Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things Amiss

Solani Naleen
    Solani skids to a halt as Fiona goes to run past her. What was she doing? Running towards the thing instead of away. There is no way that she will leave Fiona here alone with that thing.

"Ms. Fiona, please, we must get out of here."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona whipped her head around to shout at Solani ::

"GET RUNNING!!!"

:: The Black Spiral shifted to full Crinos form, the overcoat shredding from it's increased bulk. It's fur was coarse and bristly, ears long and bat-like, and it's mouth formed into a disturbing grin of needles. The beast cackled like a Hyena as it confronted Fiona. She promptly punched it right in the nose, and it retaliated by sending her into some trashcans with a backhand slap ::

Solani Naleen
    Solani was not about to leave Fiona to deal with this by herself, but at the same time, her own arm was starting to go numb from the poison. Taking a deep breath, she starts to mutter under her breath, calling upon the healing energies to first, halt the poison before it spreads any further, and then to get the poison out of her system. She's not going to worry to much about healing the injury until later. Right now Fiona needs assistance since she foolishly ran to the creature.

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona grabbed a trashcan lid, bashing the Black Spiral on the snout as it lunged to take a bite out of her. Rolling backwards on her shoulders, she gained some distance and rose up with her Jian drawn. The beast hesitated, gnashing it's teeth hatefully as it regarded the sword in her hand. They circled eachother cautiously, eyes locked. Fiona had the gaze of a seasoned warrior. There was no hint of fear on her face ::

Solani Naleen
    Solani watches closely, hesitant to get to close to this thing. But she didn't want to leave Fiona alone to face it either. That and she has no weapons of her own in which to use. She slowly moves forward, towards the two as they circled each other. After a brief moment, she decideds to hang back unless Fiona looks like she needs the help.

Fiona Devlin
    :: The Black Spiral spoke ::

<b></i>"Why prolong the inevitable, Witch? Lay down your blade. Spread your legs for me, and I'll give you a blissful death."<i></b>

:: It grinned, licking it's chops at her, and she sneered back ::

"You know what you want. Come and get it, fleabite. If you are able."

:: She teased it, pointing her blade at hell. The Black Spiral frenzied in lust for her flesh, and leapt for her. Black blood spattered across a brick wall as Fiona moved like a blur, slicing the monster's throat cleanly. It fell with a gurgle, more blood pooling like oil beneath it's shaggy mass. It's eyes glazed over milky white as it died ::

Solani Naleen
    Solani watches this in silence, any words which she may have spoken, gone before she even thinks to utter them. Here is Fiona, her boss, standing alive while the beast is dead.

"You do realize what you just killed, right Ms. Fiona?"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona looked up from her dead opponent, directly into Solani's eyes ::

"Aye."

:: All pretense between them was over now, and she waited for the girl to speak again ::

Solani Naleen
    Solani glances at her arm which is still bleeding slightly. A slight frown crosses her face before she shrugs her shoulders.

"Do you want something to drink?

Solani questions casually, almost as if nothing had happened.

Fiona Devlin
    :: She looked Solani over ::

"You're bleeding. We need to care for that."

Solani Naleen
    Solani smiles reassuringly.

"I'll deal with it back at the apartment. It's not that bad to be honest with you. Just a little scratch."

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona didn't smile back, her face deep with concern ::

"I'll be the judge of that."

:: concealing her sword again, she took Solani back to the shop ::

Solani Naleen
    Solani shrugs her shoulders slightly as she's led back to the shop. Right now, the only thing wrong is the fact that her arm is still bleeding and a bandage with a bit of pressure would deal with that, as long as it's not that deep.

'You really don't need to worry. Once the scratch is bandaged, I'll be fine, honest."

Fiona Devlin
    :: She eyed Solani with scrutiny as she tended to the wound ::

"Let's start by telling me how you're immune to the Delirium, hmmm?"

Solani Naleen
    Solani looks at Fiona in silence for a moment, wondering, just how much does she tell.

"I've come across other werewolves before. As far as I know, I've never been affected by the Delirium. Now, how are you immune to the Delirium?"

Fiona Devlin
    "I am Fiona of Cumbria, born 1,941 years ago. I am Immortal."

:: She leaned closer, til she was almost nose to nose with Solani ::

"I'm going to ask you again, child. Tell me who you are."

Solani Naleen
    "Ms. Fiona, I have already told you who I am. I am Solani Naleen. That is very much the truth, even if you do not choose to believe it."

Solani says, staring Fiona in the eyes as she speaks.

"As for the question that you are probably meaning to ask me, I am a Mage. I have been one for several years, hence why I was not affected my the Delerium."

Fiona Devlin
    :: There was something otherworldly about Fiona's eyes, something almost faerie. To look into them too deeply was unsettling, even for vampires. Her gaze softened somewhat as she spoke again ::

"Are you alone, Solani?"

Solani Naleen
    "Yes, I am alone right now. I'm in a new country, in a new city which I only visited once as a child. If I wasn't alone, I wouldn't have been looking for both a job and a place to live."

Fiona Devlin
    "This wound is going to scar over rather badly unless it's healed." she said with a frown.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast