Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Closer to Home, Further from the Truth

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    I hadn't been so mad since freaking out over the knowledge that Fiona knew I was an unawakened Immortal. I had been scared and felt betrayed because of the lies, but I had come to realize that those lies were done to protect me. She had been my protector since the night the sky turned Red and the war in Chicago had boiled over in a Black Spiral blood bath.

But this betrayal cut far deeper. "How dare you!!"

My grip on her wrist tightened and I pulled her forward so we were locked squarely eye for eye. "She's been here helping me come to terms with Fiona's loss and I won't allow to you spit on our friendship. (I supposed literally at this point, geesh) I don't give a flying frak what the hell happened between you two, but I won't allow it to spill over into my house!"

I think I'm having one of those out of body experiences because .. who the hell is this person standing up to Brigid like that? Wasn't I a meek little mouse that always did what big Sis told me to do?
    Last edited by Michele Hawkins; Oct 10th, 2008 at 02:13:36 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ambiguous. Androgynous. Ambidextrous?
    Kassandra wiped the spit away with the back of her hand, her eyes lingering on her damp skin for a moment, as if still unable to comprehend what had happened. When she looked up, she saw that Michele had a hold of Brigid; the two were standing almost toe-to-toe.

“It's alright, Michele... I'll go... I can see I'm not welcome here today,” she said, her tone bitter and hurt as she turned away from the pair.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: The words prompted Brigid to rip free of Michele ::

"YOU AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "Actually, we both are." I knock shoulders with Brigid as I walk to stand besides Kassandra. "We'll leave you to your tantrum or are you going to fight both of us?"

I arch a brow and wait. Brigid's too angry for words and I'm fed up with this childish display. This is the last thing I need or want with her happy return. "Or better yet. Maybe find a pub that's open and drink yourself into a stupor. You are good at that when things go bad, right?"

Really am I being too harsh? Friendly person to one side of me being nice and helpful vs the rabid girl trying to accuse and beat up someone with no proof? She's just jealous that Kassandra's been nice to me after whatever centuries long issue they had with each other is spilling over now. I mean, without more explanation from Brigid (and without the frothing of the mouth) how am I to know what the frak is going on.

I think ... @_@

SW-Fans.Net Poster

This was unbelievable. There were just no words to describe how... fantastic it all was! First, Arabella and Martin had alienated themselves from Michele through the formers Embrace – now, Brigid was digging her own grave by attacking poor innocent Kassandra, who had stood tirelessly by Michele through the months of loneliness and uncertainty.

“When you're ready to talk sense, Brigid...” she began, but the sentence tapered away at its end.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid stood trembling in anger and disbelief, unable to speak at all ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    She finally got the hint and I felt proud of myself for standing up to her. I also felt guilty. I really wish Brigid wouldn't fly off the handle so easily, but that's her biggest flaw. Right or wrong, there's a better way of handling that and I don't want to hear the 'Nara is gone' excuse either.

"Lock up when you leave," I say as I grab my coat and keys.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Kassandra followed in Michele's wake as the pair made their exit, but not before glancing over her shoulder for one last glimpse of the look on Brigid's face. For an instant, she allowed herself the barest hint of a smile, making a point that Brigid should see the brief expression. It was immensely satisfying.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234