Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 2008 MLB playoffs

I probably won't watch, but that is because I have so much going on right now with my classes and work that it would be better off for me if I didn't. I was willing to sacrifice some sleep for the Red Sox or Cubs but anybody else no way.

Phillies take Game One 3-2. Both pitchers came up big.

Big Game James lived up to the nickname.

1-1 going to Philadelphia.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The [original] Black Sheep of SW-Fans
    Mmm, cheap beer good!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I don't get the strategy of loading the bases in the bottom of the ninth, with no outs in a tie game. The way that game just ended made sense to me, but I don't watch baseball.

They were hoping to cause an out at the plate on a ground ball. If the bases weren't loaded the runner wouldn't be forced to come home.

Great win by the Phillies.

I haven't been watching but I see the Phillies are one game away from winning it. They have there best picture on tonight.

Game 5....the one that would never end.

JMK
    It was so obvious that the umps were under orders from Selig to play the game until either the Phillies won, or the Rays tie it up. After the 5th if they had called the game, it would have been a win for the Phils, and the World Series won by rainout. Can you imagine the humiliation Selig would have been put through? So instead, he picks the lesser of 2 evils and makes them play until he wiggles off the hook.

Why they bothered starting at all is beyond me. Bill "Spaceman" Lee was on our radio station around 6 p.m. (as he is every night) and said there was no way on earth that they would get the game in.

Oh yeah, he was in California...what did he know that MLB didn't?

The Phillies win. They really played great in the playoffs.

Phillies World Series Champions.

For a club that has been around 126 years and only 2 titles....that is futility that might even rival the Cubs.

Congratulations to the Phillies faithful.

Well at least they have won. The Cubs are going on 101 now, but yeah that is pretty bad.

The Cubs also have 2 World Series titles. I think they've been around about as long as the Phillies have. Both even predate the World Series era.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345