Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The Adventures of American Girl and Magnet Man - Issue 1

Banner Laverick
    "Thanks. I didn't hit them as hard as I'd like, figured I shouldn't send them to the hospital just for being lamers."

She kept her arms around his neck, hugging him. "You really were amazing. Ever think of fighting crime as a hobby?"

Flux
    Felix managed to stop looking at his handiwork and look her in the eye. "Nope. No way to hide my identity, I'm not in good physical condition, I could get arrested for being a crazy vigilante, I could get hurt or killed...I mean, it's fun to talk about, but I'm not sure I could actually DO it. At least, not right now."

Banner Laverick
    "Hrm. I guess you're right." She pulled away, looking a little disappointed. They'd make a great crime-fighting duo. At least she thought so. Banner looked down at her watch, a little embaressed and trying to change the subject.

"Ugh, so late. Did you want me to fly you home? Or I guess we could try to catch a bus or something."

Flux
    "I dunno. Maybe, I guess. I don't even know where I live from here. Where's a street sign?" He climbed down and helped her down, too, and headed towards the street to find out where they were. "I guess if all else fails you can take me to my school. I can walk home from there."

Banner Laverick
    "Okay."

She trailed behind him, following him out to the street. It wasn't anywhere she'd ever heard of.

"Do you know where we are?"

Flux
    He recognized the street sign (Markhaven Street) as one that intersected the roads near his school. However, he didn't know what direction to go in.

"Uh...kinda. Don't know which way to go though. I guess we could just walk one way, figure out which way to go, then fly in the right direction. Is that okay, or do we need a different plan?"

Banner Laverick
    "How about we get up in the air, do you think you could see your school from up there? It would save us a bit a time and walking."

Before he could answer, she'd scooped him up, lifting him by putting her arms under his armpits. They were up and over the trees and street lights, then over whatever buildings surrounded the park.

"Do you see your school? Or anything familiar?"

Flux
    Second time was much better than the first. Maybe it was just that the flying thing had gotten steadily cooler after he'd done it that one time. He turned his head and twisted as best he could to see, then finally spotted it a good distance away. "Over there," he said, pointing over Banner's shoulder.

Banner Laverick
    "Alrighty."

She flew slowly at first, but since Felix seemed fine with the whole being a zillion feet in the air thing now, she sped up. Even did some trick flying before setting him on the grass beside his school. Banner floated a few inches from the ground, digging into her purse. Out came her cell phone.

"Uh, do you think I could get your number? Maybe we can hang out again sometime. If you want to."

Flux
    He actually laughed as she pulled her tricks, keeping his eyes open for the whole bit. He managed to stop the giddy laughter shortly after the landing, just in time to give her his phone number. He pulled a pencil from his pocket and fished the receipt out of his bag of books, turning it over to write on the back.

"Let me get your number, too. Oh, and I'll give you my AIM name and stuff. Is that cool?"

Banner Laverick
    "Sure."

They exchanged all the important info - land-line numbers, cell numbers, IM screen names, email addresses. Then stood there awkwardly in silence. Banner settled her feet on the ground, fidgeting once again.

"Um, I guess I should be going. See you later?"

Flux
    "Yep. I'll log all this when I get to the house; probably send you a message onlne." He pulled her into another hug and kissed her on the cheek, in return for the one she gave him earlier. "This was fun, we'll definitely have to do it again. Good night Banner."

Banner Laverick
    She hugged him back tight, smiling as he kissed her cheek. "Yeah. Good night Felix."

She was about to let him go, take off for home...when, well, she decided (since she WAS a strong, independent type woman, after all) to stop. She pulled him tightly to her, pressing her lips hard against his, eyes shut and keeping her fingers crossed that he wouldn't freak out.
    Last edited by Banner Laverick; Apr 9th, 2008 at 11:08:26 PM.

Flux
    He was half-turned to walk away when she yanked him back and ensnared him in his very first kiss. He held onto her as he stumbled, shutting his eyes, trying to breathe, and returning the kiss as best he could think to. He wasn't sure how long it lasted; to him, it felt like a very good forever. When they parted, he stumbled back a step, relaxing a little and letting his body find it's own center of gravity.

"Hah. Oh wow. I mean, uh..."

So now what is he supposed to say!? What's he supposed to do? None of his friends had ever been kissed (Felix was betting they never would) and his brother had never given him any advice about what to do when a girl just randomly throws herself upon you in an act of passion. Or...whatever. He just wished he'd stop grinning like a damn idiot and looked at the ground.

"That was, uh...that was yeah."

Again with the stupid talk. If he weren't feeling so elated he would simply shrivel up from embarrassment.

Banner Laverick
    "I'm sorry." So much for being strong, Banner felt like...well, embaressed of course. It seemed to be the theme for today. She'd kissed one guy before, and it was nothing like this...She just kind of, wanted to do it again. So she did, a little gentler this time, her fingers trailing down his back.

Flux
    Felix fairly melted. He returned the kiss a little more easily this time, worrying less about what he was doing and just...doing it. But there was that little part of his nerd-brain the whole time going

THIS IS AMAZING! Oh my God, how did I get THIS lucky? This never happens to people, not even in comics. Oh, and I know me some comics. Maybe that's why. Maybe this is my payoff for being a good little comic book guy. Nah, it's bigger. Oh screw it, this is AMAZING. Nobody will ever believe it.

His hands ran up into her hair, and he marveled at how it felt. What had he been missing out on for two years of high school? And this is because he's a mutant? Oh, thank the powers that be for mutantcy. Without it, he'd never know Banner Laverick.

Banner Laverick
    Her hands had made their way down to his bum, giving it a teeny squeeze before she broke the kiss. She couldn't think of anything else to say, except sorry, but that didn't seem appropriate. Her thoughts were going a million miles per minute. but wow...just wow.

"So...yeah. Uh, we should definitely do this again. Very soon. If that's okay."

Flux
    He didn't dare touch her back. He just grinned, looked at her, looked at his feet, looked at her, and said "Yeah. Anytime you like." He scratched the back of his neck and looked off down the street toward his house. "I'll, uh..." He looked back to her. "I'll see you later?" He didn't want to go, but he figured he'd best go while they were both still happy and not-awkward. Well, not as awkward as they could be.

Banner Laverick
    "Definitely."

She grinned at him, looked at her shoes, his shoes, then down the street. She didn't want to go home, but she knew neither of them could stay out all night without their parents grounding them forever.

"I better go, my mum is going to be wondering where I am. Yours probably is too. I'll im you later. Stay sweet, Magnet Man."

One last kiss - a quick peck on the lips. Before he was out of sight, he turned and waved at her, still smiling. She couldn't help but smile back, nearly skipping into the air, as she headed for home.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345