Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Magnet Man Goes to Westchester

Banner Laverick
    "A little of everything!"

She flopped on her bed, laughing, pulling him down with her. Banner brushed his hair out of his eyes gently, kissing his forehead.

"I don't care what they think. None of them are my friends, they aren't important."

Flux
    "Damn straight," Felix said, settling on his back and pulling her to lie with her head on his chest. He stared blankly at the ceiling as his mind flew off down that trail of thought. Not important. Heh. Lots of people and things aren't that important, but she'd made a fuss when he and Tron had said that about the mundanes.

"Yeah," he said aimlessly.

Banner Laverick
    "Yeah what?" She looked up at him, brows raised slightly. Felix had drifted off into space, while Banner stared at his chin, walking her fingers from his palm, up his arm to his shoulder. He didn't even notice.

"You've been acting weird, what's going on?"

Flux
    "Huh?" he mumbled, snapping out of it and kissing her forehead. "What was it you said, sweetie?" He settled one hand on hers, belatedly realizing it had moved. "Was I napped out?"

Banner Laverick
    "I said, what's wrong with you? You're acting like a space case, and you were totally weird in the lunch room. Tell me what's up, please?"

She'd moved up on the bed, resting her head next to his on a pillow, a frown on her face. He was acting super weird - well, weirder than normal Felix, which wasn't so much weird as just adorably geeked out...Banner sighed, snuggling in close to him. "Is it me? Is it because I'm here and not out there with you? Cos you know I dont want to be here, right?"

Flux
    "It's not you," he said truthfully, resting his forehead against her's. "It's here. I've heard some about the institute, what the faculty can do with their powers and all, and I"m worried about you. One of them can force you to speak the truth, and another can read your entire mind just by touching you. Then I'm sure we've got crazies with combat powers, and none of these people have the slightest interest in your safety, happiness, or well-being." He sighed. "I feel like you're in danger, and I'm not going to be able to be here and help."

Banner Laverick
    He could hear her suck in a deep breath, see her lower lip tremble. Banner shut her eyes and squeezed him tighter. Her voice cracked when she finally spoke, trying not to cry about this for millionth time.

"I don't even know what to say...I don't know what to do, Felix. I honestly don't. You know how I said I have to take special classes? The teacher, Mr Rhee, he doesn't seem like he would do anything to hurt anyone. He told me about mutants who want to rule over everything...Like, how it's a dangerous time for EVERYONE, not just us. He said he'd help me learn to use my powers, to be a better hero."

She frowned, burying her head into his chest. "I don't want to lose you though, not over something stupid like this place."
    Last edited by Banner Laverick; Jun 15th, 2008 at 03:48:45 PM.

Flux
    "Rhee, huh? And who exactly does he say wants to rule everything?" He gently patted her back, shutting his eyes with a heavy sigh. "And for the love of everything, you are not going to lose me to this place. I've said it a hundred times, so please stop worrying about that. Tell me about this guy who told you this crap."

Banner Laverick
    "He's a teacher here. He seems really nice. He didn't give specifics, but..."
    Her voice was muffled by his hoodie. "He said there are mutants who think they're better than humans, they want to wipe them out. That's not right; how can people think like that? Our parents are human, that doesn't make them bad."

Flux
    "No, it does not, but I'm sure there are a few people out there who got a less-than-warm reaction from their parents and friends about their mutations who haven't had very constructive ways to deal with it, and are just saying that out of anger. Nobody's going to try and wipe out people. I think your guy is just over-reacting to the over-reactions of these other mutants."

Banner Laverick
    "Maybe."

They lay there in silence, Banner still snuggled tightly beside him. Finally she lifted her head, looking at him with an embarassed frown.

"I'm sorry, I'm being such a bummer. This is supposed to be our time to have fun, not talk about mutant politics." She leaned up and kissed him, resting a hand on his cheek. "I'll try to worry less, okay?"

Flux
    "It's okay. I don't care what we do, I'm content." He sighed and scratched her head. "Worry less...just relax...steady, as she goes."

Banner Laverick
    "Heh, like that song."

Her fingers traced down his cheek, his chest, then lower. She managed to pull the stuff out of his hoodie pocket, setting them on her nightstand. Banner grinned at him as she saw the mask she had made him.

"Hey, I have your costume almost done. At least I've gotten lots of sewing done while I'm here. You should try it on!"

She hopped out of bed, rummaging in the dresser. Her newer American Girl costume was tossed on the floor, along with other odds and ends of grey and red spandex. A tunic and matching pants were tossed onto his lap. Banner climbed back onto the bed, sitting crossed legged beside him.

"I know it's kinda tight, and I couldn't figure out how to put metal in the actual suit, but maybe we could work on that together. I still need to make you some sock/shoe things."

Flux
    He was impressed that she'd thought of the Raconteurs, even though he hadn't been thinking of the song when he'd said that. He held up the outfit and looked at it as she talked.

"Well, I've got my metal," he said, shaking his arms so his sleeves slid down and revealed his metal bracers. "I can wear 'em under or over the costume without much issue, and the hardware store can make paint the color of the suit so they won't look TOO out of place." He smiled at her. "Thanks. Should I try it on?"

Banner Laverick
    "Of course!"

She was practically bouncing up and down on the bed when she thought of something. Something that made her face turn a deep shade of red as she pointed to a closed door on the left side of the room.

"The bathroom is right there. Heh."

Flux
    "Meh." Felix stood and yanked his hoodie and shirt off over his head at one go, tossing them onto the bed next to Banner. The top part of the costume wasn't playing nice with his bands, so he took them off too and pulled it on, then put his bands back over the material. It DID fit a little tight, but he wasn't concerned with it. He took a deep breath, dropped the rest of his clothes, and then just tried to concentrate on balancing as he wrestled with the costume's pants. Once he was done, he put the mask on turned to Banner.

"How's it look?"

Banner Laverick
    "Nice."

Her voice was an embarrassed squeak, from actually seeing her boyfriend below the waist naked and trying not to laugh as he hopped around pulling on the pants of his costume. Her face was still as hot as a million suns as she smiled up at him.

"Very sexy too."

Flux
    "Oh really?"

It was getting hard to resist posturing to bleed out his nervousness. He couldn't tell if her voice was small because she didn't wanna laugh or if the comments about his appearance were true. He managed to spot her mirror and went to stand in front of it. Except for his bare hands and sockfeet, he looked fairly heroic. Just a little more muscle and he'd be good to go.

Banner Laverick
    "Mmmhmmm."

Her hands slid around his stomach, her head resting on his shoulder. Banner smiled at their reflection. It was like something out of a comic book - heck, most of their relationship seemed to come straight from Marvel. They were Westchesters very own Pete and MJ.

"You look great, babe. I'm glad you like the costume." She leaned up and kissed his masked cheek. "You look like a real hero now."

Flux
    Like a real hero. He smiled under the mask; he loved the sound of that.

"Thanks" He pulled off the mask and nuzzled her neck. "You did good. Thanks for making me this."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast