Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Thread: 2008 Presidential Race Part three

Cat X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedieb View Post

I'm watching the Brian Williams interview and man, are they laying it on thick about Biden's "tested" comments. I like Joe Biden, but man he can be a walking gaffe machine at times. Yes, the full quote isn't that bad and it's an old argument that Presidents often get tested early in their first term, but it's also red meat for the McCain campaign. But as usual, both McCain and Palin have to go overboard and describe it as being one of the most telling comments in political history (McCain) and the most important of the entire campaign (Palin). Yet, no matter what they say, NOTHING seems to work.
    Nom nom nom nom the desperation is delicious.
    And even more funny when Obama doesnt play stunts when there is a real actual crisis but actually.... handles himself well?

Yeah, that would be a problem for McCain. Crisis? STUNT!!! More meaningless dribble from Republicans and more McCain / Palin proving their zero worth. BTW, that faked assault made it big news here as well as Joe McCain swearing at 911 when he called to complain about traffic.

The Anchorage Daily News, Alaska's largest newspaper, has endorsed Barack Obama for president.

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/567867.html

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Bump this thread each time there is no reason to vote for John McCain.

If you can give me an actual reason based on fact and logic to vote for McCain I will print your post out and eat it.

Cat X
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Evanar View Post
    Bump this thread each time there is no reason to vote for John McCain.
    This thread would move faster than a Citroen at Monte Carlo if you did that.

ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND @ Obama rally in Colorado, click the link for pictures:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_137951.html

And a very talented 5th grader asks Joe Biden what the VP's job is...and Biden gets it RIGHT. Even if his answer is a little long-winded as usual .

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Obama has a new commercial out about his education plan. His campaign is doing a pretty good job of still pushing the positives of his candidacy.

I haven't seen a positive/non-attacking commercial from McCain in at least 3 weeks.

Just an observation.

Also:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...ion/index.html

This is pretty unbelievable. It's becoming pretty clear that Palin really doesn't care McCain's campaign or the outcome of it, and she's instead trying to rally the right wing of the Republican party push her as the front runner for the nomination in 2012. Finally, we see the politician in her that some people in Alaska were talking about.

This woman pretty much disgusts me.
    Last edited by Figrin D'an; Oct 26th, 2008 at 05:06:40 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    "Senator Biden is now my homeboy."

HA! I love that. On another topic, check out this article on why "laissez faire capitalism" didn't ruin the economy. It's interesting, and I'd like to hear some opinions on it. I have my own arguments against (and one or two in agreement with) some of the topics and opinions they push forward, one of which being their very definition of laissez faire capitalism.

Laissez-faire capitalism has a definite meaning, which is totally ignored, contradicted, and downright defiled by such statements as those quoted above. Laissez-faire capitalism is a politico-economic system based on private ownership of the means of production and in which the powers of the state are limited to the protection of the individual's rights against the initiation of physical force. This protection applies to the initiation of physical force by other private individuals, by foreign governments, and, most importantly, by the individual's own government. This last is accomplished by such means as a written constitution, a system of division of powers and checks and balances, an explicit bill of rights, and eternal vigilance on the part of a citizenry with the right to keep and bear arms. Under laissez-faire capitalism, the state consists essentially just of a police force, law courts, and a national defense establishment, which deter and combat those who initiate the use of physical force. And nothing more.
    EDIT: Perhaps this should be in the Economics thread?

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09

John Cleese says there is no reason to vote McCain/Palin.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

Assassination plot targeting Obama disrupted!

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/....shtml?cat=566

WASHINGTON (AP) - Federal agents have broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree, the ATF said Monday.

In court records unsealed Monday, federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said the two men planned to shoot 88 black people and decapitate another 14. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The men also sought to go on a national killing spree, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press.

"They said that would be their last, final act - that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."

Cat X
    Oh yay for racists! GOOOOd thinking there morons.

Now Palin can STFU and stop trolling crowds with her verbal spew.....

And also thinking of other human waste that comes from Alaska, Ted Stevens found guilty of corruption on ALL counts. Another 24 hours of news cycle wiped out for McCain, another 24 hours of no reason to vote for a Repubican

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Here is apparently one of the skinheads who were plotting to assassinate Obama...

Cat X
    TRIGGER DISCIPINE!!!

Yeah, not only a moron, an moron who will probably shoot himself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

On the topic of Ted Stevens..

Palin doesn't call on Stevens to step down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Palin
    I'm confident Senator Stevens will do what's right for the people of Alaska.

Cat X
    Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    On the topic of Ted Stevens..

Palin doesn't call on Stevens to step down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Palin
    I'm confident Senator Stevens will do what's right for the people of Alaska.
    Thread bumped as per Morgan's request.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat X View Post
    Oh yay for racists! GOOOOd thinking there morons.

Now Palin can STFU and stop trolling crowds with her verbal spew.....
    According to this post at Wonkette, someone yelled out the one word we'd all been expecting to hear at some point sooner or later. Palin stumbled over her next few words and then kept going, never acknowledging what was yelled.

Fair warning, this post uses a word that a lot of people (including me personally) find to be offensive.

http://wonkette.com/403862/sarah-pal...r-barack-obama

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

McCain behaving erratic again in foreign policy:
    McCain's Irresponsible Syria Response

Signs of McCain campaign imploding?
    Dozens of McCain campaign workers walk off the job in protest

Cat X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post

According to this post at Wonkette, someone yelled out the one word we'd all been expecting to hear at some point sooner or later. Palin stumbled over her next few words and then kept going, never acknowledging what was yelled.

Fair warning, this post uses a word that a lot of people (including me personally) find to be offensive.

http://wonkette.com/403862/sarah-pal...r-barack-obama
    And oyu just know if Pbama heard someone say something offensive he would stop and calm the crowd down and make it lcear it was NOT acceptible.

OKay, time for new thread? Anyone got a funny title to use?

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Thread is @ 500 posts

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425