OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Ok west coast then. O_o I'm backwards

Csephion Draxus
    It's up to you, but since we've got a secondary arc already on the east coast, did you want to get involved in that? If not, its cool as well

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I don't know anything about it and I'd rather join up with Dani's character if she's still wanting to begin Your eastern thing seems rather insular.

Csephion Draxus
    Well I'm trying to not make it insular

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Okay so how would a wayfaring Mer meet up with your guys and how would that work into the quest as a whole?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Also my Glaucan! (could be one of Fyrian's men? or at least mistaken for having been one of them...)

Calleh
    According to the map, Necia doesn't cover the entirety of the east coast. The area south of Tirgatia looks wide open for Mer settlements.

I'm excited to see new characters! Bring 'em on!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Yeah... stick some Mer stuff down to the southeast of Verbannen. That way, you'll be near Ha'lainn Inniu, where the Fian are at! (I think Dani's char is there!)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ok that works.

The west coast really doesn't look suitable for what I wanted anyway, a sun-drenched cliff dropping straight into the ocean.

Parsideon Denix
    Good, this way we can possibly have three arcs, maybe converging into one place at some point?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I thought you wanted my second character to be a part of what you already have going on in Necia?

Aran Solan
    Is this a fan-made role play, or is it based on a fantasy setting? I would be interested in applying with a character, though I would need to know if there were creative options, or set races/species...

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Myth <-- all the info we have on it. We pretty much made it up ourselves. If there's something you want to add to it just run it by the other participants first!

Calleh
    Speaking of which, I really need to add some info on Ankaa...

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ankaa = hyr be dragyns

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    I thought you wanted my second character to be a part of what you already have going on in Necia?
    This is equally acceptible. Like I said, whichever you feel most comfy with

Quote Originally Posted by Calleh View Post
    Speaking of which, I really need to add some info on Ankaa...
    derka derk muhammad ali jihad

Ediremos
    I would like to work on another race, the Syldar, who are a elven in appearance (with sharp, alien features such as high cheekbones, slender faces, pale skin, white/blonde hair and golden eyes). They would be ideally located near Jarnvid and have established their Kingdom on the borders of the ironwood - where they impede the creatures of the forest from entering into the lands beyond.

They could be considered a beautiful people (when young), however with age their skin is marred by natural scars that form across their foreheads and chins; they also have a horizontal scar across both cheeks and nose, but these disfigurements don't begin to develop until their second century of life – where the average lifespan of a Syldar is almost one-thousand years:

As a people, the Syldar are mainly philosophers and historians. Few who know of their ways see them as creatures that are filled with bloodlust, a fear conceived from the Syldar's appearance as a whole. However, in truth they are an honorable, proud race who simply protect their land from all who would dare attempt to take it. As such, they have developed a very controlled, almost honor-bound community, where individuals are assessed at birth and placed into a specific social caste.

There are four castes in the Syldar kingdom, with all holding specific, honorable social station:

- The Keepers: Those who are dedicated to conserving and maintaining constant recordings of time. By discovering secrets, uncovering the past, glimpsing the future and recording it in their ever expanding tome library, few other races have gathered and kept as complete a history of the land and its people as the Syldar; knowledge, as they say, is power.

Those of the Keeper caste have developed a magical gift to see into both the future with premonitions, and the past.

- The Warrior: Born into battle, trained in the use of the Syldar weapon of choice, the Qian, which is a deadly spear that can alter in staff length through magical enhancement. Taught the tactics and harsh lessons of close quarter combat, the warriors of the Syldar are considered highly skilled martial artists. They are both deadly and silent, their bodies trained to physical peak, while their home in the forest has taught them to be quick footed and soundless; what the Syldar lack in physical strength, they make up for with impressive agility and precision.

Those of the Warrior caste can be considered the epitome of physical agility and speed.

- The Maga: Those dedicated to the study of the Syldar magic, those of Wind and Fire. The Maga meditate and give their lives to the understanding and use of magic, often discovering new aspects of their given school of magic through working in conjunction with the Keepers. While not the strongest of mages in the land, the Maga are known for their defensive tactics when dealing with otherworldly creatures.

Those of the Maga caste are gifted with a profound sense for magic; they can both sense and absorb the mystical energy around them.

- The Royal: Those born of the royal bloodline of the First, King Belareyl. These are the kings, queens, princes and princesses of the kingdom, those who are charged with maintaining order and control, keeping the laws of the Syldar and performing the ritual of selection to the newborn. Only the Royal caste may ever decide the path of a Syldar, and that decision remains final. There remain four royals at all times, and those that are born of the bloodline are placed into a specific caste until such time as they are required to take the position truly reserved for them; as such, all royals have become well-versed in specific aspects of the Syldar community, whether as keepers, warriors or maga.

Those of the Royal caste are gifted with extended life, due to the strong bloodline of the First that flows in their veins. Where most Sylvar live for around one-thousand years, a royal may live to up to five hundred more; given they are no taken by illness or injury.

All Syldar are selected at birth, and all Syldar are placed into a caste. Those that are not, are exiled and never allowed to return – as such is the ways of the Syldar.
    They aren't immortal, aren't immune to death, and have all the typical weaknesses of any (human) being, save they age slower and have an extended lifespan.
    Last edited by Ediremos; Sep 12th, 2008 at 04:51:51 AM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hmm interesting. Perhaps they are related to the Fian in some way?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Trow are also kind of elvish in appearance, but it seems more likely that they would be related to the Fian (since they were the first race to populate the world)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast