Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The End is Only the Beginning

Brigid Cassidy
    "She said others like us will come for me."

:: She looked both frightened and angry at that fact ::

Nikoleta
    "Yes. That is quite true." Nikoleta understood how Brigid felt. The time of her first death, it was during the Peloponnesian war. She was angered by her death and wanted vengeance for the obliteration of her entire family. Hearing that others would come for her furthered that hate. But it also scared her. Here she was given a second chance at life and it could easily be taken away.

"Not all Immortals are like us. Fiona and I only fight when we must and search for others like you, Brigid." She smiled warmly, her eyes sparkled ageless and comforting. "Those that are Immortal and do not yet know it. We teach them who they are and offer them shelter, teach them to survive the time of the Game."
    Last edited by Nikoleta; Jan 5th, 2008 at 03:13:00 PM.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: She bowed her head, as if she were praying. Then she looked up at Nikoleta ::

"Teach me. Please."

Nikoleta
    "I ..." For once Nikoleta was speechless. She had promised Fiona that she could train the girl.

She had to say something. Those big brown eyes full of hope were hanging on every word. "... Did Fiona not offer herself as a teacher?"

Brigid Cassidy
    "She did, but she left it up to me to choose."

Nikoleta
    She leaned back in her chair, licking her lips in thought. "And you would rather choose me?"

Brigid Cassidy
    "I know she was hoping otherwise, but I feel as she does. She looks to you for strength, and wisdom."

Nikoleta
    Nikoleta was touched by Brigid's words. Humbled by the girl sincerity, it made her eyes glisten with appreciation. "If that is what you wish, then I will teach you."
    Last edited by Nikoleta; Jan 7th, 2008 at 04:23:20 PM.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid gave a brief smile, looking at the journal again ::

"Thank you."

Nikoleta
    She pat the girl's hair, her eyes wide with encouragement. Nikoleta saw the eager look on Brigid's face. "Think you are up for a lesson or two on reading?"
    Last edited by Nikoleta; Jan 7th, 2008 at 04:36:50 PM.

Brigid Cassidy
    :: Brigid smiled, comforted by the encouragement ::

"I'd like that."

Nikoleta
    What started as a few lessons, turned into a lengthy evening of memorizing the alphabet and sounding out simple words from Nikoleta's diary. It helped to ease the poor girl's mind from the horrible atrocities committed against her, and the elder Immortal was glad she could be of some comfort.

What few hours remained in the night should be devoted to that continued peace.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234