Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Out of Thin Air [Cullen's]

Ginny tried to process the new information. SHe frowned. "Well, part of her must still be active... I was sure I heard her voice."

She sighed, "I am very sorry to hear that she's so sick." Ginny's reasons were not all selfish, but part of her was beginning to feel pretty sorry for herself. "I'm not sure what to do now... but I'm afraid that if I use my mutation again I'll end up in that other Plane again. And next time I may not be able to get out of it. I mean, if I'm there in the flesh...?"
    Last edited by Vigilante; Jun 22nd, 2008 at 06:06:50 PM. Reason: ttt

"That is always a possibility. A very real possibility...but I doubt it has permanence."

Anita was rested, removed from her slight wanderings by now. Ginny's story reminded her very much of Daniel, but she needed to focus on the here and now. There would be other times that she could look into such things.

"Your somewhat apparent ability to transport into a nonphysical plane is not something I've heard of before, but to hear that it is possible...Well, that's pretty astounding. The fact is, none of us really knows just how you got there. I think that something bigger is at work."

She suddenly wrapped her arms tightly around herself and shrunk back into the chair, reacting to a shiver that had crawled up her spine. The instance of these physical notations was beginning to slowly, strangely, make sense. Anita looked around to the others occupying the room.

"Any thoughts?"

No one seemed to have anything to add, and Ginny took a deep breath. Her thoughts took some time to settle, and then she turned to John Rhee.

"May I... can I visit Francoise? I know that... Well, I only met her once. I understand that I don't belong here or among her friends. But... I just feel that I should see her. She ... its like she brought me here."

"Francoise? That had been one of my thoughts. She may have everything to do with this."

There was that sensation again. Each time it happened, she understood it more and more. At the same time, it creeped her out a little.

"John?" Anita looked to her colleague, as well. "What do you think? It may not be right away, but I honestly don't see too much issue with it. I mean, if there's a chance...really, we can't just leave Francoise like that forever. There has to be something..."

It bothered her to see a seemingly nice girl like Francoise in such a condition. It worried her what might happen if she were left that way for too long, especially considering what she was told had happened. When it came to the mind, the potential consequences could be unpredictable.

John gave Anita a cautioning glance. She had already jumped far beyond where he was willing to go - leading Ginny into the Sub-Basement, exposing her to Francoise, enlisting Ginny's help to treat a condition they couldn't even properly diagnose. There were simply too many unknowns, not the least of which was Ginny herself.

"Francoise is in a specialized facility," he said reluctantly. "I'm afraid the visitation list is being kept very short at present. But if there is a chance she was reaching out to you..."

He was debating with himself. With Ginny's military background, John couldn't imagine her walking through the Sub-Basement and not growing suspicious. And there simply was no telling where her loyalties lay, whether she still reported to her special forces colleagues, or whether heaven forbid she had been recruited by the Brotherhood. The risk to the school was simply too great.

"I don't think I can make that call right now," he said at last. "I'll speak to the headmaster about it. You can understand we're trying to be very cautious about her condition. Is there anything we can do for you in the meantime?"

Ginny sighed. "No, I guess not. I mean, I guess I need a taxi so I can get back to the city."

She couldn't hide the disappointment on her face, but had already decided to call every single hospital in New York if that's what it took to locate Francoise. If they wouldn't take her to the woman, then she'd find her herself. "I really... I mean... thanks. I wouldn't have dropped in here like this if I had a choice. So, sorry about that."

Ginny pushed herself up to her feet, and stumbled as a wave of dizziness came over her.

John moved quickly to catch her. "Vipul, could you find Duncan, please?" He knew that the present avatar may not even have to leave the room to do so. Carefully, he assisted Ginny into a deeper armchair where she could recline. "Miss Hayes, are you all right? I assure you, you are not imposing on us if you need to stay a little longer."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123