Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Again ...

Soolin Anjhurin

Jedi Here We Go Again ...

:: Soolin and Vishan danced back to back as their lightsabres deflected a steady rain of blaster fire. They were ridding the town of Trandoshan Slavers, but they didn't anticipate the numbers that came surging at them as they were flanked on open ground. Some of the slavers were on foot, and some where on gun mounted swoops ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A radiation wave hit and I got shot through a wormhole. Lost in some distant part of the universe on a forum - a roleplaying forum - full of strange alien life forms. Help me!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Dani
    Vishan deflected two blaster bolts with a sideways stance and then spun his lightsaber around to deflect another stray shot from behind.

"Ah'll admit!"

One of the swoops was closing in fast and the Padawan shifted his weight around to square off with the mounted Trandoshan.

"Dis might've been ah bit more den Ah expected!"

The swoop open fired, and he remained unscathed, sending enemy fire back at the Slavers and killing one Trandoshan on foot in the process. As the swoop careened around the Jedi duo, Vishan cleaved off the directional thrust nozzle and watched the swoop spin out of control and crash into the ground, exploding upon impact.

It was supposed to be a nice simple friendly favor for the people of Olot, on the planet Elom. Save the trapped citizens captured by the Trandoshans, who were to be sold to the Empire. Soolin was wary about the ease at which Vishan had thought this mission would go, and a caravan of seven aliens turned triple that amount.

He had to thank Soolin for the grueling training sessions they had over the last few months, helping him to prepare for moments like these. Slowly his mind was letting go of the mundane and realizing there was an endless world of possibilities with the Force. His lightsabre lessons had improved exceedingly well since a barrier of his unconsciousness had been let go during his training on Felucia. He had learned to extend his senses outward, increase his own physical abilities thrice fold, and maintain a sand panthers balance during his spars with Soolin.

Course, the four story fall off one of the mushrooms probably knocked some sense into him too ... Damn slippery mushrooms.
    Last edited by Vishan Korogoth; Dec 6th, 2008 at 10:41:54 AM.

Grimya
    :: Grimya, for her part, was drawing fire by scampering and distracting, zigging this way, zagging that way. with a mighty charge, she leapt and tackled a Trandoshan that flanked Vishan. The reptile hissed and gurgled as she broke it's neck in her jaws ::

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Soolin's eyes narrowed at the horde, and she broke into a suicide run, cutting her way clear as she rushed towards an oncoming swoop. Force leaping upwards, she landed in a crouch on front of the swoop. The rider croaked in awe, right before she pulped his face with a force-enhanced punch. She leapt away as the swoop tumbled end over end, and she planted like a gymnast as it blew up against a rocky outcrop ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A radiation wave hit and I got shot through a wormhole. Lost in some distant part of the universe on a forum - a roleplaying forum - full of strange alien life forms. Help me!

AKA
    Dani
    That left nine Trandoshans on foot and one swoop. Vishan made ready for a defensive counter, but one didn't come. The swoop swung around and picked up one of his buddies and started to make a break for it. The other eight were caught in indecision.

"Soolin! We can't let'em escape! They'll warn th' Empire 'bout us!" He broke into a sprint, but not quite the blur his Master could be. He was still much faster then the stunned Trandoshans who just had their blaster rifles cut in two, before the Padawan clocked them in the head with the hilt of his lightsaber.

Two more down.

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Oddly, they were starting to retreat. Soolin hit one in the chest with a leaping spinning heel kick that cracked it's solar plexus, then went after the others in hot pursuit ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    There were five left. Three opened fired at Soolin, who was making a break for it in an attempt to catch up with that swoop. The other two laid down some serious blaster fire to keep Vishan separated from his Master. He was pinned down and had to stop. It was too much for him to try anything offensive. All of his concentration had to be sustained on blocking the bolts speeding at him.

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Just as Soolin reached the swoop, she was entangled by a net gun and surrounded by the remaining Trandoshans, who regrouped to beat her into submission ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    His eyes flashed in concern, feeling Soolin in danger. A new sense of urgency overtook the Padawan and his eyes fell into a steely gaze.

Vishan felt his arms come alive on their own accord. He knew it was the Force guiding his actions further as before, but what came over him next was a sensation he had never felt before. In his mind's eye, he could see the very next blaster bolt coming at him as if playing out in slow motion. Each turn of the hand to defend himself was fluid and graceful. It took little effort. Being one step of his opponents gained him a significant advantage, and he was able to close the distance.

Right arc, deflect and sweep: The first Trandoshan lost a leg and cried out in pain before falling. One step forward to dodge the vibroknife, Vishan turned and sliced the second Trandoshan across the chest, midway through his body. His insides had disintegrated where the lightsaber had been and fell over dead.

Grimya
    :: Grimya whined, then snarled, making a beeline straight for the slaver holding the net. She leapt gracefully, paws forward, to knock him down ::

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Soolin rolled, cutting her self free as her sabre sprang to life again. Then the dropship darkened the sky above them as it opened fire ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    He charged at the swoop that was coming around for another pass at Soolin. The Padawan disengaged his weapon and started to flank them and with three well placed hops, he elbowed the Slaver off the back and took his place.

"Heyas!" He grabbed the driver and smashed his face into the steering console. Taking control of the handles, Vishan kicked the brake on and popped the swoop upwards and opened fired at the drop ship.

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Soolin looked up, just to see her impetous companion do the frelling impossible. Somehow, the shot turned the dropship into a tumbling, burning, heap that crashed to the ground. The ground burped, and all she could do was watch in disbelief as he came around for a landing ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    As the swoop hoovered in the air, Vishan could only think he hit the engines before the shields got up all the way. It was a bulky rectangular ship that didn't look much bigger then a Jawa Transport, but it had some defenses. Then again, who would have thought Vishan would take over the swoop and open fire?

In awe of his own handiwork, the Padawan came down for a landing and slid off the swoop, the former pilot still slung over the side like trophy. "Um," he started, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, "Nice shot huh?"

Soolin Anjhurin
    :: Soolin was still in awe at the antics before finally uttering words ::

"You are crazy."

:: Then she laughed in spite of herself and put her sabre away ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Heh, guess some o'tha' ol' crazy pilot in me came back," he said apologetically, but then brightened up in a smile when his Master started laughing. She had a really pretty laugh that wasn't privy too all that often.

"Well," he coughed and got the conversation back on track, "Least th' Slavers won't be 'ere fer awhile. They need some serious resources ta git back up an' running again befer they try 'ere again. If they t'ink it's worth it."

Soolin Anjhurin
    "I think we should go now."

:: She pat him on the shoulder as Grimya rejoined them ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Yeah," Vishan kicked the unconsciousness Trandoshan off the swoop and mounted it. "What're we gonna do wit the live ones?"

Soolin Anjhurin
    "Put them in the lock up. I have questions."

:: She signaled the Rocinante through the com and started gathering up the prisoners ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    There were four survivors and one by one, Vishan grabbed the Trandoshan prisoners, hauled the dead weight over his shoulder, and threw them in the cage. They were a lot heavier then they looked and the Padawan had a nice layer of sweat glistening his face and causing his shirt to stick to his chest from the effort.

He flew the swoop in gentle over the cargo ramp and put it in park. With a few modifications and some polishing, it would be a nice transport vehicle for the two of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast