Thread: Revenge is a dish best served with fish flavored ice cream - THE DUEL ON DAGOBAH

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sssmoke me a kjipperrr, jI'll be back forrr brrreakfassst!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley

Vs Force Revenge is a dish best served with fish flavored ice cream - THE DUEL ON DAGOBAH

Dagobah

Cirr staked out a small patch of dry land outside of the Black Cat and scratched his head, deep in contemplation. Not exactly the prime spot for socializing, was it? Then again, he wasn't too put off. It had a certain charm about it. The big Cizerack removed his flight jacket and the shirt underneath, exposing his thick and powerful torso. He knitted his brow as all sorts of weird smells, both good and bad, assailed him at once. He was almost put off by it, but decided that spending a day in a walk-in seafood bar of a sort wasn't a terrible idea all at once.

He squatted by the dirty water nearby, caught movement near the surface, and in a flash of motion caught...well....something. It wriggled in his hands and gurgled, and he figured that since it was made of meat, no harm, no foul right?

Eating messily, his ears twitched, and he looked around. Something or somebody was out there, and he suddenly remembered why he was here. But until then, why not pack in a bite to eat, and read a hot starship holomag?

Dagobah is a horrible, misty, swamp of a planet. I brushed underneath an overhanging branch that was dripping with moss, keeping my eyes open for snakes.

Oh did I not mention snakes? Lots of them. Anything that can slither or plop or fly seems to make this dung heap their home.

I straightened my back and adjusted the straps on the pack I was wearing. Looking down at the finder in my hand, I reoriented myself until I was facing the blinking red dot on the screen. I'm not sure what Sassy is trying to teach me by sending me out on some retrieval mission that a granite slug could do, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with another guy.

I heard a rumor she'd invented a job for some guy named Sanits, or Senriss, or who the hell cares, to tangle with the Pride over by Calan. Frelling wonderful. And she sends me to Dagobah. Like I'm being punished for getting a little older.

Walking forward I try to pick my steps carefully as most of the planet seems to be water or swamp, as opposed to solid land. There is a freighter that crashed up ahead, carrying a load of glit and something else. I went over the manifest but the manifest was full of lies anyway so I didn't really think that the freighter was carrying textiles and nerf manure. Maybe there was some high grade ryll in there.

Anyway, Black Sun had lost it. Black Sun wanted it back.

I knew the general area where the ship had gone down, but not a specific location. I was going to tag the hull when I found it, and then the salvage team would come down out of orbit to retrieve the goods. My finder had picked up a concentration of metal, so I was heading towards it.

If my luck held...

I pushed aside some more hanging moss and let a snake slither across my hand. With my luck, of course.

A large Cizerack was shoveling the remains of what looked like a ready-to-eat meal into his mouth, with his back to me. The slight breeze is in my face, so he hasn't detected my scent yet. And the metal? That would be the shuttle the Cizerack had. Frelling great. The scavengers were here already. Hopefully he hadn't found my freighter yet.

I eased the moss back and took a step backwards, but the snake fell off the branch and rustled in the lichens and twigs. I hate snakes.
    Last edited by Kal Olorin; Nov 5th, 2008 at 03:14:21 PM. Reason: ttt

"someone win / someone lose / up's above and down's below
    and limbo's in between / up you win, down you lose / it's anybody's game

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    twitch

Cirr's ears picked up the sound, sorted out of the rest of the ambient jungle noise. He turned around in an instant to see a figure retreating back into the shadows.

"Hey!"

Claim jumpers! Damn, figured about as much. Cirr wiped his mouth and started walking toward the treeline.

Frack it the big guy was heading this way. I eased back as quickly as I could, and moved to the left in a circular direction. Had he seen me?

Dammit, dammit. Stupid salvage job and frelling scavengers. I eased my blaster out of its holster, and splashed into the swamp, ending up hip deep in scummy water.

So much for being stealthy. I scowled and dragged myself back onto semi-solid ground.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Cirr quickly spotted a less-watery approach to the interloper, and bounded over still-very muddy terrain, stumbling a bit as it got really thick. He bounded up, and finally hit terra firma about the time that the other man scrambled to the same patch of decently-dry ground.

"What arre you dojing herre?"

I scrambled to my feet and flung muck from my hands. "Going for a swim, obviously."

I settled into a relaxed stance, crossing my arms. "What are you doing here?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    "Fjishjing."

Cirr crossed his arms over his chest, not giving a damn or not if the human bought his lie. It was an unspoken request that the smaller guy should kindly piss off. He figured they were both here for the same reason, so it all depended on fight or flight for the little guy. Cirr wasn't moving, that was for sure.
    Last edited by Cirrsseeto Quez; Mar 23rd, 2010 at 09:22:25 PM. Reason: ttt - ima eatchoo!!! >:O FOR SERIOUS