Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In a Darkened Corner

Sorsha Kasajian
    :: Sorsha wiped the tears from her eyes as she smirked at her handmaiden ::

"I did as you asked, now leave me out of your little schemes." :mneh

:: She gave Tegan a dismissive wave, and turned her attention to the pomegranate again ::

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Erin
    Still feeling a bit overwhelmed, Molly returned to the Cloud 9, catching soem questioning glances from customers and staff alike. Sure she spent a lot of time there, but when she was off, she didn't normally return to hang out..

Ignoring anyone who tried to grab her attention, Molly made a break for the back and Mu's office. She stopped outside the door and drew in a deep steadying breath, trying to calm her nerves, then knocked..

"Mu..? It's Molly..."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Voices mingled with laughter drifted through the doorway before Molly heard Mu's voice call out, "Yes?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "Hey.." , she started, arching a brow at the laughter. What was the boss up to in there?

"I need you for something. Could I have a moment of your time? I'll be quick about it."

Molly wasn't one to trouble the boss. If anything she was extremely efficient at sorting out her own messes, along with other peoples, when the need called for it. So the request was something new altogther. She did not ask for anything that wasn't serious..

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Low murmurings continued, then Mu's voice "Fine, come."

Molly pushed the door open and her wide eyes looked about the office.

Mu sat at her desk casually leaning back in her chair with her boots kicked up. A dark haired man, half sitting on her desk near her dressed in a black Imperial pilots uniform turned to look at Molly as she came in through the door.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Molly twisted her hands together uncomfortable with the whole situation. Mu was one thing, but she was not about to spill it in front of..what appeared to be an Imperial officer, that she was working for the biggest crime boss between here and Tatooine ... NO way..

Instead she smiled, all full of charm and held the door open for him. "Girl talk. Boys out for my two minutes of time, please?"

Yeah, it was cheeky, but it beat the alternative and she was full of cheek..
    Last edited by Molly Black; Feb 13th, 2008 at 09:31:08 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Mu's eyebrow shot upwards, <i>What the...</i>

The Captain's head shot around towards Mu, "Girl talk? Sooo... you <i>do</i> have a soft side then." he grinned at her.

Mu dropped her feet off her desk and stood up, "I usually keep it locked away at home," her face was inches from his.

<i>Somethings up, Molly never talks to me about anything other than the bar.</i>

The Captain stood up, "Mmmm... when's the last time it was taken out?"

"That's confidential data." Mu linked her arm through his and they both started walking towards Molly and the door.

"I can keep a secret."

"I know you can." The two exchanged a look and grinned.

Reaching the door she held out her ungloved hand to the officer, "Sorry we had to cut things a bit short. How long are you in town before you head back to Coruscant?"

"Few days." His hand grasped hers, held onto it for a moment then he ran his thumb along the backside before they slid apart.

"Maybe I'll see you around then."

"Maybe," He pulled out his cap from his belt and adjusted it on his head then looked at Molly. "Keep working on bringing out that soft side for me, eh?" He winked at her then turned around and walked down the hallway towards the back entrance.

Mu's eyes narrowed and a subtle grin played about her face. She watched him walk down the hallway open the door and shoot her one last look before he disappeared into the night air.

The door closed, "So," she exhaled just a bit. "let's <i>talk</i>." She turned and headed briskly back into her office. "I have to warn you though, I don't know anything about current hair styles."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "Well... it's no matter because my hair is only capable of being a curly mess, or being restrained like a savage beast, no help for it."

Molly tugged a lock straight and emphasized the point, by releasing it to pop back into place in a perfect coil.

"At any rate, I'm afraid the matter is more delicate and touchy than my hair." She sat and crossed one leg over the other, trying to force a calm she didn't really feel. She knew better than to try and fool Mu, that was not a safe option at all.

"I know, you know... I mean, that you know. You know?" Molly slapped a hand over her mouth horrified at her own nervous babble.

"What I mean is! I know you are aware that I'm also working for certain parties...."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Mu sat back down behind her desk and leaned back. Fishing around in a pocket she pulled out a thin cigar, "I have my suspicions," she pulled a lighter out a side drawer and at the same time activated her security system in the office.

Behind them the door to her office sealed shut and a frequency jammer activated to interfere with anyone or anything trying to listen in, "Figured it wasn't any of my business what you do off the clock."

She lit the thin cigar and narrowed her eyes at Molly, "As long as it was <i>off</i> the clock," she exhaled and a billow of smoke curled up around her.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Her eyes watered..

"Right.. Well, to be brief, these parties have proposed to meet with you, to discuss common interests. Along with some profound knowledge regarding a restructuring of sorts. The kind that will change the gameboard a bit.."

Molly leaned forward and nodded. "It's an invitation of the pleasant sort.."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Mu studied Molly for a moment then looked out the window. "Hmm..."

<i>Seems my days of going unnoticed around here have come to an end. </i>

She inhaled, the tip glowed red. "Care to inform me which Vigo extends this great honor?"

Mu had a suspicion which one it was that expidited Molly's exit from Coruscant. Molly didn't fit the bill Reeouurra was rumored to pour her special generosity upon, but it was always better to be absolutely sure.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Molly smiled. That was the beauty part of this job. Yeah she had two bosses, but she greatly respected both of them. She was proud to announce Mu's potential partner and it showed..

"Kasajian.. I report to the top." She folded her hands in her lap and rolled her thumbs around.

"I think though, that anything else, you should hear directly from her. I am only supposed to cordially invite you to hear these proposals. I'll relay any message you wish to send, and you make count upon my discretion either way."
    Last edited by Molly Black; Feb 17th, 2008 at 12:06:32 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The blinds cast shadows across her face while she played with the cigar between her fingertips. <i>Restructuring,</i> she looked at Molly's cheerful face, <i>and common interests?</i>

"Come now Molly," she leaned forward and put the cigar out "you've got to give me an idea of what Kasajian is after."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "Truth be told, boss, I'm not certain. I find it easier on the digestion to only know what's required of me. There is going to be a split in power regarding my other employers interests. I suppose it could be as simple a matter as finding out who's ones mutually beneficial 'friends' are.."

Molly twirled a finger around a curl, still trying to keep it all together. She rather wished she did know more..

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She stood up and walked to the window. With her back to Molly she raised one finger and tapped her bottom lip. <i>Sounds like the truce between the Vigo's is about to come to an end. That means things could get very interesting out here along the edge. But why would Kasajian want to meet with me? Unless...</i>

An eyebrow arched slightly, through her head she ran over every trade and contact she had made over the past several years. An extensive list but limited in it's scope. Mu had worked very hard to keep her business dealings out of the eyes and ears of the Hutts, Black Sun and the Empire. Her operation was too small to be a threat or an asset to whatever Kasajian was planning. Or so she thought.

<i>At any rate,</i> Mu turned and looked at Molly, "I'll meet with her, but on <b>my</b> terms." To refuse the invitation was to make an immediate enemy she could not afford, to accept blindly would be to walk blind folded into a kiln.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    Thank the stars.. Molly thought..

"That will be more than acceptable, Mu. I'm certain. Any message you want me to deliver? Or shall I wait on the time and place..?"

She knew that Sorsha was going to wait, she just didn't know for how long. She had seemed eager to be gone, somehow..

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Inform her I'll be on the observation sky bridge between the twin towers at dawn waiting." The bridge that connected the banking complex was long, narrow and incredibly high. It was isolated enough for privacy, as the winds caused voices only to carry a few feet. But public and open enough that Mu could would be able to see any type of ambush coming long before it reached her. The towers were centrally located in the city on the upper levels. In the early morning hours only honest working people would be up and moving about, and none of them interested in the view from the bridge, tourists tended to sleep in.

It was about as neutral and open as one could get, and the only place Mu could think of at the moment where she felt <i>comfortable</i> speaking with the Vigo.

Mu walked back to Molly and looked down. "and I'll only speak to her. The body guards need to stay off the bridge or I walk away."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Erin
    "I'll let her know. I'll try to be close, too." Molly sensed the matter was concluded and headed for the door, but stopped before leaving to turn around, feeling like she had more to say.

"Mu, just so you know.. I rather like my job here and I wouldn't have anything change. It's a swell place you've got here.." She smiled, trying to be cheerful and waved on her way out, back to see Sorsha..

Damn.. her feet were absolutely killing her now...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Mu rested on the edge of her desk and watched Molly get up. Before the girl reached the door, Mu leaned back and flicked off her security system. Allowing for the girl to open the door without knowing it was ever sealed.

<i> Dangerous days...</i> She raised a hand and waved back at Molly as she left. After her door closed Mu sat for a moment in silence then flipped her screen around and began searching the public records of ships in dock. <i>Time to arrange a "casual" meeting with the Captain and perhaps call in a favor.</i>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234