Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Girl and Magnet Man - Train In Vain

Banner Laverick
    She sniffled again, wiping at her eyes with the back of her hand. "Okay, I won't...I'm sure they can't keep me there all the time. I can always fly here and visit you. Well, not here, exactly."

Banner kissed him softly, trying to put on a happy face for him. After all, it wasnt his fault that her mum was a freaking weirdo. "And I do have one last week to be happy...we should make the most of it. If you don't mind making out with me when I'm all weeped out and snotty."

Flux
    He smiled at her, rubbing her back and kissing her cheek.

"Hey, I don't mind. I'm glad to just spend time with you, no matter how you are or how you're feeling. We can do anything you like. I have the whole day today to myself, and after school next week I'm more or less in charge of myself until seven. There's plenty of time for us to spend together."

Banner Laverick
    "Yeah."

She let out a huge sigh, content to sit quietly and be held by him. He really was the sweetest guy ever - letting her cry on his shoulder, in spite of the big wet spot on his shirt. Banner gave him a sheepish grin.

"I got your shirt all wet. I'm sorry."

Flux
    "Water never hurt anybody," he said. He stared out the windshield as he held her, thinking over all the courses of action he could take to prevent this. He wasn't coming up with anything legal or un-dangerous, and he threw his head back and stared at the ceiling. The silence was good, but it was bothering him all the same. He decided to risk talking.

"So, uh...when they make comics about us, do you think Bendis will drag this part out into an epic 8-issue arc, or do you think he'll settle it in 4?"

Banner Laverick
    "Goober."

She laughed a little, kissing his chin. "You know they'd totally make it into an entire story arc, and you would have to make a deal to get me back. You'd have to trade your Aunt May for me or something."

She leaned back, laughing more and raising a brow. "You don't really have an Aunt May, do you? Cos that would be way too weird."

Flux
    Felix barked a laugh.

"No, I have an Aunt Faye," he replied. "And an Aunt Donna, and an Aunt Matha. No Mays of any kind in my family." He thought through his extended family for some more comic-book names, but couldn't think of any. "How about you?"

Banner Laverick
    "Umm, I don't think so. I really don't think my family is too into the whole crime-fighting-super-hero thing, if they're anything like my mum. I mean, she is awesome, sometimes, but..."

Banner shut her eyes and shook her head. "Let's not talk about her. If we did in fact have a comic made about us, you know I'd get top billing - A comes before M"

Flux
    "Heh. Yeah. Besides, it's polite, and the crazy fangirls would have fits about misogyny or something. Not that I think all female comic fans are crazy," he amended quickly. "Just that they seem to be the loudest people."

Banner Laverick
    "What?! I'm not loud at all! You're just thinking of Slash-fic writing LOTR fan-girls, not true connoisseurs like myself. Besides, I'd probably end up magically losing my powers and turning to the world of Super Modelling while you take pictures for the local metropolitan newspaper."

She mimed handing him a bagged lunch. "Oh, here you go, darling. Have a safe night of fighting crime. I'll be here in bed all naked and sexy for you when you get home."

Flux
    "I did mean just the crazies," he clarified, even though she'd already changed the subject. "And as great as that scenario would be, I'd rather you were out fighting crime with me. I don't really like the idea of being a solo act."

Banner Laverick
    "Yeah, but you'd be fine if you had to be a hero by yourself. I think so, anyway."

She leaned past him, reaching down under the seat. She returned with his mask, putting on top of his head like a toque. Oh, how she wished she had a camera! He looked so cute!

"We really need to finish your costume. Hopefully they have sewing machines at Cullens; I have a feeling I'm going to stay locked up in my room most of the time that I'm there. Heh, maybe I'll become a big bad bully and get myself kicked out!" She frowned, realising what she had said. "But probably not, you'd end up kicking my butt if I did that..."

Flux
    "Not likely," he said bitterly. "Not if they deserve it, and according to all sources, they do. I'm with you, though; I hope you can find something worthwhile to do there. Right now it looks like we're going to have to make the best of it until we can get you out." He adjusted the mask on his head so the edges of it would quit tickling his ears. "I hate how they assume people couldn't get along without them. We're doing fine with our powers on our own. Besides, making a separate school just for mutants screams segregation to me. I thought we were supposed to be equal or better compared mundanes."

Banner Laverick
    "Mundanes?"

She gave him a look, one that said "Uh, hello? what?". "I'm sure SOME lamer mutants couldn't handle their powers, and need help. I mean, you mentioned that Haven place, and we're helping each other. But saying that we're better than normal people...that just seems, I dunno, mean? Just because we have these powers, doesn't make us automatically better. There are bad mutants just like there are bad humans."

Banner couldn't believe what he had said - "mundanes"? What the heck? "I mean, your parents don't have powers - do you think less of them for it?"

Flux
    Felix could've slapped himself in the forehead. He'd been doing really good about not saying that around anybody but Tron's group, because he really only felt mad enough about it to say it around them.

"I..." he sighed aggravatedly. "No, I don't. And I know there are probably some idiots out there who simply can't hang, but still...Oh, I don't know." He sighed again, trying to formulate his thoughts. "Just nevermind. Sorry I said it."

Banner Laverick
    "Uhhmm, okay."

She kissed him again, pulling his mask down over his face, laughing and slipping out of the car while he was distracted. "You know, we should spend tonight together - do you think your parents would be okay if you "spent the night" at a friends house?"

Flux
    "GAH!" He arranged the mask so he could see out of it as he slid over to the door. "Yeah, they won't care, but will your parents care if I stay at your place? Somehow I don't see her being okay with it." He gave her an appraising look under his mask.

Banner Laverick
    "Felix Fletcher!"

She placed her hands on her hips, attempting to say this without cracking into a grin. She was failing. Totally.

"Who said anything about going to MY house to stay? Maybe to pick-up a few things I need, but no way. We can use my Mc Job money to get a hotel room or something. There's no way I'd ever, EVER, EVER bring you there."

Flux
    "A hotel?" he repeated, his voice giving away his feelings since his face was covered. "Well now!" That would be awesome, but what would she expect of him? They've known each other for a week, week and a half, and they've been officially a couple for about 20 minutes. Felix wasn't so sure it was gonna be the best idea to do this kind of thing so early. Then again, if he told her no, she'd probably hate him for not wanting to maximize their time before the inevitable split. His next thought verbalized itself without him meaning it to.

"What would we do?"

Banner Laverick
    "I dunno, I could bring a console and we could rent movies or something....Felix!" Banner started laughing as she realized exactly what he thought they'd be doing in a hotel room. They weren't even officially a couple - okay, MAYBE they were after saying it in the car...But doing "it", that hadn't even crossed her mind.

"Not that!"

Flux
    "I'm actually really relieved to hear that," he confessed. "I wasn't sure what you meant, but I wanted to make sure that wasn't it. I mean, not that I thought you meant that, just that...well, I dunno. I agree." He cleared his throat. "Movies and games sounds good. I can leave a note for my parents and then we'll be all set. We wanna get moving on this now or later?"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast