Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Sounds like fun, guys.

*presses nose to the window and watches wistfully*

Katrin Laran
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post

Oh, and you're 50% right about Lieutenant Jorgan... (cue mysterious music)
    Curse you!!!!!!

I already have a guess about Havok Squad......

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until launch to find out as I have seriously been neglecting school work between skiing and this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Valten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    I tested the Smuggler and the Jedi Consular today.

- Repeating Ord Mantell was surprisingly not boring. I went to the same places, and did (most of) the same side quests, but the main storyline was massively different. Rather than feeling I was repeating the same story as a different character, it felt more like I was playing through a different story that was happening at the exact same time. While my smuggler was sneaking around in the basement, my Trooper could easily have been responsible for the gunfire I kept hearing overhead!
    Nice! I've been enjoying the experience as a trooper and teamed up with a smuggler to do the heroic area at the start. Was kind jealous of his cover-hugging ability and silly shenanigans. I like the smuggler's idle animation of flipping a coin about then shooting it with a blaster.

- It seems like the Agent and Smuggler got their first companion earlier than the other classes: before the final mission on the starting world, rather than after. Do any of the other classes get their companion before the final mission, and is it different from the other class on that planet, or is it just willy-nilly as fits best with the story? It worked out quite well story-wise in any case; it meant I was plesantly surprised when one of the NPCs I'd been dealing with as a Trooper wound up following me to Coruscant.
    The companion for the Inquisitor is done well before the final mission at the starting area. The companion is woven into the story quite well and you actually have an entire series of quests to get the companion. It's impossible to try and please this companion, though.

Sometimes he like you doing darkside stuff, sometime lightside stuff.....the affection gain not being limited to the light/dark route is kinda cool. The Inquisitor companion doesn't like it when you humble yourself to others (even the your Master) or if you appear to lack resolve. But on the other hand like you being a general arrogant douche and lording you position as a Sith......but also likes when you uphold the Sith code over the scheming of other Sith. Kinda cool

Question here for those of you who run the Sith characters. Is anyone really, really annoyed by how many 'Lords' and 'Darths' are out there? I mean I swear I've run by well over two dozen lords......some of them doing relatively menial tasks. Hell I've even killed a few of them as well as a Darth.......solo......as an apprentice.

Doesn't that just seem wrong?

Granted I like being a coniving, manipulative bastard.......though my companion prefers the blunt route.

P.S. Fig, please, please tell me that the Trooper companion is Lt. Jorgan.....I like that guy.

And yeah, while it's not exactly difficult to make me want multiple characters, Bioware did a damned good job of it!
    Hellz yeah. There are still a lot of glitches and bugs.....plus some of the voice acting is choppy (though excellent in the most part) and you can tell the recordings were made in completely different sessions.

For example Lord Zash alternating the pernounciation of 'Darth Skotia' over several sentences with some noticable breaks in tone.
    Well at this point there should be 100s to 1000s of Sith Lords running around. Before Bane, any force sensitive darksider could obtain that name.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    Well at this point there should be 100s to 1000s of Sith Lords running around. Before Bane, any force sensitive darksider could obtain that name.
    During the Brotherhood of Darkness era, Lord Kaan was handing out the title of Sith Lord like Halloween candy. Some of them deserved it, others he just gave it to them to shut them up / make them follow his lead.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Sounds like TSO.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    During the Brotherhood of Darkness era, Lord Kaan was handing out the title of Sith Lord like Halloween candy. Some of them deserved it, others he just gave it to them to shut them up / make them follow his lead.
    True enough. And I guess in this time-frame the emperor has been in seclusion for several decades and isn't around to bash heads into line.

The dark council is running rampant with their shenanigans.

Still, though......some of these "Lords" are pretty incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Carr View Post
    Sounds like TSO.
    Sounds like the last Labour government.

Seriously though, it's worth bearing in mind the context of the game. The Empire is going through a massive expansion phase, and the darksiders are their main officer class. They've relaxed the entry requirements at the Academy so that any Force sensitive can get in (something it explains during the Sith Warrior quests - dunno if anyone else gets told that), so they're having a huge increase in their newbie population.

They'll need more Lords and Darths in order to manage and command their increased Force user army. Anyone who was worthy of being a Lord or Darth is probably one already, so they'd have to start looking at the people who weren't worthy before - weaker, less powerful candidates, and so forth - in order to make up those numbers.

Kind of a "Hey, you're not dead! Congratulations, have a peerage," thing.

At least, that'd be my guess.
    Last edited by Captain Untouchable; Nov 28th, 2011 at 03:52:28 PM.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Sounds like TSO.
    Good troll is good.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    This thread has gotten really big. Over 400 posts already and the game is not even out yet.

We should probably start a new one before the early access period starts.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Good suggestion, Peter. I hadn't even realised how big the thread had gotten!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122