Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Girl : B2S Issue #2 (Open - One Teacher, New Students)

Freight Train
    Quote Originally Posted by Taya Robbins View Post
    "You're pretty good. How long have you been playing?"
    Freight Train answered her as Banner showcased her displeasure.

"It'll be 8 years recreationally in a few months, on my next birthday. I'm not that good, at least not next to these guys." She jerked a thumb at Joe and Ethan. "Besides, I'm used to playing on courts made for shorties; this is the first place I've been with regulation height goals. Mind showing me what you were drawing later? Because right now, I'm with Blondie. Let's play a game."

Twitch
    Joe looked at banner and raised an eyebrow. Someone was gonna hurt that girl bad one day. Mom always said testosterone made for most of the dumb decisions in the world but it looked like estrogen was just as stupid today.

"I can't skate worth a damn, so I'll pass. Let's play." He said, looking more intense than usual.

Vipul Chandrashekar
    "I could not agree any more!"

Another group of four Vipuls entered the gym from the far end. These were similarly garbed to the original three.

Now there were seven, which made essentially a team unto himself.

Taya Robbins
    Taya's mouth dropped open at the sight of a parade of Vipuls. "No way!"

She'd heard about professor Chandrashekar, of course - and she'd already had the eerie experience of meeting two of him on opposite sides of the building for consecutive classes - but she hadn't known there were seven of him. Suddenly, not-Vipul was outnumbered.

It was kinda creepy. Her tail was starting to puff out.

"So I guess we're not doing guys against girls?"

Freight Train
    "Hell no. Where's the fun in that?" Of course, she totally saw the fun owning boys in basketball, having been responsible for her fair share of it back in regular school, but today...no. Not with Twitch's previous claim to Banner and Banner's very apparent lack of enthusiasm. A positive attitude and fighting spirit on the court is just as important as talent and skill.

"Are we seriously gonna play Students versus GAR? Because there's only five of us, and seven of Cody's troops."

Banner Laverick
    "Yeah, but we have powers, that should make up for the other two Vipuls. Right?"

She had turned to the other girls, folding her arms across her chest with a frown. "He might be able to multiply, but he's still just a guy."

Twitch
    "I hope so because I get the feelin' brotha V can ball. He's all running on the same brain. Watch for behind the back ninja nonsense. I think he's gonna go east style and try to break us with tight D and passing." Joe said, rolling his head and stretching.

"V-man, we doing 5 on 5?"

Ethan Evans
    “Looks like it.”

With the beginning of the game fast approaching, Ethan took the time to get in a couple of extra stretches. This would be his first time facing off against others with somehow super-human abilities. It was going to be tough, but he knew he was up to the challenge.

Nuro Alston
    Only a few days seperated Noru from the real world and Cullen's Institute, but he felt extremely awkward in classes. A little time of his own had led him down the halls, through the campus and unexpectedly in the gym. The court sparkled with that fresh-look that he recalled from his younger days when basketball was all he was about. It seemed almost eeriley nostalgic how he entered.

Many a days had called for that same confident, yet unwaivered stroll into the gym. However, on this occasion he didn't hold a duffle-bag with a jersey stuffed inside, or gatorade bottle in his hand. Instead of the basketball requirements, he had an iPod lodged in his pocket and a light hoody to remove.

He was going to jump in.

"Well it aint gotta be that way," He alerted, his awkward Brooklyn-meets-California accent calling for their attention as he flung his hoody onto the bleachers. A t-shirt, SB dunks and jeans was good enough to move freely a long the court. Plus, he had his powers if it got sticky - not that he wished to use them. With a step pass the bassline, and a jingle of his Ethiopic Cross, he was off to mimicking Ethan in his stretches.

Vipul Chandrashekar
    "I think it would be highly beneficial to have the students play as a single team to learn the virtues of cooperation."

As Vipul spoke, he broke off a group of himself to perform an impossibly choreographed triple alley-oop.

"As for myself you must not worry about my numbers because I will keep two of myself on the bench in case of fatigue."

Vipul smiled warmly, fully expecting to be way over his head here. Banner was quite correct. They were exceptional youngsters, and aside from his singular conciousness, they were superior players man-to-man.

Eager to foster the competitive spirit, he held aloft a hand with index and middle fingers up to Joe in a V gesture.

"You know you get me on the court and I am trouble last week messed around and got a triple double."

From behind, a Vipul passed the ball overhanded in a line drive bullet to the speaking Vipul, who had his back turned. Without looking, he reached up to catch the pass, and didn't miss a beat.

Freight Train
    Freight Train was starting to think that their powers weren't gonna be worth much in the face of the Vipul's superior teamwork. "Badass Normal" was the word of the day with this guy.

"So, uh...first to ten? Play to a time limit? Play til we hate it? And, uh, can we have a bit to confer before the game kicks off?"

Vipul Chandrashekar
    "That is fine by me how about the first team to fifty points?"

The Vipuls backed away to allow for the student team to huddle up and plan.

Taya Robbins
    Taya joined the huddle and looked around at her teammates - she and Freight Train were downright puny, but height wasn't an issue for Banner, and the three boys seemed to have some length to them.

She turned toward Ethan and Joe - they seemed to know what was going on. "I nominate both you guys as captain. What's the plan?"

Twitch
    Joe assesed what he had in front of him. Banner was a total unknown, but she could fly. He wasn't sure how a flyer could be handled, she would probably still need to dribble to move legally.

"I used to play point or shooting, dependin' on who were against, so I'll take either guard position. F-Train, you handle the ball. D-rebounds get fed to her and she'll move it up." Freight Train lit up like a flare on a moonless night.

"Anyone gets panicked, kick it to any of the three of us." Joe instructed.

"Taya... right?" He asked the cat-girl, who nodded. "Can ya dribble?"

Taya Robbins
    She shrugged and held up a paw. "My hands changed shape since I did it last. But I think so. I've got a good vertical, too."

Ethan Evans
    “I'm sure you'll do great,” Ethan smiled at Taya. “We've got the edge here, guys,” he added, clapping his hands together. “So long as we play to the best of our abilities and work as a unit, this one's in the bag.”

Nuro Alston
    Unsure where he stood, he jumped back into the conversation.

"Where do I stand in all this?

Freight Train
    "This is gonna rule," she whispered as Twitch laid out the plan. Finally, real basketball! She looked to Noru and tapped him on the arm to get his attention. "Help me move the ball. I'm tiny, and they'll probably box me in pretty good if I don't get going well enough." She snapped her fingers as she remembered something. "Oh, hey, names! I'm Freight Train."

Nuro Alston
    "Nor-u," He pronounced with a smile, before rolling his neck. "I guess I'll come in at the three."

He winced a bit before supplying a pleasant confirmation as he heard a slight crack in his neck. Noru felt all better now, and ready to play. All of six feet, he didn't feel much like Scottie Pippen, but he was certain small-forward would fit in fine with the height set-up on this team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12