Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Circle Circle Dot Dot...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG
    ...my daddy smells like wine

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Circle Circle Dot Dot...

Zem had said to stay put; that he would return soon. But the room he had rented for them was so boring! There weren't any color books, no toys anywhere to be seen, and certainly no food. Not even any games. The holo was only interesting for a while, but it wasn't long before even that became boring. She was stuck. There wasn't any way she'd disobey Zem, but the temptation to go out exploring was high.

Teagan sat forlornly upon her small bed, staring at the far wall. A look out the window beside her wasn't much better.

Why did Cloud City have to be so boring? Weren't there any other places they could go that were more fun?

Fishing through her pockets, the little girl pulled out a single crayon and a marble... nothing to make her wait any more fun, that was for sure.

She gave a pout that no one saw, and with a grand sigh she let herself fall back to stare at the ceiling.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    It was pretty clear that no one was going to conveniently leave a skycab unattended anytime soon. Wyl knew this because he'd been watching a little hub of the parked transports intently for the last twenty minutes. Beyond taking short breaks to smoke, the pilots were never far from their 'cabs and even while enticing passers-by to charter a fare, they were painfully aware of their vehicles.

So much for trying to sneak a spin behind the wheel.

The boy sighed and leaned back against the building. He squinted up at Serena, who was talking lowly on her comm to Daria. He'd already spoken to his master, telling her about what he'd been doing while she was gone and dutifully answering her queries into his well-being. Now he was waiting while the two Jedi spoke about important things - which meant he wasn't supposed to listen.

He wished Morgan and Rhianna would get back from the market. They always had fun ideas.

Wyl turned to tug on Serena's sleeve to ask if he could explore one of the little shops around them, when he overheard Daria. The particular tone to her voice made his ears perk. Wyl dropped his hand.

...He's traveling with a young one, perhaps his apprentice, though I'm unsure...

The boy's eyes grew round. Daria had been very vague about having come into contact with other Force-users. She certainly hadn't mentioned that there was a kid!

"Master Serena," Wyl whispered loudly, tapping her on the arm. She smiled faintly at him and shook her head, holding up a waiting hand. Wyl frowned. He waited a few seconds before poking her again and this time was rewarded with a pointed look from the red-headed Jedi.

Well, alright then. Wyl inconspicuously crept closer to the woman as she talked, eavesdropping intently. After a few moments a small smile crept over his face. He glanced up at Serena, bit his lip, and glanced at the pack of skycabs.

He was supposed to stay close. Of course, no one had really specified to whom, had they? Satisfied with his logic, Wyl shoved his hand in his pocket and fingered the modest supply of credits that rested there. The boy motioned to Serena that he was going to go and take a look at the neat little crafts, smiling innocently.

It looked as though he'd be getting that ride after all.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

"Stay here, Tak. I won't be gone long I promise."

She repeated out loud the words that Zem had spoken, hoping that he'd be back soon. Maybe he'd even bring back something to eat with him? The more she thought about that, the hungrier she found herself getting. A bantha burger, or even Ithorian tacos would've been great. Something to make her tummy stop growling.

Rolling the marble between two fingers, Tak sighed again in the hopes that Zem would walk through the door at any moment. What could possibly take so long?! She couldn't stay in here forever... little Lupines needed food and space and things to do! They needed to play games and run around!

She tossed the marble up into the air, catching it as it came down.

She thought about Dama and Daddy, and what they were doing this very moment. Did they miss her as much as she already missed them? She and Zem had left so suddenly that she'd not even been able to say goodbye to Daddy.

A-ha! That's it!

Sliding from the bed, the little girl set about searching the room for paper and a writing pen. She would write Daddy a letter, and tell him that she was sorry for having to leave so quickly, and that she missed him lots already.

One of the nightstands had a small notepad and stylus in it, and grabbing both, Tak scrambled back onto the bed.

Deer Daddy. Im sory I left without saying
    gudby. Dama made me leeve with Zem, and you
    wernt there, so Zem and me left. I miss
    you a bunch. Wen can we be a family again?
    Tell dama I luv her to pleez. Luv, Tak.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    By the time he reached the Stratus Inn, Wyl was in full-on mission mode. His narrow face was drawn into a startlingly intent expression, and he walked into the less-than-stately motel with determined confidence. His face twisted at the sight of the lobby.

The Ugnaught behind the front desk fixed the child with a steely glare. He'd chosen the color-scheme himself, and he was rather proud of the garish purple walls with lime green stenciling. His eyes narrowed as he watched the scamp cross the room and nonchalantly press the lift button.

"'S'broken." He informed the child brusquely. "Can I help you?"

Wyl Staedtler, unfazed by the harsh glance, shook his head. "Nope."

The boy smiled brightly and then, without another word, disappeared up the stairwell, humming. He bounded up the steps two at a time, emerging breathless at the top of the third flight. It had taken some doing to get here, and he still wasn't entirely sure if he was in the exact right place but he had a feeling, and that was more than enough for Wyl.

He eyed the long hallway with it's many doors critically. Which one was it? He couldn't go knocking on all of them, and the little tickle in the back of his head was sort of spread out all over the place, instead of in one direction. Wyl huffed in annoyance and began to walk down the hallway slowly, trying to concentrate.

He had nearly reached the end of the passage when the tingle grew stronger. Wyl stopped. He canted his head to one side and stepped closer to the room on the left. There?

Squaring his shoulders, the boy rapped a cheery tune against the frame.

"Hello, this is," He paused, then licked his lips, "Uh, room service! We have service for you."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Startled at the knock, Tak snapped her head up to look at the door. Room service? What in the galaxy was that? Was it someone coming to clean the room? Or even better yet, was it someone with food? It had to be someone with food. Maybe Zem had told someone to bring her something to eat!

Her letter set aside, Tak hopped from the bed, her bare feet hitting the marginally clean carpeting with only a soft sound.

Whoever was on the other side had better have food for her!

She reached a hand out, palm pressing down on the panel that would open the door.

And when it'd opened, she gave a surprised start at the sight of a boy not much older than she was, standing in front of her.

Her blue eyes wide and her mouth slightly agape, Tak stared at him without a word.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Wyl's tentative smile dropped immediately, and he looked incredulously at the girl.

The girl.

"You're a girl!" He exclaimed indignantly, brows furrowing in outrage. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Tak as though he could will her sex to change by the sheer power of his thoughts. He'd come all this way, snuck all this way, for some dumb chick?

Maybe he had the wrong room. Wyl glanced over Tak's shoulder, hopefully. "Isn't there anyone else with you?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

No food?!

Her initial surprise was now forgotten, and the little girl stuck her hands on her hips while giving him a stern look.

"Of course I'm a girl!"

She narrowed her eyes as well, and as he tried to look past her she moved to block his view. She'd never really been around boys her age before... was this what they were really like?

"I'm here with a Jedi, so you better leave before he comes back."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Wyl stood toe-to-toe with Teagan and glowered, glancing down the hall sharply at her pronouncement.

"Shh! You can't say stuff like that so loud!" He hissed, rolling his eyes. Wyl shook his head and raised his chin proudly. "Besides, so'm I. That's why I'm here, duh."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Not to be outdone, Tak puffed out her chest just a little bit more. He was not much taller than she was, and so she had to angle her head up a tiny bit to glare at his face. At his words that he was a Jedi too, she scrunched up her nose and made a face at him.

"I knew that," she lied angrily.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    "Did not." Wyl replied smugly. He eyed the girl critically for a moment, then shrugged and stuck a hand out.

"The name's Wyl." He said. "Who're you?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Tak looked down at his offered hand, not quite knowing what to do. She blinked, then stared back up at his face.

"Um... "

Tak breathed in and out a few times. He was confusing! Eyeing the hand he held out, she gingerly reached out to take hold of his wrist. Was that how it was done?

"I'm Tak."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Wyl looked down at her small hand on his arm, and then arched one eyebrow and looked back up at Tak. Girls were so weird.

Unless it was some kind of secret code. In which case, he didn't want to look like an idiot. Wyl gently gripped her own wrist and waited to see what she would do next. They stood there, unmoving. Huh.

"O-kaaay. Hi, Tak. That's sorta a funny name." Wyl let go of her and took a step into the room. "What're you guys doin' here, anyway? My master didn't say."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

So she was right! Proud of herself for figuring out his handshake (as weird as it was in the first place), Tak gave a shrug as he came into the room and shut the door behind him.

"I don't know why we're here. We just are."

Moving around him to stand beside one of the few chairs in the room, she pursed her lips while giving him a critical eye.

"And my name is really Teagan. Tak is just my nickname."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    He accepted both explanations readily as he poked about the room, glancing curiously around for anything of interest. It was fairly bare-boned.

"We're here 'cause where we were before wasn't safe anymore." Wyl hopped up to sit on one of the beds, bouncing a bit. "Maybe you're here 'cause of that too."

He glanced over at Tak. "Hey, you wanna come meet everybody?"
    Last edited by Wyl Staedtler; Dec 1st, 2008 at 04:15:33 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Pulling an uncertain face, Tak looked down at her feet while digging at the carpet with her big toe.

"I dunno."

Hands at her sides, she flicked her fingers nervously. She wasn't so sure that she wanted to meet any other people right now. Besides, she was still hungry, and as if to punctuate her last thought, a deep rumbling sounded from her stomach.

A sheepish look was sent his way.

"Well, I am a little hungry... and bored."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    "We can fix that, easy!" Wyl slid off the bed. Come to think of it, his stomach was feeling mighty empty, too. He wouldn't mind rummaging up something to eat.

Tak looked somewhat reluctant though, like she couldn't make up her mind whether this was a good idea or not. Wyl understood. He grinned persuasively, and grabbed the little notebook that was on the bed, carefully flipping the written page over for a blank one.

"Look, we'll leave a note saying that you're with other Jedi. That way no one will worry." He clutched the stylus with business-like certainty. "I don't think I got enough credits for food and another skycab, but we can walk."

"Unless," Wyl glanced up at Tak dubiously. "Can you walk that far?"
    Last edited by Wyl Staedtler; Dec 1st, 2008 at 12:45:22 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Since Wyl was writing a note for Zem, Tak felt better about leaving the confines of the room the older Jedi had told her to stay in. And if Wyl was another Jedi, it'd make it even more okay.

The thought that they were gonna go get something to eat made her grin then, and the little girl moved to where he stood by the bed so she could see what he'd write.

She gave a dismissive wave (like she'd seen Dama do lots of times at Sanis) to his last words.

"I can walk as far as you can."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    Wyl's tongue poked out the side of his mouth as he wrote diligently. He shoved the letter to Tak when he'd finished, waiting for her approval, before propping it up on the nightstand where it would be immediately visible.

Emboldened by the fact that he'd already manoeuvered through the city successfully, Wyl trotted to the door with a jaunty skip in his step. "Let's blow this joint and get some grub."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Tak fanG

Severely impressed by his penmanship, Tak had only given a nod before he'd set it on the nightstand. She would have to ask him to help her with her own shaky handwriting maybe. She could write Bast'yr well enough, but Basic still felt kinda... funny.

Skipping along behind Wyl, the little girl followed him out the door, mindful to make sure she blew a quick breath through the doorway before the door closed. He had said to blow in there, after all.

Tak moved quickly to catch up with him, blue eyes wide as she looked at all the doors they passed.

"Where're we going?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

DragonCon 09
    "T'get food." Wyl chirped, gallantly holding the stairwell door open for Tak. The two children clomped down the stairs and out of the motel.

It was crowded out on the pedwalk. Not as crowded as Coruscant of course, but busy enough that they could get jostled if they weren't careful. Wyl was glad that he was still slight enough to slip in-between limbs. He headed for the nearest holomap.

"Hmm." Wyl tapped his chin thoughtfully before touching the luminous screen with one finger. A list of options appeared, and the boy tapped 'dining and drinks'. The map immediately became dotted with little pulsing lights that indicated the various restaurants and food stalls in the city. Wyl idly trailed his finger along the screen, scanning the legend that had appeared on the right-hand side.

What did girls even eat? He looked at Tak uncertainly. "What do you feel like?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast