Thread: A Great Day to be Alive

Pong

Closed Thread A Great Day to be Alive

It was just another day for most of the inhabitants on the planet Endor, but for the Panjeer named Pong it was a special day. You see today was the last day he would spend as a farmer. For tomorrow he would start his shaman training under the village elder Yiah. So today he intended to spoil himself starting with some drinks and a nice relaxing dip in one of the many hotsprings that literally littered the mountainside.

As he walked through his village heading north to his favorite spot he was stopped many times as others congradulated him and told him to stop by the tavern later where they would buy his drinks. He merely smiled and nodded as he growled his thanks. For Panjeers spoke in a dialect of growls and roars, though there were a few occasions were one Panjeer took it upon themselves to learn an outsider language just in case.

He came upon the edge of town gaurded by the elite warriors of his race and let out a hearty laugh as he saw his life long friend standing with his customary spear and a standard blaster at his side. No matter how many times he came across it, it had always amused Pong how the Panjeers had been able to integrate technology into their older traditions.

"Good day Mali," Pong roared as he slapped his friend on the back. "Keeping the town safe today?"

"Safe enough, though it would be safer if you joined," Mali roared back as he raised his paw and placed it on Pong's shoulder, a greeting between freinds. "When do you plan on signing up so I can let the Masters know you are coming?"

Pong sighed. It was a discussion he knew that Mali would never let die. From a very early age both of them had shown great potential to become great warriors in their clans, but Pong had prefered a more quite life of a farmer or if the Nature desired a shaman healer for his clan. It was a quite life of dignity and that was something he desired even more than the ale that his people produced and much of thier society was based on. "Ahh my dear Mali, Have you not heard the news?"

"Yes, but still you'ed make a much better warrior than a shaman. Why you'd want to spend all your days talking to the air than actually doing something is beyond my guess, but it's your choice and I know you'll be the best you can my friend," Mali rumbled. "Now where are you off to?"

"Well I was thinking about taking a dip in the hotsprings up north of here for an hour or two.Care to join?"

"I can't. I relieved Rong to spend today with his mate. She expects her cub anyday now and it would be good for them to have their father there."

"Haha," Pong roared. He slapped his freind on the back as he walked past and shook his head. "Still full of surprises. Prehaps you aren't the hard warrior you lead us all to believe then? Ah good day Mali. I hope to see you at the tavern later tonight?"

"I would not miss it," he roared to his freind as Pong disappeared in the foilage in search of the right hot spring.

An hour later...

Pong sighed as he slipped into the warm bubbling waters. His robes laying on a log nearby. "This is the life. Nothing could go wrong today."

Gharhda the Hutt
    "Alright, take up positions. We're landing on Endor's Moon. But we need some fuel at this station. We are going to assume our duties when we dock. OK! Let's get this ship moving!" the Trandoshan Pirate shouted at his crew.

The Radiant Dawn crawled its way through space and was in 100 meters of the Space Station. But they didn't pick up a cloaked ship on their sensors. The invisible ship was a big Corellian Corvette striking with Black and Red colors. The Corvette hurtled over the Radiant Dawn and used its tractor beams and sensors to guide its way onto the Dawn. The star cruiser had the Dawn in its hangar bay and BAM! The cloak turned off and the Radiant Dawn, which is a Skipray Blastboat, was trapped.

The Captain of the Corvette spoke,"Haha, they are now being boarded and killed. But select few are going to be interrogated. Serves them right for my... ...eh, scar..."

The Captain's Scar was in view of a crew member that was horrified by its sight. The Blastboat was starting to drop, but the Corellian Corvette didn't use its tractor beams. They were disabled. In that case, the weapons would do fine. ZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAP! WWWWWWWWWWWHHHIIIIIZZZ! BOOM!

The Skipray's attenna and a wing were blown off and the Dawn was skydiving into the planet's atmosphere. ZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!

Pong
    Pong rolled over as a streak of red caught his eye. [/i]It's still daytime, so it couldn't be a shooting star. I wonder what it is?[/i]

The Panjeer stood up, the water covering him moderately. He walked closer to the edge of the spring and gasped. He could see glimmering metal as it got closer to the planet. Soon it was going to hit ground and not far from here. He jumped out of the spring, his robe forgotten and ran in the general direction he thought the ship, for that's what he concluded it to be, would impact. It was not uncommon for a Panjeer to go without one in the woods since the main points were for decoration and to denote a Panjeer's place in society.

His people were no strangers to technology so he wasn't afraid, but what he was worried about was the beings on the ship. That was if they were still alive by the time he got there.

Gharhda the Hutt
    ZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

The left wing had just ripped off in atmosphere, and the engines blew out like milions of flares. The blastboat was a red flare with no wings, gravity within its range. Gravity was gripping the Radiant Dawn and pulling down towards a tiny forest filled with trees. The skipray blastboat suddenly aimed its self from a huge wind at the hot springs. The Dawn spun around and around until...

BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! !!

The whole blastboat had fallen apart right before impact!
    Radiant Dawn had just turned into Radiant Dusk. Its own self was scattered across the springs. But, one survivor, Spyre Traske, had lived. He and a few others, severly injured. That one human was next to a log. A log with a certain robe on it...

Emily Srawd
    "Ohhhhh, huh? hat? The ship was rumbling, and-" Spyre said before a rumble started.

A thud suddenely sounded, ending the rhythm of the rumble. Then, sparks shot straight out over Spyre's body! The hiss of the sparks ended. CRACKLE! The remains of the broken starship had started to explode! Then, of all things that could happen, the heavy, metal plate on Spyre blew over him as he was tossed over the scene like a ragdoll! "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Traske shouted in the air. He landed, splashed, and floated into a hot spring.

The commander of the Corvette had just used an escape pod and launched to that coordinate of the hot springs. His Scar looked more menacing than ever. He walked towards the scorched and rippled body of Spyre Traske, the only thing standing in his way was...
    Last edited by Emily Srawd; Jan 15th, 2008 at 08:08:23 PM.

Gharhda the Hutt
    ...A slightly young near-human with red eyes and two black prongs on the inside. He walked up to Traske, who was almost dead, and looked back up at the Trandoshan. The Trandoshan's name was Josske, an Imperial Captain that had gone renegade and now paranoid on finding Jacek, the person staring at him. Jacek used a special technique, not used by the Force mostly, but it was his Clan's bloodline. He called it his Kekkou Fenhi. He used it and Jossk went into a state of backwards-ness. The sky was now orange, with smoke as clouds and the trees were crosses. The hot springs were now pools of blood. Air was death. Gravity was crushing him and once he got to the bottom, his head stuck out of the ground. Gravity stopped. Jacek was toying with him. Now the playing began. Jossk's scar was empty, instead, the rest of his face was scarred up and bandaged. A mirror appeared.

"First stage. Denial." Jacek echoed...

The bandages on Jossk's face peeled off, revealing a terrifying face, filled with gore, blood, and horror.

"No! NOOOO!!! MY FACE!! THIS CAN'T BE POSSIBLE!!" Jossk screamed in terror.

"Second stage. Denial's effects."

The Trandoshan shifted moods. He started talking as if he were fine.

"Well, everything's fine. He's only using Kekkou Jenhi. It won't do a thing to me. Just an illousion." Jossk declared.

"Third stage. Grief." an echo filled time and space.

Jossk's head turned left, then slowly right. He shuddered.

"Oh, my God. The scorekeeper will disqualify me if I die. No! That can't happen!" he replied, shaking.

"Fourth stage. Anger."

Jossk twisted and squirmed. His face became frowning. He started shouting.

"NOO! I'LL KILL YOU WHEN I GET OUT!!! I WILL DESTROY YOU!! GAHH!!"

"Fifth and final stage, my favorite. Acceptance. Heh."

"Wait. This life is a waste. Once I die, I will take on new power, and remember this! I want to die!! Kill me NOW!"

"No." Jacek replied.

"What? You're messing with me. You wouldn't do that." Jossk said.

"Whatever," the Near-Human boredly said once more.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

"This is the good part. Leaving him here."

"NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!! PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!" Jossk screamed for mercy.

Jacek left Jossk invincible in that world. But he wouldn't let him out. He would check back on him from time to time, but not let him out. He had stepped through a door and replied to Jossk one last time,"I'll come back for you later and talk."

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Captain Vak Morneen of the Imperial salvage vessel, a Class II Frigate, Sunlight Gem was consaulting with the helmsman when the sensorman to his left reported unknown ships in the forest moon's orbit. He turned to view the readout. It detailed two vessels, a blastboat and corvette. They had appeared from behind the moon and engaged in combat for a brief moment before the blastboat, outgunned, was delt a heavy blow. Gravity snatched it and it fell to the planet's surface followed by an escape pod from the corvette.

"Track that pod. Helm bring us about and intercept that corvette." Vak ordered walking to his command chair, "Communications open a channel to the 'vette."

The crewman nodded and the link was established.

"Unknown corvette this is the Imperial ship Sunlight Gem. You have entered Imperial space and egaged in combat. Stand down and hold station, or you will be destroyed." Vak flicked a switch on his chair which muted his pickup for just a second and said, "Dispatch a landing party to recover whoever fell planetside."

"Aye Captain." replied his second-in-command.

A squad of navy troopers and their officer recieved a alert from the bridge in their barracks. The signal light over the barracks doorway flashed blue then green, they were to suit up for planetside operations. The men dropped what they were doing and headed for the armoury just outside the port hanger bay. Inside the bay a Lamba-class Shuttle was being prepped for them by a number of technicians. The twelve troopers now armoured and armed left the armoury and entered the hanger following a pilot into the shuttle.

The pilot took his seat and started running his checks. All systems showing green, he closed the ramp. The soldiers had strapped themselves in while their co was giving them the standard brief: Secure evacuees, and eliminate hostiles. Afterwards the shuttle lifted off the deck and headed out the bay. Wings folded down, the ship accelerated to the planets surface. It would reach the location of the downed ship in minutes.

Pong
    Pong tried to walk as silently as he could towards the smoke that was rising above the tree line. He heard noises, but he couldn't tell what was making them or where they were coming from. He saw being walking around, but decided better to stay in the tree line until he could tell if they would be freindly or not. It all seemed to go good until he accidently stepped on a dead branch that made an unfortunately loud crack.

He stopped moving, stopped breathing, just stopped everything. He shut his eyes, hoping that maybe there was some remote possibility that if he couldn't see them, they might not see him, but reason told him better. But after all he could hope.

HK-48
    "Statement: The Pangeer is in range. Preparing a love shot."

HK took out an Aratech Sniper Rifle and aimed at Pong from three miles away. The Droid steadied the gun and...

*CLICK*

It hit an already dead Trandoshan Captain.

"Uneeded Commentary: AGH! My Aratech Sniper Rifle must be ot of date! But I upgraded just two standard days ago! Master will be dissapointed..."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

The shuttle hovered over the forest tree tops of Endor's moon, one hundred meters away from the crash site. The vegetation far to dense to safely land the shuttle, it lowered its boarding ramp and deployed fast ropes down to the ground instead. Quickly the marines attached themselves to the ropes and descended, spreading out and securing the drop area as they hit the forest floor.

"Zone secure. Shuttle Hydra you are clear to move off." the squad leader radioed in.

"Happy hunting Zeta squad. Hydra out."

The shuttle took flight on a return course for the Sunlight Gem. The frigate had closed on the non-responsive corvette while Morneen had continued to open communications with the vessel. He didn't wish to vaporize anyone today.

Planetside the marines had slowly made there way through the trees to the escape pod. It was empty. They kept a vigil up for any movement in the surrounding woods as the proceeded to the crashed blastboat.

"Sounds up ahead." the leader Hendrix Kas said, "Squad spread out and set blasters to stun. "

The marines spread out in an arc and closed in on the site. Whoever waited ahead was in for a surprise. It was just then they all heard the distinct sound of a blaster round. They froze.

"Possible hostiles. Shoot first ask questions later. Go!"

Gharhda the Hutt
    "*Tzz* HK, did you get the target?*Tzz*"

"Answer: No, Master. My Aratech has gone out on me.
    Explanation: I shot at the Panjeer, but I hit a dead body. A Trandoshan that appeared to be something of a 'Captain'. I will take another sho-AHHH! I've been hit Master!"