Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Operations

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

General Current Operations

Greetings from the top.

I was browsing through the forums yesterday and noticed a staggering proportion of stalled and stalemated threads. I think our top priority at present should be to conclude the threads so they can alluded to in other events and such and set in stone as it were for future plot lines.

I am guilty as well and will be putting my best foot forward even if I have to npc opposition.

Mind you I am not syaing that you must pour heart and soul into operations you've lost interest in, but one or two posts of conclusion then is acceptable just to tie off loose ends.

Also, in addition to this, I would like to know what everyone is currently involved in or has planning for the immediate future. I have a few ideas myself and one is for a semi-large thread which I would like to involve many of you in. So, depending on the response here, I will share it with you....

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Well, Karl and I are doing a thread with Anar and tell him what's up with the throne. After that, Miranda's claim to the throne will become public. She is also going to wed Gallus Tagge as a 'trophy' husband.

Quenn Yeartel
    But before she weds anyone and makes anything public, she's going to have to fend off the Moff of Kuat who wants to secure the position of Emperor for himself through her. It should have something to do with Sanya Tagge, eventually

And even before that, there's that problem at KDY that Parky and the Moff and one Inquisitor have to sift through.

My two Intel chars are still stuck in the Gambling thread, going after possible Force users.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenn Yeartel View Post
    And even before that, there's that problem at KDY that Parky and the Moff and one Inquisitor have to sift through.
    I've just wrapped up Problems of the Past, and am now ready to proceed on the KDY thread. First post will be up later today sometime.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Okay, so today was more like tomorrow, but the first post is still up anyways -

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthr...765#post273765

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The word boo comes to mind. Where is everyone???

TheHolo.Net Moderator

I'm still here, I'm just waiting for a reply to my post. I was thinking of doing a solo thread concerning the Pentastar Alignment and Grand Moff Ardus Kaine's thoughts concerning going as a rogue warlord.

But if your not too involved in anything at the moment, I would welcome your involvement in the thread Telan. Although it's still in the early planning stages.

Quenn Yeartel
    Uhmmm... sorry... was away for a few days. Now I'm sick. I'll be back to posting tomorrow.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

My operations are at a stand still, infact most of my threads are. This is largely due to lack of interest/creativity when I log in (Curse you writer's block, with a hint of the Blues.), or MIA players.

That said I feel inspired to write as I listen to the Blues and should be back up and writing once I settle some things. This summer has changed my outlook on the future, and it is bright.

I would like to start up a campaign into the Unknown Regions, but first I want to work on an IC promotion into Admirality that will allow my character to pull off something so huge. That's about it for me.

*Shakes fist a Quenn Yeartel* Get well young lady, and then post.

Quenn Yeartel
    Well if you feel up to it, you could always make a quick post in the Huttese thread as Lardo... I've been sort of waiting for you to post in there...

Yeart Quenn
    Okay, you two - I posted in both threads. Let's get on with this.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I am available for whomever needs me. TRF is floundering so I am devoting myself here.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Ok - New Thread

My next rp is going to begin with a battle at which I would like Shadow Squadron to be present. They will rack up a number of impressive kills but overall, while the engagement is a victory, the Empire's losses in fighters is atrocious. So, the Grand Admiral gathers the best pilots from the previous engagement - thats you - and has them work up something, anything, to improve the quality of the Imperial Fighter Corps short of buying X Wings.

A new fighter/modification (I already have an idea) is decided on and put into limited production. Desaria equips Shadow Squadron with them and the next engagement we see how they perform. IF well, the Empire gets a new fighter in its arsenal. Thoughts?

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Resh
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ulthrran
    This could be a good thread to introduce our new A2 A-wing. The new fighter could surprise the imperials and be the reason for the mass loss in fighters taken by the Empire.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Excellemt - get me on AIM Resh - I've just finished my first post. I will put it up tonight. The gist of the first two posts, maybe three, will be the battle.

An Imperial cruiser force under Desaria is in line-abreast inside a nebula that is is close to a rebel repairyard. Desaria sends two frigates in and draws the rebels into a pursuit, it being a repair yard they are in strength there. However, the frigates are not alone and are in fact sending out tight-beam signals to the fleet-inwaiting which cannot see the rebels or target them over open sights. So using the telemtry provided by the frigates, they eventually do fire and a cannonade erupts from the nebula, destroying the pursuing cruisers and opengingthe way to the repair yard. now its just a matter of reducing the Golan III on station and voilla. Desaira has four heavy cruisers, four light cruisers, two frigates and two carriers in his main group, plus the two frigates that were being pursued.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Hey guys, sorry about the sluggishness of my posts, I have no real excuse save of laziness. I like the fleeting ideas that are floating around here and its good to see the makings of the once great fleets getting going again (hell knows I haven't been any help in that department)

At some point I would like to get the INQ fleet introduced (probably will happen after the Miranda-Empress thing goes public and the Empire goes through a mirco-anarchy phase until the military/INQ crushes the nay-sayers and the INQ has an internal civil-war of its own. It'd be awesome to have some input or direct assistance when that phase rolls around.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    We really need to make that public don't we

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Valten View Post
    At some point I would like to get the INQ fleet introduced (probably will happen after the Miranda-Empress thing goes public and the Empire goes through a mirco-anarchy phase until the military/INQ crushes the nay-sayers and the INQ has an internal civil-war of its own. It'd be awesome to have some input or direct assistance when that phase rolls around.
    That idea I'd mentioned to you in PM would fall perfectly in line with your plans I think. I'm already outlining the character. Gonna be bringing back a whole lot of evil to the Empire.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Tarkin View Post
    We really need to make that public don't we
    -raises hand-

Yeah, my fault on the sluggish posting.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Reshmar, reach me via PM. Got a good idea for a fleeting thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast