded" her child.

On the other hand it is without a doubt the parents fault that their children had sex at that age and that they did not use contraception. But the deed is done and now they have to take responsability for their and their children's actions.

Oh and Tear is absolutly right Video Games made them do it!!!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    The funniest (or saddest, depending on which way you look at it) part is that... about eight other kids have come forward claiming that this girl was having sex with them too, so there is going to be (or has been?) a paternity test.

I'm reclutant to put any faith in The Sun as a source, but this article about how much they will be able to claim in government benefits is shocking and totally creepy (she would be his MOTHER?):

“He could not be recognised as Chantelle’s partner in the eyes of the law because he is only 13. But once she is over 16, she would be in a position to act as his mother.

“If she assumes that role, she would become eligible for all the benefits that go with it.”

Chantelle would qualify for housing benefit and £33.20 a week child benefit for her baby and boyfriend, plus income support.

Alfie’s mum Nicola would have to give up the handout because only one “carer” can claim it.

The welfare source added: “The young woman would be treated in much the same way as a single mother of two.”
    Don't encourage them. Put the baby up for adoption or something.

The parents are disgusting because they have to be the ones who got in touch with The Sun etc to sell the story. But I suppose at least now they should have enough money to feed the baby Greggs pasties and Happy Meals every day for a couple of years.

Fact for you: Sunderland (city just next to where I live) has the highest teen pregnancy rate in all of Europe.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    The funniest (or saddest, depending on which way you look at it) part is that... about eight other kids have come forward claiming that this girl was having sex with them too, so there is going to be (or has been?) a paternity test.
    If you put your finger in a circular saw can you tell me which teeth it was...?

Let's hope that the actual father is a little bit older.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I really hope this kid isn't the father

Already some journalists are speculating that this kid isn't really the father at all - they just claimed so they could get some easy cash from publications/networks trying to buy the story.

Certainly possible in light of all the other boys claiming they are the real father.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ever seen a Phoenix that rose from the ashes of a cigar?

You have now!
    AKA
    Kraken
    I'm curious as to whether or not the other kids stepped forward claiming to be the father before or after the mention of money and benefits was made. So far the only one stepping up to be a responsible parent is the 13 year old, of course he's also a little young to know what he's getting into. I can just see him trying to deal with the baby at three years old when he's 16 and undergoing all the awesome teenage mood swings and such and such.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    It's pretty safe to say that the others potential fathers stepped forward after the story was sold to the papers. It's all about the money.