Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 MLB playoffs

Sports 2008 MLB playoffs

It is about that time. Barring a miracle, for the first time since 1993 the Yankees won't be in the playoffs. Right now it looks like it will be Angels, Devil Rays, Red Sox and either the White Sox or Twins in the AL. In the NL it will be the Cubs, Dodgers and the last 2 spots will be between the Mets, Phillies, Brewers, or Astros. Even though I am a Red Sox fan I think it will be the Angels and Cubs in the WS and with the Cubs winning it in 5.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

The Brewers fired Ned Yost today. The timing seems really odd, considering that despite their recent slide, they are still in the middle of the wild-card race. There were, apparently, other issues that had come up that prompted this to happen before the end of the season. Unless the Brewers can get things straightened out starting tomorrow night, they will likely end up blowing what was once a solid hold on the NL Wild Card spot.

I have no faith that the Cubs will win the World Series. Not after what happened in 2003. Mark my words, they will find a way to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Figrin D'an View Post
    The Brewers fired Ned Yost today. The timing seems really odd, considering that despite their recent slide, they are still in the middle of the wild-card race. There were, apparently, other issues that had come up that prompted this to happen before the end of the season. Unless the Brewers can get things straightened out starting tomorrow night, they will likely end up blowing what was once a solid hold on the NL Wild Card spot.

I have no faith that the Cubs will win the World Series. Not after what happened in 2003. Mark my words, they will find a way to screw it up.
    I thought that about the Red Sox till they won in 2004, so anything is possible. The NL is so weak I can't see anybody there beating them. The AL is another story but I am still picking them. About Yost I think he got hosed honestly. It is too late to fire him anyway since a coaching change won't do any good now.

I'm just glad the yankees won't make the playoffs more than likely.

The Cubs are a great story. I hope they can make the series, and if the Red Sox don't get back, I'd love to see them win.

The (Devil) Rays are also a terrific story. I hope they can get some fans out for the postseason!

Its sad the Devil Rays can't get fans out. Not sure if its the area or what.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    South Florida sports fans are fair weather at best. The Dolphins used to fill seats, but even now they're showing weakness.

The Devil Rays might be forced to move if things don't turn around there. They could move to Orlando or Jacksonville. Of course that awful stadium they have there doesn't help.

We'll see how a playoff run helps them in the future. They're almost assured of winning the division at this point, but certainly they'd take the Wild Card at the very least.

Well I don't think they will go far. I don't see anybody beating the Angels in the American League.

So now we have three teams in.

Cubs
    Rays
    Angels

A few others are close to clinching.

The Red Sox clinched the other night. The Dodgers and Rays both could clinch their divisions today. The other races could go down to Sunday. Especially the White Sox and Twins only a half game separate them. In the NL the Mets are choking again so the wild card could go either way. The Brewers get the Cubs and the Mets the Marlins.

This weekend should be fun, 4 spots to be decided. Tampa Bay can clinch with one win or a Red Sox loss. The rest is more complicated. The phillies do get the nationals so they could clinch pretty quickly. The Mets and Marlins could have problems with rain and we could have a lot of make up games between that and the Detriot-White Sox make up.

The Phillies clinched today. It looks like neither the White Sox or Twins want in. They both keep losing. I mean come on if you can't beat the Royals you don't belong in. The White Sox will probably be playing that game on Monday that will either give one of them the title or send them to a one game playoff. The Mets and Brewers might be facing the same thing if they both win or lose on Sunday.

Brewers are in!

White Sox play tommorrow to see if they even get a 1 game playoff.

Fun times.

Yep Monday and Tuesday could be a lot of fun to watch. NL is set up
    Brewers vs Phillies, I like the Phillies in 5
    Dodgers vs Cubs I like the Cubs in 4

And the White Sox win. One game to decide the Division tommorrow!

Yep should be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    Yep should be a great game.
    Boy has it been so far. Bottom of the 7th, still scoreless. Both pitchers are bringing it tonight!

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    sox score!

Huge homer for Thome, but the Twins stop the bleeding. Just a 1 run run game thru seven.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast