Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In a Darkened Corner

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha looked dubiously at Kallum, annoyed by the distraction ::

"You do realize, if anything should happen to malfunction ..."

:: She let the boy fill in the blank with his own imagination ::

"Yeh can trust me, boss," he said, "'ave I ever let yeh down?"

His fear hid behind a smile, a well-practised technique of his, but he couldn't keep eye contact. He saw Molly checking out his work and frowned.

"Wha' are yeh doin' 'ere, anyway?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Erin
    He was a cheeky little thing..

"Same as you, I should think. Following orders from the Boss." She gave him a little wink and tossed her head, dark curls bouncing, indicating Sorsha.

"So you are the maintenance crew then?"

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha let go of his ear and stood up. She'd have it looked at carefully later ::

"He's the mascot." she teased.

"I'm an' integral part o' de team," he shot at Molly, pretending to ignore Sorsha's teasing.

He turned away from the women, his jaw clenched, then kicked the hatch shut and tucked the hydrospanner into the waistband of his trousers. He wiped the grease and oil from his hands onto his shirt; his face and ears burned because he had the distinct impression the women were giggling. He took a long breath before he spoke.

"So what's next, boss?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Kallum couldn't have phrased it better. Molly too was begining to wonder what was next, she looked askance at the crime boss, who seemed to dote on little urchins as well as down-on-their-luck good girls like Molly had been. What a menagerie she must have...

"After you then, Madame..?"

Sorsha Kasajian
    "I think you should go wash." she said to Kallum. Turning to Molly, she led the her rest of the way to the Throne Room.

Offended by the suggestion, Kallum stood defiant, and watched them disappear down the corridor. Then followed them.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    To be completely honest, Molly was more than a little intimidated. She always had been since walking into the lady's presence with a broken wrist and a 'Wanted' add on her head. She made bad things go away, or so Molly'd been told, but there was a price to everything and no good deed went unpunished. Was she here now because she'd done something to offend Sorsha?

Molly gulped, her Forget-me-not blue eyes carefully inspecting her very cute, but very uncomfortable shoes, bedecked with little bows on her toes. This could be very, very bad...

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Changes are in order once again. I came here to make you aware of them."

:: She spotted Kallum, but paid him no mind as she continued ::

"First, I'm giving you your own vessel."

:: She tried not to laugh at the suprise on Molly's face ::

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    A vessel?!? Holy smokes...

Clearly Sorsha meant serious business this time, which meant a job for Molly.

"What kind of.. changes, boss?", she was almost afraid to ask.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: She handed Molly a datapad, indicating the ship and where it was located. The gift was a SoroSuub Horizon-class Star Yacht. She waited for Molly to take it in first before she said more ::

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Her eyes were begining to ache from popping open at all the surprises today! It was like a holiday or something! My she must have been a very good girl indeed.. The ship Sorsha was giving her was the very first word in taste as far as Molly was concerned and she could hardly credit the fact that it was going to be her own..

Dragging her eyes away from the datapad she looked questioningly, once more to Sorsha. "Have I won a prize for Informant of the month?", she asked in half jest.

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha laughed ::

"I like to take care of my people, Molly."

:: She invited the young woman to join her at the table ::

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Intrigued further, Molly did as she was bade and approached the table.

"You do take care of me. You have since the first day I met you, broken and lost as I was. That's why I'm here today.."

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Servants brought food, and poured wine ::

"Do you like Cloud City? Is it working out to your liking?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Molly nodded quickly, sending her curls bouncing again.

"I'm very content here, thank you. If you could have seen the slime pit I crawled out of on Coruscant.."

It was true, Molly was living the sweet life now compared to the crappy little apartment she'd been evcited from. To say nothing of being nearly assaulted by the sleazy landlord. The landlord who was no longer with them, thanks to Hadrian.. Then here she was now, dining on fine cuisine with the woman who had made it all go away and everything she had today possible.

"It's sometimes a bit challenging to keep Mu's trust. She isn't easily duped and to be honest I think she sees right through me and knows why I'm really there. It's why I have to find other faculties to link some of the info I pass along to you through. If it was found out to have originated through Bliss.."

She thought about what Lili had told her about what happened to Denny and she turned pale.

Sorsha Kasajian
    "As I was saying, changes are in order. Should you wish to relocate, it can easily be arranged. Black Sun is about to split."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Molly had just tipped back a wineglass for a sip when Sorsha's words hit her and she nearly choked, setting the glass down and coughing a bit.

"Split? You're splitting? Like.. leaving?" Molly damn near shot out of the seat to go pack. She loved her pay and her job at the Cloud 9, but she wasn't about to be stranded as a waitress forever..

Sorsha Kasajian
    "Yes. I grow weary of that ungrateful Sasseeri. I carved out my half of the business without spreading my legs for Xizor. I've surpassed that tralk and it's time to lose the deadweight."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast